Apr 29, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
According to the Arizona Daily Star, former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner was arrested by campus police on suspicion of DUI within the past week.
This is the latest hit for Turner, who was suspended twice by head coach Sean Miller this past season before eventually leaving the program shortly after the end of the season.
Turner was suspended for Arizona’s game at Florida in early December for a violation of team rules, and his second suspension before the Pac-12 tournament marked the end of his freshman season.
And ultimately, the end of his short and disappointing career in Tucson.
To say the least this latest transgression is the last thing Turner needed while looking for a new school, as it adds one more piece of evidence to the “risk vs. reward” argument.
An immensely talented player, Turner struggled for much of the season while showing some glimpses of the talent that made him one of the top talents in the 2011 class.
Turner averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game this season, playing his best basketball during conference play.
But he couldn’t stay out of his own way in regards to discipline, and that led to the premature end of his season.
The question now: can Turner recognize what’s ultimately at stake before it’s too late? Hopefully he can.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)