Apr 29, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Daily Star, former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner was arrested by campus police on suspicion of DUI within the past week.
This is the latest hit for Turner, who was suspended twice by head coach Sean Miller this past season before eventually leaving the program shortly after the end of the season.
Turner was suspended for Arizona’s game at Florida in early December for a violation of team rules, and his second suspension before the Pac-12 tournament marked the end of his freshman season.
And ultimately, the end of his short and disappointing career in Tucson.
To say the least this latest transgression is the last thing Turner needed while looking for a new school, as it adds one more piece of evidence to the “risk vs. reward” argument.
An immensely talented player, Turner struggled for much of the season while showing some glimpses of the talent that made him one of the top talents in the 2011 class.
Turner averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game this season, playing his best basketball during conference play.
But he couldn’t stay out of his own way in regards to discipline, and that led to the premature end of his season.
The question now: can Turner recognize what’s ultimately at stake before it’s too late? Hopefully he can.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)