Apr 29, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
According to the Arizona Daily Star, former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner was arrested by campus police on suspicion of DUI within the past week.
This is the latest hit for Turner, who was suspended twice by head coach Sean Miller this past season before eventually leaving the program shortly after the end of the season.
Turner was suspended for Arizona’s game at Florida in early December for a violation of team rules, and his second suspension before the Pac-12 tournament marked the end of his freshman season.
And ultimately, the end of his short and disappointing career in Tucson.
To say the least this latest transgression is the last thing Turner needed while looking for a new school, as it adds one more piece of evidence to the “risk vs. reward” argument.
An immensely talented player, Turner struggled for much of the season while showing some glimpses of the talent that made him one of the top talents in the 2011 class.
Turner averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game this season, playing his best basketball during conference play.
But he couldn’t stay out of his own way in regards to discipline, and that led to the premature end of his season.
The question now: can Turner recognize what’s ultimately at stake before it’s too late? Hopefully he can.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)