Apr 29, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Daily Star, former Arizona point guard Josiah Turner was arrested by campus police on suspicion of DUI within the past week.
This is the latest hit for Turner, who was suspended twice by head coach Sean Miller this past season before eventually leaving the program shortly after the end of the season.
Turner was suspended for Arizona’s game at Florida in early December for a violation of team rules, and his second suspension before the Pac-12 tournament marked the end of his freshman season.
And ultimately, the end of his short and disappointing career in Tucson.
To say the least this latest transgression is the last thing Turner needed while looking for a new school, as it adds one more piece of evidence to the “risk vs. reward” argument.
An immensely talented player, Turner struggled for much of the season while showing some glimpses of the talent that made him one of the top talents in the 2011 class.
Turner averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists per game this season, playing his best basketball during conference play.
But he couldn’t stay out of his own way in regards to discipline, and that led to the premature end of his season.
The question now: can Turner recognize what’s ultimately at stake before it’s too late? Hopefully he can.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona