Apr 30, 2012, 2:55 PM EDT
Former Michigan State guard Brandon Wood was arrested in Chicago Sunday morning after allegedly assaulting a woman and battering another, MLive.com reports.
Police say the 23-year-old Wood slapped a young woman and verbally threatened a 32-year-old homeowner, following her insistence that he leave her home.
He was arrested around 3:30 a.m. and was charged with battery, assault, and criminal trespassing of a residence. The charges are all misdemeanors.
Wood averaged 8.6 points and 2.9 rebounds per game in his senior season at Michigan State and was in Chicago training for the upcoming NBA draft.
Wood is the second player from the Michigan State program to have a run-in with the law in recent weeks, after forward Derrick Nix was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle with the presence of drugs and marijuana possession.
Nix was suspended from the Michigan State team.
Wood played previously at Southern Illinois and Valparaiso, before transferring to Michigan State, taking advantage of the NCAA’s one-year transfer rule.
He posted bond on Sunday and is set to appear in court on June 1.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)