Apr 30, 2012, 2:55 PM EDT
Former Michigan State guard Brandon Wood was arrested in Chicago Sunday morning after allegedly assaulting a woman and battering another, MLive.com reports.
Police say the 23-year-old Wood slapped a young woman and verbally threatened a 32-year-old homeowner, following her insistence that he leave her home.
He was arrested around 3:30 a.m. and was charged with battery, assault, and criminal trespassing of a residence. The charges are all misdemeanors.
Wood averaged 8.6 points and 2.9 rebounds per game in his senior season at Michigan State and was in Chicago training for the upcoming NBA draft.
Wood is the second player from the Michigan State program to have a run-in with the law in recent weeks, after forward Derrick Nix was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle with the presence of drugs and marijuana possession.
Nix was suspended from the Michigan State team.
Wood played previously at Southern Illinois and Valparaiso, before transferring to Michigan State, taking advantage of the NCAA’s one-year transfer rule.
He posted bond on Sunday and is set to appear in court on June 1.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)