Apr 30, 2012, 2:55 PM EST
Former Michigan State guard Brandon Wood was arrested in Chicago Sunday morning after allegedly assaulting a woman and battering another, MLive.com reports.
Police say the 23-year-old Wood slapped a young woman and verbally threatened a 32-year-old homeowner, following her insistence that he leave her home.
He was arrested around 3:30 a.m. and was charged with battery, assault, and criminal trespassing of a residence. The charges are all misdemeanors.
Wood averaged 8.6 points and 2.9 rebounds per game in his senior season at Michigan State and was in Chicago training for the upcoming NBA draft.
Wood is the second player from the Michigan State program to have a run-in with the law in recent weeks, after forward Derrick Nix was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle with the presence of drugs and marijuana possession.
Nix was suspended from the Michigan State team.
Wood played previously at Southern Illinois and Valparaiso, before transferring to Michigan State, taking advantage of the NCAA’s one-year transfer rule.
He posted bond on Sunday and is set to appear in court on June 1.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 1
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)