Apr 30, 2012, 2:55 PM EDT
Former Michigan State guard Brandon Wood was arrested in Chicago Sunday morning after allegedly assaulting a woman and battering another, MLive.com reports.
Police say the 23-year-old Wood slapped a young woman and verbally threatened a 32-year-old homeowner, following her insistence that he leave her home.
He was arrested around 3:30 a.m. and was charged with battery, assault, and criminal trespassing of a residence. The charges are all misdemeanors.
Wood averaged 8.6 points and 2.9 rebounds per game in his senior season at Michigan State and was in Chicago training for the upcoming NBA draft.
Wood is the second player from the Michigan State program to have a run-in with the law in recent weeks, after forward Derrick Nix was arrested on charges of operating a vehicle with the presence of drugs and marijuana possession.
Nix was suspended from the Michigan State team.
Wood played previously at Southern Illinois and Valparaiso, before transferring to Michigan State, taking advantage of the NCAA’s one-year transfer rule.
He posted bond on Sunday and is set to appear in court on June 1.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)