Apr 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- Your must-read story of the day comes from Glen Logan of A Sea of Blue. It’s about education and sports. Make sure you read the whole thing and all the links. You can thank me later
- Former-Arizona guard Josiah Turner was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving under the influence. Somebody needs to give this kid a wake-up call. He was suspended no less than two times during his freshman season at Arizona, didn’t play the last month of the season, and was essentially not asked back. The sad thing is, somebody will take a chance on this kid. I just hope that person is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that this kid cleans his act up
- Speaking of Arizona, incoming freshman Gabe York survived a serious car wreck last month. The Arizona Daily Star has the details
- Mike Huguenin put together a complete list of the coaching carousel
- Tony Barbee dismissed two players from the Auburn program over the weekend
- The judge is still trying to determine whether or not to dismiss the defamation suit against Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim
- Maryland guard Pe’Shon Howard, who was sidelined much of his sophomore season with injuries, was charged with disorderly conduct in College Park over the weekend
- Speaking of Maryland, it gets worse. According to InsideMDsports.com, sophomore scoring machine Terrell Stoglin has changed his mid and has decided to enter the NBA Draft
- John Calipari called out NCAA President Mark Emmert on his “one and done” stance
- Duke-transfer Mike Gbinjie has decided to attend Syracuse. Really? Like he’s actually going to get more playing time there?
- Arizona State-transfer Kyle Cain has decided to enroll at UNC-Greensboro
- Wisconsin has given head coach Bo Ryan a contract extension through the 2017 season
- Tennessee-transfer Renaldo “Swiperboy” Woolridge, has decided to attend Southern California
- Terrence Jones continues to crush the public relations industry. Unfortunately, he’s not very good at baseball
- The WAC as we know it is coming to an end. San Jose State and Utah State are headed to the Mountain West Conference. Oh, Louisiana tech and UT-San Antonia are headed to C-USA. This is me waving goodbye to the WAC……
- Speaking of Utah State, it looks like the Aggies are getting some new threads
- You all probably forgot about the point-shaving allegations that were made against San Diego. Well, the main player involved, Brandon Johnson, stated that he never actually threw a game
- Another great Kentucky championship video
Nov 28, 2014, 2:01 AM EST
North Carolina did a better job on the boards while also forcing 23 turnovers in their win over UCLA.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:53 PM EST
Penn State will return to the school’s original colors- black and pink- for their next two games.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:34 PM EST
This is hilarious.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Koenig and Dukan combined to score 18 points in the second half for the second-ranked Badgers.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Khwan Fore’s averaging 7.5 minutes per game in two appearances this season.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
This might have been the best feast week game of all time.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Perkins was kicked in the face by a Georgia player.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s not just football that’s on today.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:14 AM EST
A lot is riding on this season for St. John’s. Can they consistently be the ‘grown up’ team they claimed to be on Wednesday night?
Nov 27, 2014, 3:07 AM EST
Two Big East teams made statements in the Bahamas, and No. 3 Arizona won the Maui Invitational.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:07 AM EST
Arizona scored 22 points off of 14 San Diego State turnovers, and that along with good foul shooting proved to be the difference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
Georgetown committed 19 turnovers, but they shot 49 percent from the field and earned another quality win for the Big East.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Through five games Louisville is shooting 24-for-105 from three. They’ll need to shoot better than that when Ohio State visits next Tuesday.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Sir’Dominic Pointer picked off Minnesota center Elliot Eliason’s outlet pass and made the big man pay for his mistake.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Justin Reed was one of America East’s best guards in each of his first two seasons, but that hasn’t been the case in 2014-15.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
After launching 22 three-pointers in the first half, Oklahoma took a wiser approach to the offensive end of the floor as they outlasted No. 22 UCLA.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
It’s hard to put too much stake in one loss, but there are a couple of things from this game that we need to keep an eye on.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Cameron Biedscheid averaged 6.2 points per game as a freshman at Notre Dame in 2012-13.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
Joining Cullen Neal on the sideline is Arthur Edwards, who is expected to miss 4-6 weeks thanks to a dislocated finger.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:51 PM EST
The importance of this win for Butler cannot be overstated.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)