Apr 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read story of the day comes from Glen Logan of A Sea of Blue. It’s about education and sports. Make sure you read the whole thing and all the links. You can thank me later
- Former-Arizona guard Josiah Turner was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving under the influence. Somebody needs to give this kid a wake-up call. He was suspended no less than two times during his freshman season at Arizona, didn’t play the last month of the season, and was essentially not asked back. The sad thing is, somebody will take a chance on this kid. I just hope that person is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that this kid cleans his act up
- Speaking of Arizona, incoming freshman Gabe York survived a serious car wreck last month. The Arizona Daily Star has the details
- Mike Huguenin put together a complete list of the coaching carousel
- Tony Barbee dismissed two players from the Auburn program over the weekend
- The judge is still trying to determine whether or not to dismiss the defamation suit against Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim
- Maryland guard Pe’Shon Howard, who was sidelined much of his sophomore season with injuries, was charged with disorderly conduct in College Park over the weekend
- Speaking of Maryland, it gets worse. According to InsideMDsports.com, sophomore scoring machine Terrell Stoglin has changed his mid and has decided to enter the NBA Draft
- John Calipari called out NCAA President Mark Emmert on his “one and done” stance
- Duke-transfer Mike Gbinjie has decided to attend Syracuse. Really? Like he’s actually going to get more playing time there?
- Arizona State-transfer Kyle Cain has decided to enroll at UNC-Greensboro
- Wisconsin has given head coach Bo Ryan a contract extension through the 2017 season
- Tennessee-transfer Renaldo “Swiperboy” Woolridge, has decided to attend Southern California
- Terrence Jones continues to crush the public relations industry. Unfortunately, he’s not very good at baseball
- The WAC as we know it is coming to an end. San Jose State and Utah State are headed to the Mountain West Conference. Oh, Louisiana tech and UT-San Antonia are headed to C-USA. This is me waving goodbye to the WAC……
- Speaking of Utah State, it looks like the Aggies are getting some new threads
- You all probably forgot about the point-shaving allegations that were made against San Diego. Well, the main player involved, Brandon Johnson, stated that he never actually threw a game
- Another great Kentucky championship video
Aug 21, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Aaron McKie ranks sixth on Temple’s all-time scoring list, and he played 13 seasons in the NBA.
Aug 21, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
UConn’s league schedule is only getting weaker. They need to beef up in the non-conference.
Aug 21, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
A quick explanation of why John Calipari can be a great coach without being a great x’s-and-o’s coach.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Do you agree with that ranking?
Aug 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
But would hiring Cremins be a way to get Anthony Johnson the job?
Aug 21, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
It is absolutely hilarious.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
Five points down, 2.8 seconds left, and victorious?
Aug 21, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Rozier will be the most important player for Louisville this season.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Redshirting helped Eli Carter as he looks to recover from a broken leg suffered in 2013, but he still isn’t at the level he was prior to the injury.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
According to reports Dominic Woodson will be enrolling at Tennessee in time for the start of classes Thursday.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Four-star shooting guard Terance Mann picked Florida State over Arizona State, Boston College, Indiana, Marquette and Rhode Island.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Curtis Malone is serving a 100-month sentence after pleading guilty to being a part of a drug ring that brought in $80,000 in profits per month.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
A report stated that a blood clot in Chai Baker’s leg may have resulted in his collapsing during a workout on Tuesday.
Aug 20, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Deville Smith averaged 9.7 points and 2.7 assists in 32 games last season, making 18 starts.
Aug 20, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Kennard is the No. 19 recruit in the Rivals top 150.
Aug 20, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Bryn Forbes averaged 15.6 points per game last season, shooting 43.4% from the field and 42.4% from three-point range.
Aug 20, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
How can Nebraska build on their surprising, successful 2013-2014 season?
Aug 20, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Kentucky made the decision not to allow one of their stars to head to Spain for two weeks while they’re supposed to be in class.
Aug 20, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Think Jayhawk fans remember the name Ali Farokhmanesh?
Aug 20, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
This took a while to plan.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 0
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)