Apr 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read story of the day comes from Glen Logan of A Sea of Blue. It’s about education and sports. Make sure you read the whole thing and all the links. You can thank me later
- Former-Arizona guard Josiah Turner was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving under the influence. Somebody needs to give this kid a wake-up call. He was suspended no less than two times during his freshman season at Arizona, didn’t play the last month of the season, and was essentially not asked back. The sad thing is, somebody will take a chance on this kid. I just hope that person is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that this kid cleans his act up
- Speaking of Arizona, incoming freshman Gabe York survived a serious car wreck last month. The Arizona Daily Star has the details
- Mike Huguenin put together a complete list of the coaching carousel
- Tony Barbee dismissed two players from the Auburn program over the weekend
- The judge is still trying to determine whether or not to dismiss the defamation suit against Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim
- Maryland guard Pe’Shon Howard, who was sidelined much of his sophomore season with injuries, was charged with disorderly conduct in College Park over the weekend
- Speaking of Maryland, it gets worse. According to InsideMDsports.com, sophomore scoring machine Terrell Stoglin has changed his mid and has decided to enter the NBA Draft
- John Calipari called out NCAA President Mark Emmert on his “one and done” stance
- Duke-transfer Mike Gbinjie has decided to attend Syracuse. Really? Like he’s actually going to get more playing time there?
- Arizona State-transfer Kyle Cain has decided to enroll at UNC-Greensboro
- Wisconsin has given head coach Bo Ryan a contract extension through the 2017 season
- Tennessee-transfer Renaldo “Swiperboy” Woolridge, has decided to attend Southern California
- Terrence Jones continues to crush the public relations industry. Unfortunately, he’s not very good at baseball
- The WAC as we know it is coming to an end. San Jose State and Utah State are headed to the Mountain West Conference. Oh, Louisiana tech and UT-San Antonia are headed to C-USA. This is me waving goodbye to the WAC……
- Speaking of Utah State, it looks like the Aggies are getting some new threads
- You all probably forgot about the point-shaving allegations that were made against San Diego. Well, the main player involved, Brandon Johnson, stated that he never actually threw a game
- Another great Kentucky championship video
Oct 24, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Wisconsin forward is likely to miss a week or two
Oct 24, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Ed Cooley adds a 6-foot-8 forward to the Friars’ front court.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
The former Virginia Tech Hokie will be a big boost to SMU’s perimeter.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Manhattan and head coach Steve Masiello had some issues to address this spring, but thanks in part to their departed senior class the Jaspers are well-positioned to once again contend in the MAAC.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
One of the nation’s highly-touted bigs is closer to making a decision after eliminating two programs from his list.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Jones became the second coach to lead LSU to postseason appearances in his first two years this past spring.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Kellogg’s led his alma mater to 21 wins or more in each of the last three seasons.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Georgetown holds a 35-29 lead in their all-time series with UConn.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Villanova went 29-5 last season and return essentially the same lineup. Why aren’t more people talking about them?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Texas now has two four-star commitments, with Kerwin Roach joining Eric Davis on Friday.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Of Baylor’s five verbal commitments in the Class of 2015 four are guards, including their latest commit.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s on top, but who’s next in line?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Syracuse’s men’s basketball and football programs are under investigation, with the stakes being higher for Jim Boeheim’s program.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Joshua Smith averaged 11.5 points per game before being ruled academically ineligible last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 PM EDT
Cam Payne became the star of Murray State as a freshman, but he wouldn’t have gotten there if he had a back up. Why?
Oct 23, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The preseason favorites to win the Atlantic 10 added a new teammate Thursday.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Shawn Lester averaged 11.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in the sixth man role last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hallice Cooke will have one hip operated on Monday, with the second surgery coming four weeks later.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Christian James joins Rashard Odomes and Akolda Manyang in Oklahoma’s 2015 haul.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)