Apr 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– Your must-read story of the day comes from Glen Logan of A Sea of Blue. It’s about education and sports. Make sure you read the whole thing and all the links. You can thank me later
– Former-Arizona guard Josiah Turner was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving under the influence. Somebody needs to give this kid a wake-up call. He was suspended no less than two times during his freshman season at Arizona, didn’t play the last month of the season, and was essentially not asked back. The sad thing is, somebody will take a chance on this kid. I just hope that person is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that this kid cleans his act up
– Speaking of Arizona, incoming freshman Gabe York survived a serious car wreck last month. The Arizona Daily Star has the details
– Mike Huguenin put together a complete list of the coaching carousel
– Tony Barbee dismissed two players from the Auburn program over the weekend
– The judge is still trying to determine whether or not to dismiss the defamation suit against Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim
– Maryland guard Pe’Shon Howard, who was sidelined much of his sophomore season with injuries, was charged with disorderly conduct in College Park over the weekend
– Speaking of Maryland, it gets worse. According to InsideMDsports.com, sophomore scoring machine Terrell Stoglin has changed his mid and has decided to enter the NBA Draft
– John Calipari called out NCAA President Mark Emmert on his “one and done” stance
– Duke-transfer Mike Gbinjie has decided to attend Syracuse. Really? Like he’s actually going to get more playing time there?
– Arizona State-transfer Kyle Cain has decided to enroll at UNC-Greensboro
– Wisconsin has given head coach Bo Ryan a contract extension through the 2017 season
– Tennessee-transfer Renaldo “Swiperboy” Woolridge, has decided to attend Southern California
– Terrence Jones continues to crush the public relations industry. Unfortunately, he’s not very good at baseball
– The WAC as we know it is coming to an end. San Jose State and Utah State are headed to the Mountain West Conference. Oh, Louisiana tech and UT-San Antonia are headed to C-USA. This is me waving goodbye to the WAC……
– Speaking of Utah State, it looks like the Aggies are getting some new threads
– You all probably forgot about the point-shaving allegations that were made against San Diego. Well, the main player involved, Brandon Johnson, stated that he never actually threw a game
– Another great Kentucky championship video
May 23, 2015, 9:51 PM EDT
A Big 12 and a Big Ten program are among those due who have reached out to the 7-foot-2 Fairfield Prep (Connecticut) product.
May 23, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Colorado’s Tad Boyle doesn’t like the proposed shot clock change, and he made a good point about the physical nature of college basketball today.
May 23, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Les led the Aggies to a school-record (Division I era) 25 wins and their first Big West regular season title last season.
May 23, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Noah Dickerson had previously committed to Georgetown and Florida.
May 23, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The former Wolverine could remain in the Big Ten.
May 23, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Wisconsin big man averaged 16.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in his last two seasons.
May 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The sophomore guard missed the final 12 games of the season.
May 23, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
He is the younger brother of former UCLA Bruin Shabazz Muhammad.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Nevada landed an impact transfer that could help at guard after next season.
May 22, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona will have some intriguing home-and-home games to go along with an in-season tournament.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander might have returned for his sophomore season if the NCAA had not been involved.
May 22, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Kentucky promoted a familiar face for the open assistant spot.
May 22, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Nebraska loses a commitment who could be headed elsewhere soon.
May 22, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Fox has led the Bulldogs to two NCAA tournament appearances in his six years as head coach, including last season’s 21-win team.
May 22, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
The Rutgers perimeter rotation may be crowded, but there’s plenty of room for contributions as the team won just ten games last season.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
UNC now has 90 days to craft a response to the NCAA’s allegations.
May 22, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
This isn’t the only addition UConn hopes to make to the 2016 class in the very near future.
May 22, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The Wildcats will also take on Arizona State, UCLA and Ohio State in non-conference play.
May 22, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Mohamed and Bakersfield big man Aly Ahmed argued in 2013 that bad advice led to them being ruled ineligible that season at Houston and Bakersfield, respectively.
May 21, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The slender forward joins Sacha Killeya-Jones, Ty Jerome and Kyle Guy in Virginia’s 2016 haul.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)