Apr 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read story of the day comes from Glen Logan of A Sea of Blue. It’s about education and sports. Make sure you read the whole thing and all the links. You can thank me later
- Former-Arizona guard Josiah Turner was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving under the influence. Somebody needs to give this kid a wake-up call. He was suspended no less than two times during his freshman season at Arizona, didn’t play the last month of the season, and was essentially not asked back. The sad thing is, somebody will take a chance on this kid. I just hope that person is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that this kid cleans his act up
- Speaking of Arizona, incoming freshman Gabe York survived a serious car wreck last month. The Arizona Daily Star has the details
- Mike Huguenin put together a complete list of the coaching carousel
- Tony Barbee dismissed two players from the Auburn program over the weekend
- The judge is still trying to determine whether or not to dismiss the defamation suit against Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim
- Maryland guard Pe’Shon Howard, who was sidelined much of his sophomore season with injuries, was charged with disorderly conduct in College Park over the weekend
- Speaking of Maryland, it gets worse. According to InsideMDsports.com, sophomore scoring machine Terrell Stoglin has changed his mid and has decided to enter the NBA Draft
- John Calipari called out NCAA President Mark Emmert on his “one and done” stance
- Duke-transfer Mike Gbinjie has decided to attend Syracuse. Really? Like he’s actually going to get more playing time there?
- Arizona State-transfer Kyle Cain has decided to enroll at UNC-Greensboro
- Wisconsin has given head coach Bo Ryan a contract extension through the 2017 season
- Tennessee-transfer Renaldo “Swiperboy” Woolridge, has decided to attend Southern California
- Terrence Jones continues to crush the public relations industry. Unfortunately, he’s not very good at baseball
- The WAC as we know it is coming to an end. San Jose State and Utah State are headed to the Mountain West Conference. Oh, Louisiana tech and UT-San Antonia are headed to C-USA. This is me waving goodbye to the WAC……
- Speaking of Utah State, it looks like the Aggies are getting some new threads
- You all probably forgot about the point-shaving allegations that were made against San Diego. Well, the main player involved, Brandon Johnson, stated that he never actually threw a game
- Another great Kentucky championship video
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Caris LeVert reiterated his decision to return to Michigan for his junior year at the team’s postseason banquet Wednesday.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
According to a report, New Mexico State center Sim Bhullar will forego his final two seasons of eligibility to turn pro.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
After leading USC in scoring last season, Byron Wesley announced that he’ll be transferring after graduating this summer.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Arizona State’s Jahii Carson made official the news that’s been known since October: he’ll be entering the 2014 NBA Draft.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Former Northwestern guard/forward Kale Abrahamson will finish out his career in his home state.
Apr 16, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
UCLA’s Kyle Anderson and Zach LaVine made official their decisions to enter the 2014 NBA Draft.
Apr 16, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
After considering leaving school to enter the NBA Draft, Purdue’s A.J. Hammons will return for his junior season.
Apr 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Three years after shortening the time players have to make a decision regarding the NBA, it’s time for the NCAA to re-adopt the NBA’s pre-draft calendar.
Apr 16, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
The Arizona State transfer is headed to Rice.
Apr 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The Dukes have landed the for Massachusetts Player of the Year.
Apr 16, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
There may not be a recruit with a more interesting back story that Devonta Pollard.
Apr 16, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Do you like them?
Apr 16, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Getting Kansas State to the NCAA tournament earned Bruce Weber an extension.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Jim Christian wins his first recruiting battle as the head coach at BC.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
What Early Entry decisions will have the biggest impact on the 2014-2015 college basketball season?
Apr 16, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The next big thing to come from Canada isn’t going to be all that big.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
The Mustangs and Bulldogs are looking to meet in a home-and-home series.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Watch the 7-foot-6 center play baseball.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)