May 1, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
Ed Cooley continued his impressive recruiting run at Providence on Tuesday afternoon.
With top 20 recruits Ricardo Ledo and Kris Dunn ready to enroll in the fall and Arizona transfer Sidiki Johnson already primed to join the Friars next season, Cooley has now brought in Wake Forest transfer Carson Desrosiers.
Desrosiers is a 6-foot-11 center with a nice touch from the perimeter. He started 38 games in two seasons with the Demon Deacons, averaging 4.4 points and 3.7 boards. Desrosiers will have to sit out the 2012-2013 season, but he will have two years left once he gets eligible.
Perhaps more important for Providence is that Cooley has landed another local star. Dunn is a native of New London, CT, while Ledo is from Providence. Desrosiers is from Windham, NH. Given that Cooley is, himself, a local product — he’s a native of Providence — it gives some hope to Friar fans.
With the number of high-powered prep programs in the Northeast — and with the region pumping out some talent in the next couple of recruiting classes — maybe the Friars are closer than we think to being relevant?
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights