May 1, 2012, 8:44 PM EST
According to Andy Katz of ESPN.com, Butler’s move to the Atlantic 10 will become official on Wednesday.
The Bulldogs have spent the past decade as the face of the Horizon League, reaching back-to-back national title games in 2010 and 2011. With a roster stocked with young talent and one of the brightest young coaches in the game, the Bulldogs will be taking another step in the directions of permanent national prominence in hoops.
The Bulldogs will be joining the Atlantic 10 in every sport beginning in 2013-2014. They’ll be taking the place of Temple, who will be leaving the conference to join the Big East.
Butler may not be the only addition to the league, either. George Mason and VCU are both looking at leaving the CAA to become the 15th and 16th members of the A-10.
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Report: Former North Carolina guard Will Graves arrested on drug charges at home owned by head coach Roy Williams (7)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (3)