May 1, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– Fran Fraschilla fills us in on the guys who will be forced to replace NBA prospects (Insiders Only)
– So maybe Larry Brown does know what he’s doing. Jeff Goodman is reporting that SMU is close to landing troubled-Arizona transfer Josiah Turner as well as former-Illini guard Crandall Head. Both players would be major “gets” for the Mustangs. Goodman makes a great point: Brown has dealt with head cases before. He’s coached both Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace, both of whom are all-world caliber head cases
– Western Kentucky transfer Vinny Zollo still doesn’t know his future become of silly APR-related shenanigans
– The Maryland Terrapins were supposed to be a team to watch out for in 2012-2013, but the past 48 hours have not been kind to the Terps. Pe’Shon Howard got arrested for disorderly conduct, and Terrell Stoglin and Mychal Parker were suspended for a full season. Instead of sitting out the year, Parker will opt to transfer and Stoglin will enter the NBA draft. Howard will return, but is currently rehabbing an injury and his status for next season is up in the air. The quality of the Terps program is certainly up in the air as well
– Seriously, when was the last time NC-State was the favorite to win the ACC? It has to be at least 25 years since that’s happened
– Yes Tar Heels fan, you are correct, there are a lot of bizarre things going on in the ACC right now
– Rob Jones, a rising senior at St. Mary’s is one of the most ferocious-looking players in the country. He is so terrifying that the Minnesota Vikings actually extended a training camp invite to the power forward
– Duke assistant coach Chris Collins will not be the next head coach at Illinois State despite heavy speculation
– According to a report from the Lexington Herald-Ledger, Louisville has the most intrinsic value of any college basketball team in the county. Unfortunately for their Cardinals, intrinsic value won’t help cu down the nets
– The WAC is on its last legs. UT-San Antonio and Texas State have decided not to join and Utah State is headed to the Mountain West. The Aggies have had a very solid hoops program for the past decade or so, and a move to the MWC should help boost it’s profile
– After a month of weighing his options, North Texas sophomore Tony Mitchell has decided to return to school. The Green Terror could be a sexy mid-major pick to crack the top-25 at the beginning of next season
– The Big East is going to see it’s fair share of turnover. The conference has nine players leaving for the NBA, 21 graduating seniors and even more transfers
– Purdue’s Robbie Hummel received the Big Ten Conference’s Medal of Honor. Robbie’s dad Glenn won the same award back in 1976. It’s damn near impossible to not absolutely love this kid. His presence in college hoops will be sorely missed
– Oh, I should have mentioned, UTSA and Texas State are joining the Sun Belt. Don’t look now, but the Sun Belt is going to be pretty good the next couple of years. Denver gets better every season, Middle Tennessee just gave Kermit Davis an extension, North Texas returns a potential lottery pick, and Arkansas-Little Rock is always a tough out. Look for the Sun Belt to make the leap from “low-major” to “mid-major”
– According to a e report, former-Kentucky player Richie Farmer abused state power by using state-regulated workers for his own personal services
– Morehead State head coach Donnie Tyndall will be named the next head coach at Southern Miss, replacing Larry Eustachy, who left in order to take the Colorado State job
– With Butler about to make its move to the Atlantic-10, Cleveland State might be given an interesting opportunity
– After what took place this past season, you would think it’s a lead-pipe-lock that Indiana and Kentucky continue their non-conference rivalry. But the future of the game seems to be up in the air. How much is a IU/UK game really worth?
– Former-Virginia Tech assistant coach James Johnson will be named the new head coach of the Hokies. Johnson initially left VaTech early in the off-season to take a job at Clemson, but will return to Blacksburg to man the sidelines next season. But how long will it take before Johnson has this program up and running again?
– Binghamton has fired head coach Mark Macon after just two seasons at the helm, including a 2-29 finish this year. Who are the candidates for the job? Oh nobody really, just a certain former high-major coach with a propensity for fine women’s accessories and a limited amount of self-control
– UConn assistant coach Glen Miller is among the favorites for the head coaching position at Brown
Jul 29, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Suhr was on staff with the ‘Bad Boys’.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Elijah Bryant will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
The Arkansas forward was charged with one count of forgery last week.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The three-star forward failed to qualify earlier this month.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Bobby Hurley off to a good start in his new gig in Tempe.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Tai Wynyard of New Zealand is the only commit currently in Kentucky’s Class of 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
John Beilein gets his third commitment for 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
If you can do things like this, you can play for Duke or Kentucky.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
The accusations against him include burner phones, hiding IP addresses and his mother’s cell.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Don’t jump, kid!!!!!!
Jul 28, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Abrams was projected as the starting point guard for Illinois.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
The Bulldogs aren’t guaranteed to play a top 25 team until SEC play.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He is talented, just don’t call him the next Kevin Durant.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Will Wade will have a beautiful facility to recruit to.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
First career 3-pointer for Jones?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:12 PM EDT
Potentially four top-25 teams will be in the 2015 field.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT
Scott averaged 15.7 points per game for Grambling during the 2013-14 season.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
The former Big Ten Player of the Year (inaccurately) trolls Ohio State fans
Jul 27, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
It’s pretty obvious why people like Porter.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
Gabriel was the biggest stock riser for the month.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)