May 1, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– Fran Fraschilla fills us in on the guys who will be forced to replace NBA prospects (Insiders Only)
– So maybe Larry Brown does know what he’s doing. Jeff Goodman is reporting that SMU is close to landing troubled-Arizona transfer Josiah Turner as well as former-Illini guard Crandall Head. Both players would be major “gets” for the Mustangs. Goodman makes a great point: Brown has dealt with head cases before. He’s coached both Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace, both of whom are all-world caliber head cases
– Western Kentucky transfer Vinny Zollo still doesn’t know his future become of silly APR-related shenanigans
– The Maryland Terrapins were supposed to be a team to watch out for in 2012-2013, but the past 48 hours have not been kind to the Terps. Pe’Shon Howard got arrested for disorderly conduct, and Terrell Stoglin and Mychal Parker were suspended for a full season. Instead of sitting out the year, Parker will opt to transfer and Stoglin will enter the NBA draft. Howard will return, but is currently rehabbing an injury and his status for next season is up in the air. The quality of the Terps program is certainly up in the air as well
– Seriously, when was the last time NC-State was the favorite to win the ACC? It has to be at least 25 years since that’s happened
– Yes Tar Heels fan, you are correct, there are a lot of bizarre things going on in the ACC right now
– Rob Jones, a rising senior at St. Mary’s is one of the most ferocious-looking players in the country. He is so terrifying that the Minnesota Vikings actually extended a training camp invite to the power forward
– Duke assistant coach Chris Collins will not be the next head coach at Illinois State despite heavy speculation
– According to a report from the Lexington Herald-Ledger, Louisville has the most intrinsic value of any college basketball team in the county. Unfortunately for their Cardinals, intrinsic value won’t help cu down the nets
– The WAC is on its last legs. UT-San Antonio and Texas State have decided not to join and Utah State is headed to the Mountain West. The Aggies have had a very solid hoops program for the past decade or so, and a move to the MWC should help boost it’s profile
– After a month of weighing his options, North Texas sophomore Tony Mitchell has decided to return to school. The Green Terror could be a sexy mid-major pick to crack the top-25 at the beginning of next season
– The Big East is going to see it’s fair share of turnover. The conference has nine players leaving for the NBA, 21 graduating seniors and even more transfers
– Purdue’s Robbie Hummel received the Big Ten Conference’s Medal of Honor. Robbie’s dad Glenn won the same award back in 1976. It’s damn near impossible to not absolutely love this kid. His presence in college hoops will be sorely missed
– Oh, I should have mentioned, UTSA and Texas State are joining the Sun Belt. Don’t look now, but the Sun Belt is going to be pretty good the next couple of years. Denver gets better every season, Middle Tennessee just gave Kermit Davis an extension, North Texas returns a potential lottery pick, and Arkansas-Little Rock is always a tough out. Look for the Sun Belt to make the leap from “low-major” to “mid-major”
– According to a e report, former-Kentucky player Richie Farmer abused state power by using state-regulated workers for his own personal services
– Morehead State head coach Donnie Tyndall will be named the next head coach at Southern Miss, replacing Larry Eustachy, who left in order to take the Colorado State job
– With Butler about to make its move to the Atlantic-10, Cleveland State might be given an interesting opportunity
– After what took place this past season, you would think it’s a lead-pipe-lock that Indiana and Kentucky continue their non-conference rivalry. But the future of the game seems to be up in the air. How much is a IU/UK game really worth?
– Former-Virginia Tech assistant coach James Johnson will be named the new head coach of the Hokies. Johnson initially left VaTech early in the off-season to take a job at Clemson, but will return to Blacksburg to man the sidelines next season. But how long will it take before Johnson has this program up and running again?
– Binghamton has fired head coach Mark Macon after just two seasons at the helm, including a 2-29 finish this year. Who are the candidates for the job? Oh nobody really, just a certain former high-major coach with a propensity for fine women’s accessories and a limited amount of self-control
– UConn assistant coach Glen Miller is among the favorites for the head coaching position at Brown
May 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
After being dismissed from Oregon, Dominic Artis spent a year at Diablo Valley CC in California but did not play basketball.
May 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Nwamu averaged 15.1 points per game and shot 37.4 percent from three at Mercer last season.
May 2, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
Dakota Slaughter didn’t see much playing time at Alabama, but that could change at UTPA.
May 2, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
A high-level perimeter shooter, Williams can help a team that was lacking in that area in 2014-15.
May 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
ECU scholarship athletes in football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball will receive an extra $4,025 in scholarship money beginning August 1.
May 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Florida has four Class of 2015 recruits signed for next season.
May 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
De’Aaron Fox is one of the elite players in the Class of 2016 and he’s spending the spring focusing on defense and being a leader.
May 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown’s commitment shook up the college basketball world on Friday night.
May 2, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Arizona State is losing a sophomore guard to transfer
May 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Ahmad Walker is returning to Stony Brook after a season in the junior college ranks.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Baylor commit Mark Vital gets it done when it comes to dunks.
May 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
The return of Buddy Hield pushes previously unranked Oklahoma into our way too early rankings.
May 1, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown ended his long and complicated recruitment and committed on Friday night.
May 1, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
Former Miami (OH) point guard Quinten Rollins transitioned to football after his college basketball career finished and now he’s been drafted to the NFL.
May 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Indiana freshman center Jeremiah April will transfer.
May 1, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Sterling Gibbs is on his way to UConn.
May 1, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
Top 150 wing Troy Baxter has decided on his future.
May 1, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Harvard landed a commitment from its point guard of the future.
May 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
The son of 1986 Final Four MOP Pervis Ellison is the sixth addition to the St. John’s roster this spring.
May 1, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Leones Basketball Club of Santo Domingo landed Towns with the sixth pick.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 10
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (10)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)