May 2, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
First it was Nerlens Noel, then it was Tony Parker. We’ll still waiting on the decision of Anthony Bennett, but the least known player of all the above has made his commitment.
Przemek Karnowski of Poland tweeted this afternoon that he will be playing for Mark Few at Gonzaga.
According to SBNation, Karnowski was drawing interest from California, Marquette, Kansas, and Duke before committing to the Bulldogs.
The Twitterverse has been abuzz since he tweeted his decision, with praise coming from scouts and writers alike.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress says Karnowski is “more skilled, polished & ready to contribute” than Pittsburgh-bound center and New Zealander Steven Adams, who has garnered a significant amount of praise himself.
Gonzaga was helped to the commitment by a relationship between Karnowski and guard Kevin Pangos, as the two played together in the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit.
Karnowski will give more aid to an already strong rebounding attack for the Bulldogs in 2011-12. The team’s second leading rebounder, seven-foot senior Robert Sacre will be departing, creating an opening for Karowski.
He will be the first signee for the Gonzaga from the Class of 2012. The Bulldogs finished 26-7 in 2011-12, before losing to Ohio State in the Round of 32.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)