May 2, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
First it was Nerlens Noel, then it was Tony Parker. We’ll still waiting on the decision of Anthony Bennett, but the least known player of all the above has made his commitment.
Przemek Karnowski of Poland tweeted this afternoon that he will be playing for Mark Few at Gonzaga.
According to SBNation, Karnowski was drawing interest from California, Marquette, Kansas, and Duke before committing to the Bulldogs.
The Twitterverse has been abuzz since he tweeted his decision, with praise coming from scouts and writers alike.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress says Karnowski is “more skilled, polished & ready to contribute” than Pittsburgh-bound center and New Zealander Steven Adams, who has garnered a significant amount of praise himself.
Gonzaga was helped to the commitment by a relationship between Karnowski and guard Kevin Pangos, as the two played together in the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit.
Karnowski will give more aid to an already strong rebounding attack for the Bulldogs in 2011-12. The team’s second leading rebounder, seven-foot senior Robert Sacre will be departing, creating an opening for Karowski.
He will be the first signee for the Gonzaga from the Class of 2012. The Bulldogs finished 26-7 in 2011-12, before losing to Ohio State in the Round of 32.
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)