May 2, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
First it was Nerlens Noel, then it was Tony Parker. We’ll still waiting on the decision of Anthony Bennett, but the least known player of all the above has made his commitment.
Przemek Karnowski of Poland tweeted this afternoon that he will be playing for Mark Few at Gonzaga.
According to SBNation, Karnowski was drawing interest from California, Marquette, Kansas, and Duke before committing to the Bulldogs.
The Twitterverse has been abuzz since he tweeted his decision, with praise coming from scouts and writers alike.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress says Karnowski is “more skilled, polished & ready to contribute” than Pittsburgh-bound center and New Zealander Steven Adams, who has garnered a significant amount of praise himself.
Gonzaga was helped to the commitment by a relationship between Karnowski and guard Kevin Pangos, as the two played together in the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit.
Karnowski will give more aid to an already strong rebounding attack for the Bulldogs in 2011-12. The team’s second leading rebounder, seven-foot senior Robert Sacre will be departing, creating an opening for Karowski.
He will be the first signee for the Gonzaga from the Class of 2012. The Bulldogs finished 26-7 in 2011-12, before losing to Ohio State in the Round of 32.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)