May 2, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
First it was Nerlens Noel, then it was Tony Parker. We’ll still waiting on the decision of Anthony Bennett, but the least known player of all the above has made his commitment.
Przemek Karnowski of Poland tweeted this afternoon that he will be playing for Mark Few at Gonzaga.
According to SBNation, Karnowski was drawing interest from California, Marquette, Kansas, and Duke before committing to the Bulldogs.
The Twitterverse has been abuzz since he tweeted his decision, with praise coming from scouts and writers alike.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress says Karnowski is “more skilled, polished & ready to contribute” than Pittsburgh-bound center and New Zealander Steven Adams, who has garnered a significant amount of praise himself.
Gonzaga was helped to the commitment by a relationship between Karnowski and guard Kevin Pangos, as the two played together in the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit.
Karnowski will give more aid to an already strong rebounding attack for the Bulldogs in 2011-12. The team’s second leading rebounder, seven-foot senior Robert Sacre will be departing, creating an opening for Karowski.
He will be the first signee for the Gonzaga from the Class of 2012. The Bulldogs finished 26-7 in 2011-12, before losing to Ohio State in the Round of 32.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)