May 2, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
First it was Nerlens Noel, then it was Tony Parker. We’ll still waiting on the decision of Anthony Bennett, but the least known player of all the above has made his commitment.
Przemek Karnowski of Poland tweeted this afternoon that he will be playing for Mark Few at Gonzaga.
According to SBNation, Karnowski was drawing interest from California, Marquette, Kansas, and Duke before committing to the Bulldogs.
The Twitterverse has been abuzz since he tweeted his decision, with praise coming from scouts and writers alike.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress says Karnowski is “more skilled, polished & ready to contribute” than Pittsburgh-bound center and New Zealander Steven Adams, who has garnered a significant amount of praise himself.
Gonzaga was helped to the commitment by a relationship between Karnowski and guard Kevin Pangos, as the two played together in the 2011 Nike Hoop Summit.
Karnowski will give more aid to an already strong rebounding attack for the Bulldogs in 2011-12. The team’s second leading rebounder, seven-foot senior Robert Sacre will be departing, creating an opening for Karowski.
He will be the first signee for the Gonzaga from the Class of 2012. The Bulldogs finished 26-7 in 2011-12, before losing to Ohio State in the Round of 32.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)