May 2, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
A good friend of mine is a Kentucky fan, and regardless of what our conversations start with, the topic always somehow turns to college hoops.
And without fail, prior to April 2nd of this year, that friend always somehow managed to mention “Kentucky” and “No. 8″ in the same sentence.
Kentucky fans like my friend got their wish, winning their eighth national title in 2012 and moving one step closer to catching UCLA and the Bruin’s record 11 national titles. On Tuesday, Kentucky finally hung that eighth national title banner:
The question being asked on CoachCal.com: Where will banner No. 9 get hung?
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 8
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles