May 2, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
A good friend of mine is a Kentucky fan, and regardless of what our conversations start with, the topic always somehow turns to college hoops.
And without fail, prior to April 2nd of this year, that friend always somehow managed to mention “Kentucky” and “No. 8″ in the same sentence.
Kentucky fans like my friend got their wish, winning their eighth national title in 2012 and moving one step closer to catching UCLA and the Bruin’s record 11 national titles. On Tuesday, Kentucky finally hung that eighth national title banner:
The question being asked on CoachCal.com: Where will banner No. 9 get hung?
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 3
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)