May 3, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I’d like to apologize for the lack of depth in today’s Morning Mix. I stayed up roughly three overtime periods too many.
- Doesn’t it seem like ACC teams are always replacing coaches? John Gasaway explains why
- With Butler leaving for the Atlantic-10, Oakland might be the best replacement the Horizon League could find
- Luke Winn on Butler’s move to the A-10: If they continue to be Butler, they will be fine
- Dick Vitale has chimed in on the transfer-blocking debate, and he wants to see some changes
- Stanford athletic director Bobby Bowlsby has been offered the position as Commissioner of the Big-12 Conference
- ESPN analyst Hubert Davis, will leave to broadcast booth in order to return to his Alma Mater to join Roy Williams’ coaching staff
- North Carolina State is going to be very good next year, but they will do so without Tyler Harris, who has decided to transfer. Backing the Pack detailed some of the more bizarre things Harris’ father had to say about the decision
- If the WAC is in fact on its deathbed, a bevy of future foreign recruits will need to find a new landing spot. The WAC has become a haven for a wide variety of foreign basketball players. The 2011-2012 First Team All-WAC alone included players from both Angola and Poland
- I told you all to watch out for the Sun Belt: New Mexico State is being targeted as a potential invitee to the ever-expanding conference
- Old Dominion could make a decision on their conference affiliation as soon as Friday
- Arizona State’s Trent Lockett will graduate this week, but his decision to use his final year of eligibility at ASU is still up in the air
- What if Kentucky Derby horses had Louisville Cardinal-themed names? “Behanimal Kingdom” is my favorite
- I’ve always liked Donnie Tyndall. Watch the new Southern Miss head coach bid farewell to Morehead State
Sep 19, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Stephen Zimmerman is ranked the No. 10 overall recruit by Rivals.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Kentucky fans camped out on Monday in order to officially camp out for tickets on Wednesday morning.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The Rhode Island forward is eligible after missing the 2013-2014 season.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 forward has two years of eligibility remaining.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
He was arrested on Feb. 14.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The Yellow Jackets have added two new assistant to the coaching staff this offseason.
Sep 19, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The Orange holds the first of two exhibition games on Nov. 2.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
The Roselle Catholic (New Jersey) product picked the Gamecocks over Seton Hall and Rhode Island.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Interestingly enough, UAB visits Chattanooga December 22.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
News and notes from around the world of college basketball recruiting.
Sep 19, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Thought the recent debate about USA Basketball and advantages gained by college coaches was getting tiresome?
Sep 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Fortune Magazine has the Krzyzewski and Staley ranked 20th (along with San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich) on the list.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The NCAA is hoping to have two lawsuits dismissed, with the plaintiffs in those suits arguing otherwise. And three U.S. senators voiced their displeasure with the lack of progress being made by the NCAA.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Lorenzo Romar spoke positively of Robert Upshaw’s progress, and with the Huskies’ lack of interior depth the Fresno State transfer will be a key figure this season.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Among the schools still in the running for this Top 100 prospect’s services is LSU.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
FGCU’s Sweet 16 run in 2013 paid off in a big way for the athletic department.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Mizzou Arena’s just ten years old, but the school has found some areas that need renovating.
Sep 18, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Freeberg makes the move from the College of Charleston to The Citadel, with J.D. Powell headed in the opposite direction.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Calipari tweeted that if the coaches gained an advantage from helping revitalize USA Basketball he “doesn’t begrudge them in the least.”
Sep 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
An important member in a 2015 class lacking guards has set a decision date.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)