May 3, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I’d like to apologize for the lack of depth in today’s Morning Mix. I stayed up roughly three overtime periods too many.
- Doesn’t it seem like ACC teams are always replacing coaches? John Gasaway explains why
- With Butler leaving for the Atlantic-10, Oakland might be the best replacement the Horizon League could find
- Luke Winn on Butler’s move to the A-10: If they continue to be Butler, they will be fine
- Dick Vitale has chimed in on the transfer-blocking debate, and he wants to see some changes
- Stanford athletic director Bobby Bowlsby has been offered the position as Commissioner of the Big-12 Conference
- ESPN analyst Hubert Davis, will leave to broadcast booth in order to return to his Alma Mater to join Roy Williams’ coaching staff
- North Carolina State is going to be very good next year, but they will do so without Tyler Harris, who has decided to transfer. Backing the Pack detailed some of the more bizarre things Harris’ father had to say about the decision
- If the WAC is in fact on its deathbed, a bevy of future foreign recruits will need to find a new landing spot. The WAC has become a haven for a wide variety of foreign basketball players. The 2011-2012 First Team All-WAC alone included players from both Angola and Poland
- I told you all to watch out for the Sun Belt: New Mexico State is being targeted as a potential invitee to the ever-expanding conference
- Old Dominion could make a decision on their conference affiliation as soon as Friday
- Arizona State’s Trent Lockett will graduate this week, but his decision to use his final year of eligibility at ASU is still up in the air
- What if Kentucky Derby horses had Louisville Cardinal-themed names? “Behanimal Kingdom” is my favorite
- I’ve always liked Donnie Tyndall. Watch the new Southern Miss head coach bid farewell to Morehead State
Oct 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Virginia is coming off of a dual-ACC title and returns the majority of the key players from that team.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
No surprise that Kentucky’s on top. Also of note: No. 3 Wisconsin received more first-place votes than No. 2 Arizona.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Cincinnati transfer was expected to factor into a rotation that’s replacing five seniors from last season’s team.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Is this team better than Philly?
Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
Quick action by construction workers ensured that it was declared ready for play two days after being flooded.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Some officials are in hot water after compromising a system used by 20 different Division I conferences.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT
Saint Louis adds more depth to its front court with this verbal commitment.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
I can do that.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
John Egbunu was an American Athletic Conference All-Freshman Team selection at USF last season.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Preseason Atlantic 10 Player of the Year is looking to lead VCU deep into March.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Chris Clarke is a perfect fit for Donnie Tyndall.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
The Golden Griffins have to account for the loss of four starters from last season’s 21-win team.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Feel free to take this as my challenge to you all.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
North Carolina should be a national title contender, but they do have some question marks.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Pollard is looking to reignite his career at Houston this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Atlantic 10 is out to gain respect again this season from the rest of the college basketball world, a year after the league saw a record six teams selected for the NCAA tournament with one team reaching the Elite 8.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Kemba being Kemba.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Bobby Cremins says that his relationships with other coaches has led to his having to recuse himself from other cases in the past.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)