May 3, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I’d like to apologize for the lack of depth in today’s Morning Mix. I stayed up roughly three overtime periods too many.
– Doesn’t it seem like ACC teams are always replacing coaches? John Gasaway explains why
– With Butler leaving for the Atlantic-10, Oakland might be the best replacement the Horizon League could find
– Luke Winn on Butler’s move to the A-10: If they continue to be Butler, they will be fine
– Dick Vitale has chimed in on the transfer-blocking debate, and he wants to see some changes
– Stanford athletic director Bobby Bowlsby has been offered the position as Commissioner of the Big-12 Conference
– ESPN analyst Hubert Davis, will leave to broadcast booth in order to return to his Alma Mater to join Roy Williams’ coaching staff
– North Carolina State is going to be very good next year, but they will do so without Tyler Harris, who has decided to transfer. Backing the Pack detailed some of the more bizarre things Harris’ father had to say about the decision
– If the WAC is in fact on its deathbed, a bevy of future foreign recruits will need to find a new landing spot. The WAC has become a haven for a wide variety of foreign basketball players. The 2011-2012 First Team All-WAC alone included players from both Angola and Poland
– I told you all to watch out for the Sun Belt: New Mexico State is being targeted as a potential invitee to the ever-expanding conference
– Old Dominion could make a decision on their conference affiliation as soon as Friday
– Arizona State’s Trent Lockett will graduate this week, but his decision to use his final year of eligibility at ASU is still up in the air
– What if Kentucky Derby horses had Louisville Cardinal-themed names? “Behanimal Kingdom” is my favorite
– I’ve always liked Donnie Tyndall. Watch the new Southern Miss head coach bid farewell to Morehead State
Apr 19, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Nathan Davis, who won 78.3 percent of his games as head coach at Randolph Macon, was an assistant at Bucknell from 2003-08.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Aaron Rountree III was a role player at Wake Forest, but he’s headed to a program that has been successful with transfers under Tim Cluess.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
With their leading rebounder off to the NBA, UCLA is hoping that this 6-foot-11 center can be of service in that area.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
With Cady Lalanne and Maxie Esho out of eligibility, this addition gives UMass some added front court experience.
Apr 19, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
A former Iowa State guard will continue his career in the Valley.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Foster struggled as a sophomore, but a change of scenery could do him some good.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Kansas State badly needed some bodies after an offseason filled with roster turnover. They landed a three-star forward on Sunday.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Louisiana Tech might have found its new starting point guard for next season.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
One of the best players left in the 2015 class is down to eight schools.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Rhode Island is getting E.C. Matthews back for his junior season.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A former top-100 player found a new home in the ACC.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
A former top-150 prospect is heading from the SEC to Georgia State.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
DeAndre Ayton is one of the best prospects in high school basketball.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Wood returning would ensure that this young but talented front line wouldn’t lack for experience.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:56 PM EDT
Missouri is hopeful that these two junior college products can help them rebound from a tough 2014-15.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Josh Speidel hadn’t spoken since the crash February 1. His first word: “Mom.”
Apr 18, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Chris Collins and his staff have done a good job of recruiting local talent, and they reeled in another player Saturday.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Lightfoot was on the receiving end of offers from Arizona State and Utah before committing to UNM, and the new staff at ASU has already reached out to him.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Miller averaged 16.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per game last season, and he’s an important addition for the UConn front court.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
More arrests at Iowa State as two more members of the 2014-15 roster were charged within the last week.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)