May 3, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
I’d like to apologize for the lack of depth in today’s Morning Mix. I stayed up roughly three overtime periods too many.
- Doesn’t it seem like ACC teams are always replacing coaches? John Gasaway explains why
- With Butler leaving for the Atlantic-10, Oakland might be the best replacement the Horizon League could find
- Luke Winn on Butler’s move to the A-10: If they continue to be Butler, they will be fine
- Dick Vitale has chimed in on the transfer-blocking debate, and he wants to see some changes
- Stanford athletic director Bobby Bowlsby has been offered the position as Commissioner of the Big-12 Conference
- ESPN analyst Hubert Davis, will leave to broadcast booth in order to return to his Alma Mater to join Roy Williams’ coaching staff
- North Carolina State is going to be very good next year, but they will do so without Tyler Harris, who has decided to transfer. Backing the Pack detailed some of the more bizarre things Harris’ father had to say about the decision
- If the WAC is in fact on its deathbed, a bevy of future foreign recruits will need to find a new landing spot. The WAC has become a haven for a wide variety of foreign basketball players. The 2011-2012 First Team All-WAC alone included players from both Angola and Poland
- I told you all to watch out for the Sun Belt: New Mexico State is being targeted as a potential invitee to the ever-expanding conference
- Old Dominion could make a decision on their conference affiliation as soon as Friday
- Arizona State’s Trent Lockett will graduate this week, but his decision to use his final year of eligibility at ASU is still up in the air
- What if Kentucky Derby horses had Louisville Cardinal-themed names? “Behanimal Kingdom” is my favorite
- I’ve always liked Donnie Tyndall. Watch the new Southern Miss head coach bid farewell to Morehead State
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
When you talk Duke basketball in 2014-15, you start with Player of the Year candidate Jahlil Okafor, but there are plenty of other keys to Duke’s success as we get closer to the new year.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Patrick Cole has been suspended indefinitely.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Oklahoma-Washington, Ohio State-North Carolina and UCLA-Kentucky are just three of the marquee matchups.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
Even with the win there are things Duke needs to improve upon, most notably the fact that they’ve committed 36 turnovers over the last two games.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Also of note was Ole Miss avoiding what would have been their fourth home loss of the season.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
Jabari McGhee suffered the injury in Tennessee’s loss to NC State on Wednesday.
Dec 18, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Branden Dawson is the team’s leading rebounder, as he’s grabbing 8.7 boards per contest.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Gaston Diedhiou was denied admission to Minnesota during the summer, and he is now eligible immediately after passing an English proficiency exam.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
While the focus has been on the Aztecs’ shooting percentages, their ability to find quality looks has been a big reason why they’ve struggled.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
When do we start counting Duke-UConn as a rivalry?
Dec 18, 2014, 3:33 PM EST
Agau was buried on the Louisville bench with a number of young guys in front of him.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
A deep look into the early-season struggles of Marcus Paige and whether or not they are fixable.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
The last two times these teams have squared off in big games, the outcome has been memorable.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Three-point shooting might be the key to the Virginia season.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
She may not be playing anymore, but Lauren’s time with the basketball program has not yet come to an end.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
David Nwaba scored 11 second-half points to help lead the Mustangs back from a 14-points halftime deficit. Here are two of those points.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Doolin finished the game with 15 points, three assists and no turnovers, and made two huge plays to get UNLV the two-point win over Portland.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:04 AM EST
This is the first win that the American has landed over a ranked team.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
Dawson’s injury occurred on the same night that freshman Javon Bess made his regular season debut for the Spartans.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:33 PM EST
Copes played in just four games this season due to injury.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 0
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)