May 3, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I’d like to apologize for the lack of depth in today’s Morning Mix. I stayed up roughly three overtime periods too many.
- Doesn’t it seem like ACC teams are always replacing coaches? John Gasaway explains why
- With Butler leaving for the Atlantic-10, Oakland might be the best replacement the Horizon League could find
- Luke Winn on Butler’s move to the A-10: If they continue to be Butler, they will be fine
- Dick Vitale has chimed in on the transfer-blocking debate, and he wants to see some changes
- Stanford athletic director Bobby Bowlsby has been offered the position as Commissioner of the Big-12 Conference
- ESPN analyst Hubert Davis, will leave to broadcast booth in order to return to his Alma Mater to join Roy Williams’ coaching staff
- North Carolina State is going to be very good next year, but they will do so without Tyler Harris, who has decided to transfer. Backing the Pack detailed some of the more bizarre things Harris’ father had to say about the decision
- If the WAC is in fact on its deathbed, a bevy of future foreign recruits will need to find a new landing spot. The WAC has become a haven for a wide variety of foreign basketball players. The 2011-2012 First Team All-WAC alone included players from both Angola and Poland
- I told you all to watch out for the Sun Belt: New Mexico State is being targeted as a potential invitee to the ever-expanding conference
- Old Dominion could make a decision on their conference affiliation as soon as Friday
- Arizona State’s Trent Lockett will graduate this week, but his decision to use his final year of eligibility at ASU is still up in the air
- What if Kentucky Derby horses had Louisville Cardinal-themed names? “Behanimal Kingdom” is my favorite
- I’ve always liked Donnie Tyndall. Watch the new Southern Miss head coach bid farewell to Morehead State
Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Frank Haith announced his coaching staff Wednesday, with the trio combining to have more than 90 seasons of coaching experience.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
UConn and Duke will reportedly play each other just before Christmas in New Jersey.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Former St. John’s commit Darrick Wood verbally committed to attend DePaul on Wednesday.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
After playing well in Kentucky’s run to the national title game, Dakari Johnson has decided to return for his sophomore season.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
LSU should have the pieces to be a tournament team in 2014-2015.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
Minnesota landed a commitment from a 6-foot-11 three-star recruit.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Adala Moto was a top 150 recruit in the class of 2012.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Allen will be one of the keys to Arizona’s season. Click to see why.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Randle talks favorite NBA players and the one-and-done rule.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Southern coach is receiving a contract extension.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Loyd is converting from point guard to wide receiver.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Bulls announced the fifth departure this spring.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins is the most searched athlete in two states, according to a recent study.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)