May 4, 2012, 5:58 PM EDT
The top remaining 2012 recruit on the board, McDonald’s All American forward Anthony Bennett, trimmed his list to three schools (subscription required) on Friday according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Bennett eliminated Florida, leaving Kentucky, Oregon and UNLV on his list. According to reports Bennett was taking an unofficial visit to UNLV with his mother on Friday.
Bennett played his high school basketball at Findlay Prep, which is located in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson.
The general consensus a couple weeks ago was that Bennett would ultimately choose between the two SEC schools, but obviously that won’t happen now.
In a story done by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv, CIA Bounce (Bennett’s AAU team) head Mike George stated that the departure of Bradley Beal had an impact on Bennett’s decision.
“The bottom line is when Bradley Beal committed and decided he was going off to the draft, he and AB were pretty tight,” George told SNY.tv.
“The main reason he was considering going there was to play with Bradley. They were pretty close. Bradley took the lead on recruiting him.”
The Brampton, Ontario native still has available official visits to take, but it’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not he actually uses them before making a final decision.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)