May 4, 2012, 5:58 PM EST
The top remaining 2012 recruit on the board, McDonald’s All American forward Anthony Bennett, trimmed his list to three schools (subscription required) on Friday according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Bennett eliminated Florida, leaving Kentucky, Oregon and UNLV on his list. According to reports Bennett was taking an unofficial visit to UNLV with his mother on Friday.
Bennett played his high school basketball at Findlay Prep, which is located in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson.
The general consensus a couple weeks ago was that Bennett would ultimately choose between the two SEC schools, but obviously that won’t happen now.
In a story done by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv, CIA Bounce (Bennett’s AAU team) head Mike George stated that the departure of Bradley Beal had an impact on Bennett’s decision.
“The bottom line is when Bradley Beal committed and decided he was going off to the draft, he and AB were pretty tight,” George told SNY.tv.
“The main reason he was considering going there was to play with Bradley. They were pretty close. Bradley took the lead on recruiting him.”
The Brampton, Ontario native still has available official visits to take, but it’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not he actually uses them before making a final decision.
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)