May 4, 2012, 5:58 PM EST
The top remaining 2012 recruit on the board, McDonald’s All American forward Anthony Bennett, trimmed his list to three schools (subscription required) on Friday according to Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Bennett eliminated Florida, leaving Kentucky, Oregon and UNLV on his list. According to reports Bennett was taking an unofficial visit to UNLV with his mother on Friday.
Bennett played his high school basketball at Findlay Prep, which is located in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson.
The general consensus a couple weeks ago was that Bennett would ultimately choose between the two SEC schools, but obviously that won’t happen now.
In a story done by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv, CIA Bounce (Bennett’s AAU team) head Mike George stated that the departure of Bradley Beal had an impact on Bennett’s decision.
“The bottom line is when Bradley Beal committed and decided he was going off to the draft, he and AB were pretty tight,” George told SNY.tv.
“The main reason he was considering going there was to play with Bradley. They were pretty close. Bradley took the lead on recruiting him.”
The Brampton, Ontario native still has available official visits to take, but it’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not he actually uses them before making a final decision.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)