May 4, 2012, 11:04 AM EST
Syracuse junior forward James Southerland played some of his best basketball in the final month of the season, scoring 15 points in both of Syracuse’s NCAA tournament wins in Pittsburgh (UNC Asheville and Kansas State).
The Brooklyn native made 11 of his 14 shots from the field while also averaging seven rebounds per game for the Orange, who ultimately fell to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
While playing a game in which teammates attempt to correctly answer questions about each other, senior guard Brandon Reese gave away this secret about Southerland: he farts on the court.
Southerland confirmed that this is indeed the case, and while he may not be the only player doing this it’s doubtful that many would be willing to admit doing so.
Southerland will have more on his plate offensively in 2012-13 with Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph and Dion Waiters all moving on.
Syracuse opponents: you have been forewarned.
A tip of the cap to @NunesMagician
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)