May 4, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Syracuse junior forward James Southerland played some of his best basketball in the final month of the season, scoring 15 points in both of Syracuse’s NCAA tournament wins in Pittsburgh (UNC Asheville and Kansas State).
The Brooklyn native made 11 of his 14 shots from the field while also averaging seven rebounds per game for the Orange, who ultimately fell to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
While playing a game in which teammates attempt to correctly answer questions about each other, senior guard Brandon Reese gave away this secret about Southerland: he farts on the court.
Southerland confirmed that this is indeed the case, and while he may not be the only player doing this it’s doubtful that many would be willing to admit doing so.
Southerland will have more on his plate offensively in 2012-13 with Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph and Dion Waiters all moving on.
Syracuse opponents: you have been forewarned.
A tip of the cap to @NunesMagician
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)