May 4, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Syracuse junior forward James Southerland played some of his best basketball in the final month of the season, scoring 15 points in both of Syracuse’s NCAA tournament wins in Pittsburgh (UNC Asheville and Kansas State).
The Brooklyn native made 11 of his 14 shots from the field while also averaging seven rebounds per game for the Orange, who ultimately fell to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
While playing a game in which teammates attempt to correctly answer questions about each other, senior guard Brandon Reese gave away this secret about Southerland: he farts on the court.
Southerland confirmed that this is indeed the case, and while he may not be the only player doing this it’s doubtful that many would be willing to admit doing so.
Southerland will have more on his plate offensively in 2012-13 with Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph and Dion Waiters all moving on.
Syracuse opponents: you have been forewarned.
A tip of the cap to @NunesMagician
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)