May 4, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Syracuse junior forward James Southerland played some of his best basketball in the final month of the season, scoring 15 points in both of Syracuse’s NCAA tournament wins in Pittsburgh (UNC Asheville and Kansas State).
The Brooklyn native made 11 of his 14 shots from the field while also averaging seven rebounds per game for the Orange, who ultimately fell to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
While playing a game in which teammates attempt to correctly answer questions about each other, senior guard Brandon Reese gave away this secret about Southerland: he farts on the court.
Southerland confirmed that this is indeed the case, and while he may not be the only player doing this it’s doubtful that many would be willing to admit doing so.
Southerland will have more on his plate offensively in 2012-13 with Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph and Dion Waiters all moving on.
Syracuse opponents: you have been forewarned.
A tip of the cap to @NunesMagician
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)