May 4, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Syracuse junior forward James Southerland played some of his best basketball in the final month of the season, scoring 15 points in both of Syracuse’s NCAA tournament wins in Pittsburgh (UNC Asheville and Kansas State).
The Brooklyn native made 11 of his 14 shots from the field while also averaging seven rebounds per game for the Orange, who ultimately fell to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
While playing a game in which teammates attempt to correctly answer questions about each other, senior guard Brandon Reese gave away this secret about Southerland: he farts on the court.
Southerland confirmed that this is indeed the case, and while he may not be the only player doing this it’s doubtful that many would be willing to admit doing so.
Southerland will have more on his plate offensively in 2012-13 with Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph and Dion Waiters all moving on.
Syracuse opponents: you have been forewarned.
A tip of the cap to @NunesMagician
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)