May 5, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has signed with CAA Sports Agency, the former Kentucky Wildcat tweeted Saturday afternoon.
CAA represents players that include Ronnie Brewer, Andrea Bargnani, and Richard Hamilton.
Oh, and not to mention Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.
The 6-7, 232-pound Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats in 2011-12, and declared for the NBA draft after this, his freshman season.
He will be joined in the draft by teammates Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Darius Miller.
Draft experts project Kidd-Gilchrist to be a Top 5 pick in the June draft, going some place after the presumed No. 1 pick Davis.
Though perhaps not the most prominent Wildcat this season because of Davis’s record-setting dominance in the paint, there has been widespread opinion that, aside from the Chicago shotblocker, Kidd-Gilchrist was the most NBA-ready player on the Kentucky roster.
He already has an NBA frame and there are plenty of teams at the top of the draft who are looking for a player with his skill set.
If the draft lottery works out in favor of odds and the Charlotte Bobcats get the first overall pick, teams like New Orleans, Cleveland, Washington, and Sacramento would be in a position to draft Kidd-Gilchrist.
As a bit of context, former Kentucky Wildcat and current Los Angeles Clipper guard Eric Bledsoe signed with Leon Rose of CAA out of college.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires