May 5, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has signed with CAA Sports Agency, the former Kentucky Wildcat tweeted Saturday afternoon.
CAA represents players that include Ronnie Brewer, Andrea Bargnani, and Richard Hamilton.
Oh, and not to mention Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.
The 6-7, 232-pound Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats in 2011-12, and declared for the NBA draft after this, his freshman season.
He will be joined in the draft by teammates Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Darius Miller.
Draft experts project Kidd-Gilchrist to be a Top 5 pick in the June draft, going some place after the presumed No. 1 pick Davis.
Though perhaps not the most prominent Wildcat this season because of Davis’s record-setting dominance in the paint, there has been widespread opinion that, aside from the Chicago shotblocker, Kidd-Gilchrist was the most NBA-ready player on the Kentucky roster.
He already has an NBA frame and there are plenty of teams at the top of the draft who are looking for a player with his skill set.
If the draft lottery works out in favor of odds and the Charlotte Bobcats get the first overall pick, teams like New Orleans, Cleveland, Washington, and Sacramento would be in a position to draft Kidd-Gilchrist.
As a bit of context, former Kentucky Wildcat and current Los Angeles Clipper guard Eric Bledsoe signed with Leon Rose of CAA out of college.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)