May 5, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has signed with CAA Sports Agency, the former Kentucky Wildcat tweeted Saturday afternoon.
CAA represents players that include Ronnie Brewer, Andrea Bargnani, and Richard Hamilton.
Oh, and not to mention Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.
The 6-7, 232-pound Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats in 2011-12, and declared for the NBA draft after this, his freshman season.
He will be joined in the draft by teammates Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Darius Miller.
Draft experts project Kidd-Gilchrist to be a Top 5 pick in the June draft, going some place after the presumed No. 1 pick Davis.
Though perhaps not the most prominent Wildcat this season because of Davis’s record-setting dominance in the paint, there has been widespread opinion that, aside from the Chicago shotblocker, Kidd-Gilchrist was the most NBA-ready player on the Kentucky roster.
He already has an NBA frame and there are plenty of teams at the top of the draft who are looking for a player with his skill set.
If the draft lottery works out in favor of odds and the Charlotte Bobcats get the first overall pick, teams like New Orleans, Cleveland, Washington, and Sacramento would be in a position to draft Kidd-Gilchrist.
As a bit of context, former Kentucky Wildcat and current Los Angeles Clipper guard Eric Bledsoe signed with Leon Rose of CAA out of college.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)