May 5, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has signed with CAA Sports Agency, the former Kentucky Wildcat tweeted Saturday afternoon.
CAA represents players that include Ronnie Brewer, Andrea Bargnani, and Richard Hamilton.
Oh, and not to mention Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.
The 6-7, 232-pound Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats in 2011-12, and declared for the NBA draft after this, his freshman season.
He will be joined in the draft by teammates Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Darius Miller.
Draft experts project Kidd-Gilchrist to be a Top 5 pick in the June draft, going some place after the presumed No. 1 pick Davis.
Though perhaps not the most prominent Wildcat this season because of Davis’s record-setting dominance in the paint, there has been widespread opinion that, aside from the Chicago shotblocker, Kidd-Gilchrist was the most NBA-ready player on the Kentucky roster.
He already has an NBA frame and there are plenty of teams at the top of the draft who are looking for a player with his skill set.
If the draft lottery works out in favor of odds and the Charlotte Bobcats get the first overall pick, teams like New Orleans, Cleveland, Washington, and Sacramento would be in a position to draft Kidd-Gilchrist.
As a bit of context, former Kentucky Wildcat and current Los Angeles Clipper guard Eric Bledsoe signed with Leon Rose of CAA out of college.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)