May 5, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has signed with CAA Sports Agency, the former Kentucky Wildcat tweeted Saturday afternoon.
CAA represents players that include Ronnie Brewer, Andrea Bargnani, and Richard Hamilton.
Oh, and not to mention Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony.
The 6-7, 232-pound Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds for the national champion Wildcats in 2011-12, and declared for the NBA draft after this, his freshman season.
He will be joined in the draft by teammates Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Darius Miller.
Draft experts project Kidd-Gilchrist to be a Top 5 pick in the June draft, going some place after the presumed No. 1 pick Davis.
Though perhaps not the most prominent Wildcat this season because of Davis’s record-setting dominance in the paint, there has been widespread opinion that, aside from the Chicago shotblocker, Kidd-Gilchrist was the most NBA-ready player on the Kentucky roster.
He already has an NBA frame and there are plenty of teams at the top of the draft who are looking for a player with his skill set.
If the draft lottery works out in favor of odds and the Charlotte Bobcats get the first overall pick, teams like New Orleans, Cleveland, Washington, and Sacramento would be in a position to draft Kidd-Gilchrist.
As a bit of context, former Kentucky Wildcat and current Los Angeles Clipper guard Eric Bledsoe signed with Leon Rose of CAA out of college.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 0
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 2
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)