May 5, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes has committed to Fordham, reports Zach Braziller of the New York Post.
The 6-9, 210-pound Rhoomes was a two-star prospect when he came out of NIA Prep (N.J.) from the Class of 2011.
During his senior season, he averaged 10 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, and, this time around in his recruitment, was being pursued by schools that included Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Hofstra, and Temple.
Rhoomes, a native of Queens, N.Y., was reportedly looking to stay close to home, in contrast to his original commitment to TCU.
Fordham finished 10-19 this past season, including 3-13 in the A-10. Do-it-all forward Chris Gaston returns for his senior season, after averaging 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds in 2011-12.
Rhoomes joins Jermaine Myers and Mandell Thomas to become the third player in Fordham’s Class of 2012, a group that looks to improve on offensive difficulties this past season.
The Rams were 290th in the nation in scoring, putting up 62 points per game, and were 336th in the country in field goal percentage, at 38.3 percent.
Rhoomes had reportedly been taking online classes since graduation and he expects to qualify in the fall.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte