May 5, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes has committed to Fordham, reports Zach Braziller of the New York Post.
The 6-9, 210-pound Rhoomes was a two-star prospect when he came out of NIA Prep (N.J.) from the Class of 2011.
During his senior season, he averaged 10 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, and, this time around in his recruitment, was being pursued by schools that included Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Hofstra, and Temple.
Rhoomes, a native of Queens, N.Y., was reportedly looking to stay close to home, in contrast to his original commitment to TCU.
Fordham finished 10-19 this past season, including 3-13 in the A-10. Do-it-all forward Chris Gaston returns for his senior season, after averaging 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds in 2011-12.
Rhoomes joins Jermaine Myers and Mandell Thomas to become the third player in Fordham’s Class of 2012, a group that looks to improve on offensive difficulties this past season.
The Rams were 290th in the nation in scoring, putting up 62 points per game, and were 336th in the country in field goal percentage, at 38.3 percent.
Rhoomes had reportedly been taking online classes since graduation and he expects to qualify in the fall.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)