May 5, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes has committed to Fordham, reports Zach Braziller of the New York Post.
The 6-9, 210-pound Rhoomes was a two-star prospect when he came out of NIA Prep (N.J.) from the Class of 2011.
During his senior season, he averaged 10 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, and, this time around in his recruitment, was being pursued by schools that included Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Hofstra, and Temple.
Rhoomes, a native of Queens, N.Y., was reportedly looking to stay close to home, in contrast to his original commitment to TCU.
Fordham finished 10-19 this past season, including 3-13 in the A-10. Do-it-all forward Chris Gaston returns for his senior season, after averaging 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds in 2011-12.
Rhoomes joins Jermaine Myers and Mandell Thomas to become the third player in Fordham’s Class of 2012, a group that looks to improve on offensive difficulties this past season.
The Rams were 290th in the nation in scoring, putting up 62 points per game, and were 336th in the country in field goal percentage, at 38.3 percent.
Rhoomes had reportedly been taking online classes since graduation and he expects to qualify in the fall.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)