May 5, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes has committed to Fordham, reports Zach Braziller of the New York Post.
The 6-9, 210-pound Rhoomes was a two-star prospect when he came out of NIA Prep (N.J.) from the Class of 2011.
During his senior season, he averaged 10 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, and, this time around in his recruitment, was being pursued by schools that included Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Hofstra, and Temple.
Rhoomes, a native of Queens, N.Y., was reportedly looking to stay close to home, in contrast to his original commitment to TCU.
Fordham finished 10-19 this past season, including 3-13 in the A-10. Do-it-all forward Chris Gaston returns for his senior season, after averaging 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds in 2011-12.
Rhoomes joins Jermaine Myers and Mandell Thomas to become the third player in Fordham’s Class of 2012, a group that looks to improve on offensive difficulties this past season.
The Rams were 290th in the nation in scoring, putting up 62 points per game, and were 336th in the country in field goal percentage, at 38.3 percent.
Rhoomes had reportedly been taking online classes since graduation and he expects to qualify in the fall.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)