May 5, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes has committed to Fordham, reports Zach Braziller of the New York Post.
The 6-9, 210-pound Rhoomes was a two-star prospect when he came out of NIA Prep (N.J.) from the Class of 2011.
During his senior season, he averaged 10 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, and, this time around in his recruitment, was being pursued by schools that included Virginia Tech, St. John’s, Hofstra, and Temple.
Rhoomes, a native of Queens, N.Y., was reportedly looking to stay close to home, in contrast to his original commitment to TCU.
Fordham finished 10-19 this past season, including 3-13 in the A-10. Do-it-all forward Chris Gaston returns for his senior season, after averaging 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds in 2011-12.
Rhoomes joins Jermaine Myers and Mandell Thomas to become the third player in Fordham’s Class of 2012, a group that looks to improve on offensive difficulties this past season.
The Rams were 290th in the nation in scoring, putting up 62 points per game, and were 336th in the country in field goal percentage, at 38.3 percent.
Rhoomes had reportedly been taking online classes since graduation and he expects to qualify in the fall.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)