May 7, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
I’d be the first to tell you that typos happen.
But when it happens in a graduation program, it’s all the more prominent, and when it happens to a former Kentucky basketball player, someone is bound to snap a picture and post it on the Internet.
Darius (or “Darious”) Miller graduated Sunday at Rupp Arena and, thanks to KentuckySportsRadio.com, we got to see a picture of the now-immortalized spelling mistake.
Taking a look at the keyboard, “o” and “u” are separated by just one key, so it was probably a simple mis-stroke, but still, it’s a tough break.
Miller averaged 9.6 points and 2.6 rebounds as perhaps the most important Sixth Man in the country this past season for the national champion Wildcats.
He is one of six Kentucky players headed to the NBA draft, entering alongside underclassmen Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
He is projected to be selected in the second round. Check out a photo of the misspelling below.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)