May 7, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
I’d be the first to tell you that typos happen.
But when it happens in a graduation program, it’s all the more prominent, and when it happens to a former Kentucky basketball player, someone is bound to snap a picture and post it on the Internet.
Darius (or “Darious”) Miller graduated Sunday at Rupp Arena and, thanks to KentuckySportsRadio.com, we got to see a picture of the now-immortalized spelling mistake.
Taking a look at the keyboard, “o” and “u” are separated by just one key, so it was probably a simple mis-stroke, but still, it’s a tough break.
Miller averaged 9.6 points and 2.6 rebounds as perhaps the most important Sixth Man in the country this past season for the national champion Wildcats.
He is one of six Kentucky players headed to the NBA draft, entering alongside underclassmen Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
He is projected to be selected in the second round. Check out a photo of the misspelling below.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)