May 7, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
I’d be the first to tell you that typos happen.
But when it happens in a graduation program, it’s all the more prominent, and when it happens to a former Kentucky basketball player, someone is bound to snap a picture and post it on the Internet.
Darius (or “Darious”) Miller graduated Sunday at Rupp Arena and, thanks to KentuckySportsRadio.com, we got to see a picture of the now-immortalized spelling mistake.
Taking a look at the keyboard, “o” and “u” are separated by just one key, so it was probably a simple mis-stroke, but still, it’s a tough break.
Miller averaged 9.6 points and 2.6 rebounds as perhaps the most important Sixth Man in the country this past season for the national champion Wildcats.
He is one of six Kentucky players headed to the NBA draft, entering alongside underclassmen Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb, Marquis Teague, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
He is projected to be selected in the second round. Check out a photo of the misspelling below.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)