May 7, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
Days after grabbing a commitment from Western Kentucky transfer Derrick Gordon, the train keeps rolling and Massachusetts has picked up seven-footer Isaac Freeman, Evan Daniels of Scout.com is reporting.
The South Kent (Conn.) big man was choosing between Drexel and UMass, but also held offers from Missouri and DePaul.
Freeman is a two-star prospect and has good size for a player moving to the A-10. He averaged 14.7 points, 14.5 rebounds, and 7.5 blocks last season for Osbourn High (Va.), before transferring to South Kent.
As a story in the Washington Post recounts, Freeman has had to work to understand how to harness the physical gifts that he had, but was always a skilled shot-blocker.
The Minutemen finished last season with a record of 25-12 last season, including 9-7 in the Atlantic 10, and made their way to the NIT semifinal, before losing to Stanford.
UMass has one other player signed from the Class of 2012, forward/center Tyler Bergantino. With those two pieces in the frontcourt, the Minutemen are building a solid foundation.
Bergantino averaged 17.2 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 5.7 blocks per game last season.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1