May 7, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Xavier guard Mark Lyons has decided to transfer to Arizona to play for former-Xavier coach Sean Miller. With the addition of a top-tier backcourt player, the Wildcats could be considered one of the early favorites to make the Final Four next season
- Derrick Gordon, the standout guard for the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, has decided to transfer to UMass
- A look at some of the best potential value picks in the NBA Draft
- After getting worn out at Illinois, Bruce Weber feels re-energized at Kansas State
- The University of Kentucky held graduation over the weekend, and Darius Miller’s name was misspelled in the program. It’s not like his name doesn’t get printed on university programs, promotional fliers, stat sheets or anything else…..
- Does anybody know if Jim Calhoun is coming back or not? The UConn coach said he’d announce his career status over a month ago, and has yet to say anything
- The UCLA Bruins will finally be able to play their home games back in Pauley Pavilion. This past season the famous arenas was undergoing some much-needed renovations, which forced the Bruins to play their home games at the UCLA Sports Arena. With a stellar recruiting class coming in, there may not be a better time to reopen the Pavilion to fans and players. Speaking of the Bruins, Ben Howland is taking his team to China for their exhibition trip. After what happened to Georgetown on their trip to China, we should all be thankful that Reeves Nelson is no longer part of the Bruins program
- Arizona State forward Trent Lockett will transfer to Marquette in order to be closer to his family
- Highly touted recruit Anthony Bennett has narrowed down his list to just Oregon and UNLV
- Illinois State lost their head coach two weeks ago when Tim Jankovich left for SMU to become the “coach-in-waiting”. But the Redbirds could name a new head coach by the end of the day
- Former-Kansa forward Marcus Morris has entered into a diversion agreement with prosecutors following his arrest on battery charges stemming from an altercation at a Lawrence nightclub in February
- Michigan’s Zack Novak isn’t just a deadly 3-point shooter. Apparently he’s also pretty good at kicking field goals
- UT-San Antonio and North Texas are officially moving to Conference-USA
- Villanova had a dreadful season, but a pair of incoming recruits give the Wildcats some hope for the future
- In case you missed it from Friday, the Kentucky Wildcats visited President Obama at the White House and gave the President a championship ring. Plus, Anthony Davis gave the Lincoln Memorial a pair of “3-goggles”
Sep 19, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The Orange holds the first of two exhibition games on Nov. 2.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
The Roselle Catholic (New Jersey) product picked the Gamecocks over Seton Hall and Rhode Island.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Interestingly enough, UAB visits Chattanooga December 22.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
News and notes from around the world of college basketball recruiting.
Sep 19, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Thought the recent debate about USA Basketball and advantages gained by college coaches was getting tiresome?
Sep 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Fortune Magazine has the Krzyzewski and Staley ranked 20th (along with San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich) on the list.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
The NCAA is hoping to have two lawsuits dismissed, with the plaintiffs in those suits arguing otherwise. And three U.S. senators voiced their displeasure with the lack of progress being made by the NCAA.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Lorenzo Romar spoke positively of Robert Upshaw’s progress, and with the Huskies’ lack of interior depth the Fresno State transfer will be a key figure this season.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Among the schools still in the running for this Top 100 prospect’s services is LSU.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
FGCU’s Sweet 16 run in 2013 paid off in a big way for the athletic department.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Mizzou Arena’s just ten years old, but the school has found some areas that need renovating.
Sep 18, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Freeberg makes the move from the College of Charleston to The Citadel, with J.D. Powell headed in the opposite direction.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Calipari tweeted that if the coaches gained an advantage from helping revitalize USA Basketball he “doesn’t begrudge them in the least.”
Sep 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
An important member in a 2015 class lacking guards has set a decision date.
Sep 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
John Calipari helped some campers waiting for Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness sleep a little easier by giving away a mattress and some pillows.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Baylor will be without an incoming recruit for the 2014-15 season.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Coach K responded to recent criticisms lobbied at him about unfair recruiting advantages as USA Basketball’s coach.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Providence is hoping a key member of its backcourt will be healthy this season after two straight years with a shoulder injury.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
One five-star prospect heard a recruiting pitch centered on LeBron James’ homecoming to Cleveland.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT
Vince Carter highlight reels are still the best.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)