May 7, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Xavier guard Mark Lyons has decided to transfer to Arizona to play for former-Xavier coach Sean Miller. With the addition of a top-tier backcourt player, the Wildcats could be considered one of the early favorites to make the Final Four next season
- Derrick Gordon, the standout guard for the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, has decided to transfer to UMass
- A look at some of the best potential value picks in the NBA Draft
- After getting worn out at Illinois, Bruce Weber feels re-energized at Kansas State
- The University of Kentucky held graduation over the weekend, and Darius Miller’s name was misspelled in the program. It’s not like his name doesn’t get printed on university programs, promotional fliers, stat sheets or anything else…..
- Does anybody know if Jim Calhoun is coming back or not? The UConn coach said he’d announce his career status over a month ago, and has yet to say anything
- The UCLA Bruins will finally be able to play their home games back in Pauley Pavilion. This past season the famous arenas was undergoing some much-needed renovations, which forced the Bruins to play their home games at the UCLA Sports Arena. With a stellar recruiting class coming in, there may not be a better time to reopen the Pavilion to fans and players. Speaking of the Bruins, Ben Howland is taking his team to China for their exhibition trip. After what happened to Georgetown on their trip to China, we should all be thankful that Reeves Nelson is no longer part of the Bruins program
- Arizona State forward Trent Lockett will transfer to Marquette in order to be closer to his family
- Highly touted recruit Anthony Bennett has narrowed down his list to just Oregon and UNLV
- Illinois State lost their head coach two weeks ago when Tim Jankovich left for SMU to become the “coach-in-waiting”. But the Redbirds could name a new head coach by the end of the day
- Former-Kansa forward Marcus Morris has entered into a diversion agreement with prosecutors following his arrest on battery charges stemming from an altercation at a Lawrence nightclub in February
- Michigan’s Zack Novak isn’t just a deadly 3-point shooter. Apparently he’s also pretty good at kicking field goals
- UT-San Antonio and North Texas are officially moving to Conference-USA
- Villanova had a dreadful season, but a pair of incoming recruits give the Wildcats some hope for the future
- In case you missed it from Friday, the Kentucky Wildcats visited President Obama at the White House and gave the President a championship ring. Plus, Anthony Davis gave the Lincoln Memorial a pair of “3-goggles”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Kellogg’s led his alma mater to 21 wins or more in each of the last three seasons.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Georgetown holds a 35-29 lead in their all-time series with UConn.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Villanova went 29-5 last season and return essentially the same lineup. Why aren’t more people talking about them?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Texas now has two four-star commitments, with Kerwin Roach joining Eric Davis on Friday.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Of Baylor’s five verbal commitments in the Class of 2015 four are guards, including their latest commit.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s on top, but who’s next in line?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Syracuse’s men’s basketball and football programs are under investigation, with the stakes being higher for Jim Boeheim’s program.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Joshua Smith averaged 11.5 points per game before being ruled academically ineligible last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 PM EDT
Cam Payne became the star of Murray State as a freshman, but he wouldn’t have gotten there if he had a back up. Why?
Oct 23, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The preseason favorites to win the Atlantic 10 added a new teammate Thursday.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Shawn Lester averaged 11.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in the sixth man role last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hallice Cooke will have one hip operated on Monday, with the second surgery coming four weeks later.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Christian James joins Rashard Odomes and Akolda Manyang in Oklahoma’s 2015 haul.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
The OVC looks like a three-team race this season.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Nice work editing in the music.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
Who are the top 20 perimeters in the country this season?
Oct 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
This scandal will be a stain on North Carolina’s sports and academic programs for a long time.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
This is about as embarrassing as being POSTERIZED can get.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
The Shockers went to the Final Four in 2013 and undefeated in 2014. What is next for them?
Oct 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Cody Larson was South Dakotas Next Big Thing. He returned in infamy, but that has not stopped him from succeeding.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)