May 7, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
The father of USC forward Evan Smith has been missing since Tuesday.
Gavin Smith was last seen driving his black mercedes sedan (California plate number 6EKT044) near the family’s home in Oak Park, CA, about 35 miles from Los Angeles. He’s spent the last 18 years as an executive at 20th Century Fox. Gavin was an athlete in his own right. He was on UCLA’s national title teams in 1975 and 1976 before transferring to Hawaii for his senior season.
According to reports, there is no evidence of foul play. Since Tuesday, Evan has taken to twitter to help the search for his father. Here’s a physical description of Gavin from the USC website:
6 feet, 6 inches tall, 210 pounds, with green eyes and gray hair and blond highlights. Sheriff’s officials say he has a four-inch scar on the inside of his right wrist and a five-incher on one of his calves.
If you’ve seen Gavin Smith (pictured above), call detectives at 323-890-5500.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger