May 8, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
Earlier today, Adam Zagoria tweeted out that Anthony Bennett, the Findlay Prep star and the most-highly regarded member of the Class of 2012 that has yet to decide on a destination for the 2012-2013 season, was leaning “90 percent” towards UNLV over Oregon.
It makes some sense. Findlay Prep is in Las Vegas. UNLV is a much better program than Oregon, even if the Ducks will forever be on the cutting edge of swag thanks to Phil Knight’s connection to the university. Playing for a team in the top ten — where UNLV will be — is much more appealing than playing in a program that can be described as middle-of-the-pack Pac-12.
Perhaps what sets UNLV apart, however, is that they have the support of Jimmy Kimmel, who found time to tweet at Anthony Bennett about becoming a member of the Rebels in between running a late-night TV show and speaking at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner:
Kimmel spent a year at UNLV before transferring to Arizona State, according his wikipedia page.
I guess this means that Kimmel is the most famous person to commit a recruiting violation.
Since we all like youtube videos, here’s some of Anthony Bennett’s best:
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 52 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)