May 9, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- Your must-read-story-of-the-day comes from Steve Kerr. Yup, that’s right, five-time NBA Champion Steve Kerr. He urges the NBA to institute a 20-year-old age limit for the draft. Make sure you have time to read this
– You have to read this too: Pete Thamel tells us the the NCAA has travelled to Massachusetts to inquire about Nerlens Noel’s eligibility
– You all remember the Guerdwich Montimore/Jerry Joseph saga, right? Well even if you don’t, make sure you read Dave Telep’s take. He saw both of them on the AUU circuit. More importantly, make sure you read the Outside The Lines piece. This may be the most bizarre hoops-related story we’ve ever seen, and OTL does a phenomenal job detailing the saga
– Chad Ford ranks the NBA draft entrants by position (I could read stuff like this all day)
– Jimmy Kimmel is using his celebrity status to held UNLV land Anthony Bennett. It should be noted that this may be a potential violation, and more importantly, Kimmel only attended UNLV for one year before transferring to Arizona State
– Early on Tuesday morning, reports surfaced that Indiana would seek a non-conference game against Louisville. This would have been major news, especially since the Hoosiers couldn’t book a game with Kentucky. However, by Tuesday night, this report was all for naught, as the Hoosiers already filled their final non-conference opening. Let’s just say that Gary Parrish isn’t too happy (If Gary is pissed, so am I.)
– What about Kentucky vs. Cincinnati? I’d be down with that
– North Carolina is once again dealing with an academic scandal, and it looks like there may be basketball players involved. Regardless, Roy Williams is not too concerned. But it did spawn a hilarious article headline
– The match-ups for the once-popular Great Alaskan Shootout have been set. Seven games will be televised on the CBS Sports network. The marquee first round game features Oral Roberts and Loyola Marymount
– Virginia Tech freshman Dorian Finney-Smith has decided to transfer. Apparently, this was a long-time coming, but is a quality player that the Hokies could not afford to lose
– Matt Roth is going to be a fifth year senior at Indiana. You would think he would have a scholarship to play basketball. Well, he did, but now he doesnt
– Hmm, this is interesting. Highly touted recruit Savon Goodman may be reclassifying into the class of 2013
– Wake Forest-transfer Tony Chennault has chosen to attend Villanova. The Wildcats are in need of some solid players with experience, which Chennault will be able to provide
– South Carolina-transfer Damontre Harris has cut his list to two schools, Florida and Kansas. Luckily, Harris was not hit with heavy transfer-restrictions and would be able to attend another SEC school
– Lamar assistant coach Joseph Price has been named the new head coach at Grambling State
– Norfolk State’s Kyle O’Quinn will be selected in the NBA draft, and here is why
– UConn will tear down their old football stadium in order to make way for a new basketball practice facility
– Sean Keely thinks former-Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese is full of crap. This cannot be confirmed nor denied
– Pitt Blather provides more on the Marinatto decision
Mar 3, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Rasheed Sulaimon was reportedly publicly accused of sexual assault.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
This is the last true road game for the Wildcats this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
Andrew Chrabascz had missed the last two weeks with a broken hand
Mar 3, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
A three-game margin separated the top seven teams, so don’t be surprised if things don’t go according to the seeds in Conway, South Carolina.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
The National Player of the Year talks hoops, soccer and senior years.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:12 AM EST
Last year, the college hoops 30 for 30 was “Requiem for the Big East”.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:15 AM EST
Can St. Francis (NY) land their first-ever NCAA tournament berth?
Late Night Snacks: Texas gets huge win over Baylor, Iowa State comeback win on Oklahoma; No. 2 Virginia wins on road
Mar 2, 2015, 11:18 PM EST
No. 2 Virginia earned a big road win.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Texas survived to keep its NCAA Tournament hopes alive.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
Seton Hall added to its 2015 recruiting haul on Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:20 PM EST
Alabama loses another starter as the regular season winds down.
Mar 2, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
Bucknell will be looking to make their third NCAA tournament appearance under Dave Paulsen.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
The Big 12 and the ACC will both be in action.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
The Atlantic Sun Tournament should be an exciting one as Florida Gulf Coast attempts to dethrone regular season champ North Florida.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Trae Jackson broke his foot in mid-January.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
Sulaimon was dismissed from the team in January of this year.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:25 PM EST
Austin Nichols was the bright spot for the Tigers this season.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:25 AM EST
In addition to the Crusaders and Phoenix, keep an eye on Cleveland State and Oakland.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EST
The latest bracket projections from our Dave Ommen.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Baylor picked up two huge wins, while Pointer led the Johnnies into the tournament this week.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)