May 9, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read-story-of-the-day comes from Steve Kerr. Yup, that’s right, five-time NBA Champion Steve Kerr. He urges the NBA to institute a 20-year-old age limit for the draft. Make sure you have time to read this
- You have to read this too: Pete Thamel tells us the the NCAA has travelled to Massachusetts to inquire about Nerlens Noel’s eligibility
- You all remember the Guerdwich Montimore/Jerry Joseph saga, right? Well even if you don’t, make sure you read Dave Telep’s take. He saw both of them on the AUU circuit. More importantly, make sure you read the Outside The Lines piece. This may be the most bizarre hoops-related story we’ve ever seen, and OTL does a phenomenal job detailing the saga
- Chad Ford ranks the NBA draft entrants by position (I could read stuff like this all day)
- Jimmy Kimmel is using his celebrity status to held UNLV land Anthony Bennett. It should be noted that this may be a potential violation, and more importantly, Kimmel only attended UNLV for one year before transferring to Arizona State
- Early on Tuesday morning, reports surfaced that Indiana would seek a non-conference game against Louisville. This would have been major news, especially since the Hoosiers couldn’t book a game with Kentucky. However, by Tuesday night, this report was all for naught, as the Hoosiers already filled their final non-conference opening. Let’s just say that Gary Parrish isn’t too happy (If Gary is pissed, so am I.)
- What about Kentucky vs. Cincinnati? I’d be down with that
- North Carolina is once again dealing with an academic scandal, and it looks like there may be basketball players involved. Regardless, Roy Williams is not too concerned. But it did spawn a hilarious article headline
- The match-ups for the once-popular Great Alaskan Shootout have been set. Seven games will be televised on the CBS Sports network. The marquee first round game features Oral Roberts and Loyola Marymount
- Virginia Tech freshman Dorian Finney-Smith has decided to transfer. Apparently, this was a long-time coming, but is a quality player that the Hokies could not afford to lose
- Matt Roth is going to be a fifth year senior at Indiana. You would think he would have a scholarship to play basketball. Well, he did, but now he doesnt
- Hmm, this is interesting. Highly touted recruit Savon Goodman may be reclassifying into the class of 2013
- Wake Forest-transfer Tony Chennault has chosen to attend Villanova. The Wildcats are in need of some solid players with experience, which Chennault will be able to provide
- South Carolina-transfer Damontre Harris has cut his list to two schools, Florida and Kansas. Luckily, Harris was not hit with heavy transfer-restrictions and would be able to attend another SEC school
- Lamar assistant coach Joseph Price has been named the new head coach at Grambling State
- Norfolk State’s Kyle O’Quinn will be selected in the NBA draft, and here is why
- UConn will tear down their old football stadium in order to make way for a new basketball practice facility
- Sean Keely thinks former-Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese is full of crap. This cannot be confirmed nor denied
- Pitt Blather provides more on the Marinatto decision
Sep 15, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney has opened it back up.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
The Bearcats added a 2015 recruit on Monday night.
Sep 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Kansas begins a two-week Boot Camp today.
Sep 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Shaquille Johnson is in trouble at his new home.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Things are getting interesting between the Pitinos as we get closer to the Minnesota and Louisville game.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Florida International had some bad luck over the weekend.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Charlotte head coach Alan Major has returned to the team.
CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board
Sep 15, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
News and notes from around the world of college basketball recruiting.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Brown is a 6-foot-7 powerhouse that has drawn some comparisons to Stanley Johnson.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
It’s the second recruit UCLA has lost this week.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
The NCAA is trying to improve their ability to apply common sense to rules interpretations.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
They’ll be out there for six full days. To get tickets to watch a practice.
Sep 15, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
Avery Harriman continues his third battle with leukemia.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It was less a shot at Coach K than it was a shot at USA Basketball.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The best players in the D.C. area competed at DMVElite 80 over the weekend.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:59 PM EDT
Of Wyoming’s five 2015 verbal commitments, three have come from Florida natives.
Sep 14, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
The Tabor Academy forward picked Fordham over offers from Duquesne, Quinnipiac and Saint Joseph’s.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
With Anthony Drmic and Derrick Marks both being seniors, this is an important addition for the Broncos.
Sep 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The Roselle Catholic (New Jersey) product is expected pick from Rhode Island, Seton Hall and South Carolina.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Playing with an all-star team this summer helped the Arkansas transfer shake off the rust accumulated during his season on the sidelines.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)