May 9, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read-story-of-the-day comes from Steve Kerr. Yup, that’s right, five-time NBA Champion Steve Kerr. He urges the NBA to institute a 20-year-old age limit for the draft. Make sure you have time to read this
- You have to read this too: Pete Thamel tells us the the NCAA has travelled to Massachusetts to inquire about Nerlens Noel’s eligibility
- You all remember the Guerdwich Montimore/Jerry Joseph saga, right? Well even if you don’t, make sure you read Dave Telep’s take. He saw both of them on the AUU circuit. More importantly, make sure you read the Outside The Lines piece. This may be the most bizarre hoops-related story we’ve ever seen, and OTL does a phenomenal job detailing the saga
- Chad Ford ranks the NBA draft entrants by position (I could read stuff like this all day)
- Jimmy Kimmel is using his celebrity status to held UNLV land Anthony Bennett. It should be noted that this may be a potential violation, and more importantly, Kimmel only attended UNLV for one year before transferring to Arizona State
- Early on Tuesday morning, reports surfaced that Indiana would seek a non-conference game against Louisville. This would have been major news, especially since the Hoosiers couldn’t book a game with Kentucky. However, by Tuesday night, this report was all for naught, as the Hoosiers already filled their final non-conference opening. Let’s just say that Gary Parrish isn’t too happy (If Gary is pissed, so am I.)
- What about Kentucky vs. Cincinnati? I’d be down with that
- North Carolina is once again dealing with an academic scandal, and it looks like there may be basketball players involved. Regardless, Roy Williams is not too concerned. But it did spawn a hilarious article headline
- The match-ups for the once-popular Great Alaskan Shootout have been set. Seven games will be televised on the CBS Sports network. The marquee first round game features Oral Roberts and Loyola Marymount
- Virginia Tech freshman Dorian Finney-Smith has decided to transfer. Apparently, this was a long-time coming, but is a quality player that the Hokies could not afford to lose
- Matt Roth is going to be a fifth year senior at Indiana. You would think he would have a scholarship to play basketball. Well, he did, but now he doesnt
- Hmm, this is interesting. Highly touted recruit Savon Goodman may be reclassifying into the class of 2013
- Wake Forest-transfer Tony Chennault has chosen to attend Villanova. The Wildcats are in need of some solid players with experience, which Chennault will be able to provide
- South Carolina-transfer Damontre Harris has cut his list to two schools, Florida and Kansas. Luckily, Harris was not hit with heavy transfer-restrictions and would be able to attend another SEC school
- Lamar assistant coach Joseph Price has been named the new head coach at Grambling State
- Norfolk State’s Kyle O’Quinn will be selected in the NBA draft, and here is why
- UConn will tear down their old football stadium in order to make way for a new basketball practice facility
- Sean Keely thinks former-Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese is full of crap. This cannot be confirmed nor denied
- Pitt Blather provides more on the Marinatto decision
Apr 24, 2014, 12:57 AM EDT
According to multiple reports, former Georgetown big Moses Ayegba has decided to transfer to Nebraska.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
According to a report, UConn center Amida Brimah will need to undergo surgery on his left shoulder.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Shaka Smart filled a vacancy on his staff Wednesday, hiring former Vanderbilt assistant David Cason.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Less than a week after making an official visit to the school, it was reported that Malek Harris had committed to Kansas State. But that may not be the case.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Frank Haith announced his coaching staff Wednesday, with the trio combining to have more than 90 seasons of coaching experience.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
UConn and Duke will reportedly play each other just before Christmas in New Jersey.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Former St. John’s commit Darrick Wood verbally committed to attend DePaul on Wednesday.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
After playing well in Kentucky’s run to the national title game, Dakari Johnson has decided to return for his sophomore season.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
LSU should have the pieces to be a tournament team in 2014-2015.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
Minnesota landed a commitment from a 6-foot-11 three-star recruit.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Adala Moto was a top 150 recruit in the class of 2012.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Allen will be one of the keys to Arizona’s season. Click to see why.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Randle talks favorite NBA players and the one-and-done rule.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Southern coach is receiving a contract extension.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)