May 9, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Your must-read-story-of-the-day comes from Steve Kerr. Yup, that’s right, five-time NBA Champion Steve Kerr. He urges the NBA to institute a 20-year-old age limit for the draft. Make sure you have time to read this
- You have to read this too: Pete Thamel tells us the the NCAA has travelled to Massachusetts to inquire about Nerlens Noel’s eligibility
- You all remember the Guerdwich Montimore/Jerry Joseph saga, right? Well even if you don’t, make sure you read Dave Telep’s take. He saw both of them on the AUU circuit. More importantly, make sure you read the Outside The Lines piece. This may be the most bizarre hoops-related story we’ve ever seen, and OTL does a phenomenal job detailing the saga
- Chad Ford ranks the NBA draft entrants by position (I could read stuff like this all day)
- Jimmy Kimmel is using his celebrity status to held UNLV land Anthony Bennett. It should be noted that this may be a potential violation, and more importantly, Kimmel only attended UNLV for one year before transferring to Arizona State
- Early on Tuesday morning, reports surfaced that Indiana would seek a non-conference game against Louisville. This would have been major news, especially since the Hoosiers couldn’t book a game with Kentucky. However, by Tuesday night, this report was all for naught, as the Hoosiers already filled their final non-conference opening. Let’s just say that Gary Parrish isn’t too happy (If Gary is pissed, so am I.)
- What about Kentucky vs. Cincinnati? I’d be down with that
- North Carolina is once again dealing with an academic scandal, and it looks like there may be basketball players involved. Regardless, Roy Williams is not too concerned. But it did spawn a hilarious article headline
- The match-ups for the once-popular Great Alaskan Shootout have been set. Seven games will be televised on the CBS Sports network. The marquee first round game features Oral Roberts and Loyola Marymount
- Virginia Tech freshman Dorian Finney-Smith has decided to transfer. Apparently, this was a long-time coming, but is a quality player that the Hokies could not afford to lose
- Matt Roth is going to be a fifth year senior at Indiana. You would think he would have a scholarship to play basketball. Well, he did, but now he doesnt
- Hmm, this is interesting. Highly touted recruit Savon Goodman may be reclassifying into the class of 2013
- Wake Forest-transfer Tony Chennault has chosen to attend Villanova. The Wildcats are in need of some solid players with experience, which Chennault will be able to provide
- South Carolina-transfer Damontre Harris has cut his list to two schools, Florida and Kansas. Luckily, Harris was not hit with heavy transfer-restrictions and would be able to attend another SEC school
- Lamar assistant coach Joseph Price has been named the new head coach at Grambling State
- Norfolk State’s Kyle O’Quinn will be selected in the NBA draft, and here is why
- UConn will tear down their old football stadium in order to make way for a new basketball practice facility
- Sean Keely thinks former-Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese is full of crap. This cannot be confirmed nor denied
- Pitt Blather provides more on the Marinatto decision
Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
A former Baylor commit is suing his former high school for allegedly altering his grades.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Missouri is losing a wing shooter.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Can an SEC program reel in a top-5 player in the 2015 class during a weekend visit?
Sep 30, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
Harvard landed another quality recruit.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
IUPUI unveiled a new court design this week.
Sep 30, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Western Kentucky fans were given three options and selected one for the upcoming season.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
NBA teams know all about efficiency stats and advanced analytics. College freshmen and sophomores may not.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Evans may be the best point guard in the Class of 2015, but it’s up for debate.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Ernie Kent lands his third commitment in the Class of 2015.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
The pair will replace Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
The Owls may not have landed Jalen Brunson, but they did bring in an elite “legacy” in the back court.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Long Beach State has four commits in 2015.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Pauley Pavilion has gone under plenty of changes in the last few seasons and dealt with a flooding issue several months back.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
UNLV continues to tap into the local powerhouse.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
All four commits are ranked in the Rivals150.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Spoiler: Kentucky is going to dunk a lot this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A decision could come within the next three weeks.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
John Calipari’s loaded roster has required a new position on the Kentucky staff.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Logwood had previously signed with Auburn.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
Spoelstra is now the head coach of the Miami Heat.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)