May 10, 2012, 9:19 AM EDT
The City of St. Louis has announced that Missouri head coach Frank Haith will receive an honorary key to the city from Mayor Francis Slay Thursday morning at 10 a.m.
This comes after a season in which Haith led the Tigers to a 30-5 record, before being eliminated by 15th-seeded Norfolk State in the Round of 64 of the NCAA tournament.
Considering the resistence with which Haith’s hiring was met, was it impressive? Absolutely. But, as Chad Garrison as the Riverfront Times points out, how is Rick Majerus feeling right now?
Majerus led the St. Louis Billikens to a 26-8 record this past year and the Round of 32, before losing narrowly to top-seeded Michigan State.
Where’s his key? I guess he’ll have to wait.
Missouri is looking to make another run next season in 2012-13, as they bring in one-year Connecticut transfer Alex Oriakhi to solidify the middle.
But, the Tigers will have to overcome the loss of guards Marcus Denmon and Kim English, as well as big man Ricardo Ratliffe.
Their recruiting class is a large one—seven players in total—led by Canadian native Stefan Jankovic.
As a side note, a little research shows that the city of St. Louis is a big fan of handing out keys to Missouri head coaches. In 2009, Slay presented then-coach Mike Anderson with a key to the city, as well.
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)