May 13, 2012, 9:36 AM EST
It seems that the long recruitment of Amile Jefferson will finally reach its conclusion in the coming days, but we’ve heard that before, right?
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that Jefferson is set to make his college decision on Tuesday at 4 p.m. He will choose between Kentucky, Villanova, NC State, and Ohio State.
The 6-7, 190-pound swingman is a consensus Top 30 prospect and the best remaining unsigned player, after Anthony Bennett committed to UNLV on Saturday.
Jefferson averaged 17.9 points and five rebounds per game this past season for Friend’s Central (Pa.). He has one of the highest basketball intelligences in the Class of 2012, and though not freakishly athletic, knows how to use each tool in his offensive repertoire at the right time.
Of the schools that remain on Jefferson’s list, Kentucky already has a Top 3 class in the country, led by No. 1 overall prospect Nerlens Noel. NC State has three McDonald’s All-Americans in its recruiting class in Tyler Lewis, TJ Warren, and Rodney Purvis.
Villanova has two Top 100 players, Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu, while Duke has one, Rasheed Sulaimon. Ohio State has one player signed, guard Amedeo Della Valle.
In the past, Jefferson has talked about the importance of playing close to home, but Duke, having jumped into his recruitment this past year, Ohio State, and NC State would all force him to move farther away.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)