May 13, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
It seems that the long recruitment of Amile Jefferson will finally reach its conclusion in the coming days, but we’ve heard that before, right?
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that Jefferson is set to make his college decision on Tuesday at 4 p.m. He will choose between Kentucky, Villanova, NC State, and Ohio State.
The 6-7, 190-pound swingman is a consensus Top 30 prospect and the best remaining unsigned player, after Anthony Bennett committed to UNLV on Saturday.
Jefferson averaged 17.9 points and five rebounds per game this past season for Friend’s Central (Pa.). He has one of the highest basketball intelligences in the Class of 2012, and though not freakishly athletic, knows how to use each tool in his offensive repertoire at the right time.
Of the schools that remain on Jefferson’s list, Kentucky already has a Top 3 class in the country, led by No. 1 overall prospect Nerlens Noel. NC State has three McDonald’s All-Americans in its recruiting class in Tyler Lewis, TJ Warren, and Rodney Purvis.
Villanova has two Top 100 players, Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu, while Duke has one, Rasheed Sulaimon. Ohio State has one player signed, guard Amedeo Della Valle.
In the past, Jefferson has talked about the importance of playing close to home, but Duke, having jumped into his recruitment this past year, Ohio State, and NC State would all force him to move farther away.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)