May 13, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
It seems that the long recruitment of Amile Jefferson will finally reach its conclusion in the coming days, but we’ve heard that before, right?
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that Jefferson is set to make his college decision on Tuesday at 4 p.m. He will choose between Kentucky, Villanova, NC State, and Ohio State.
The 6-7, 190-pound swingman is a consensus Top 30 prospect and the best remaining unsigned player, after Anthony Bennett committed to UNLV on Saturday.
Jefferson averaged 17.9 points and five rebounds per game this past season for Friend’s Central (Pa.). He has one of the highest basketball intelligences in the Class of 2012, and though not freakishly athletic, knows how to use each tool in his offensive repertoire at the right time.
Of the schools that remain on Jefferson’s list, Kentucky already has a Top 3 class in the country, led by No. 1 overall prospect Nerlens Noel. NC State has three McDonald’s All-Americans in its recruiting class in Tyler Lewis, TJ Warren, and Rodney Purvis.
Villanova has two Top 100 players, Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu, while Duke has one, Rasheed Sulaimon. Ohio State has one player signed, guard Amedeo Della Valle.
In the past, Jefferson has talked about the importance of playing close to home, but Duke, having jumped into his recruitment this past year, Ohio State, and NC State would all force him to move farther away.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)