May 13, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
It seems that the long recruitment of Amile Jefferson will finally reach its conclusion in the coming days, but we’ve heard that before, right?
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that Jefferson is set to make his college decision on Tuesday at 4 p.m. He will choose between Kentucky, Villanova, NC State, and Ohio State.
The 6-7, 190-pound swingman is a consensus Top 30 prospect and the best remaining unsigned player, after Anthony Bennett committed to UNLV on Saturday.
Jefferson averaged 17.9 points and five rebounds per game this past season for Friend’s Central (Pa.). He has one of the highest basketball intelligences in the Class of 2012, and though not freakishly athletic, knows how to use each tool in his offensive repertoire at the right time.
Of the schools that remain on Jefferson’s list, Kentucky already has a Top 3 class in the country, led by No. 1 overall prospect Nerlens Noel. NC State has three McDonald’s All-Americans in its recruiting class in Tyler Lewis, TJ Warren, and Rodney Purvis.
Villanova has two Top 100 players, Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu, while Duke has one, Rasheed Sulaimon. Ohio State has one player signed, guard Amedeo Della Valle.
In the past, Jefferson has talked about the importance of playing close to home, but Duke, having jumped into his recruitment this past year, Ohio State, and NC State would all force him to move farther away.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)