May 13, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
It seems that the long recruitment of Amile Jefferson will finally reach its conclusion in the coming days, but we’ve heard that before, right?
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that Jefferson is set to make his college decision on Tuesday at 4 p.m. He will choose between Kentucky, Villanova, NC State, and Ohio State.
The 6-7, 190-pound swingman is a consensus Top 30 prospect and the best remaining unsigned player, after Anthony Bennett committed to UNLV on Saturday.
Jefferson averaged 17.9 points and five rebounds per game this past season for Friend’s Central (Pa.). He has one of the highest basketball intelligences in the Class of 2012, and though not freakishly athletic, knows how to use each tool in his offensive repertoire at the right time.
Of the schools that remain on Jefferson’s list, Kentucky already has a Top 3 class in the country, led by No. 1 overall prospect Nerlens Noel. NC State has three McDonald’s All-Americans in its recruiting class in Tyler Lewis, TJ Warren, and Rodney Purvis.
Villanova has two Top 100 players, Ryan Arcidiacono and Daniel Ochefu, while Duke has one, Rasheed Sulaimon. Ohio State has one player signed, guard Amedeo Della Valle.
In the past, Jefferson has talked about the importance of playing close to home, but Duke, having jumped into his recruitment this past year, Ohio State, and NC State would all force him to move farther away.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)