May 15, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
Michael Porter, who played at Kentucky from 2006-09 and started all 36 games of Billy Gillispie’s final season in Lexington, was arrested on sex charges early Tuesday morning.
Porter was booked at Fayette County Detention Center on six charges of sodomy and two charges of sexual abuse, as he’s alleged to have had sexual contact with a 14-year old and a 15-year old on multiple occasions.
According to the police report Porter met the minors while serving as a group leader at church functions. Porter averaged 4.1 points and 2.5 assists per game in his final season at Kentucky, leaving the program to spend more time with his family.
Porter, who was held on $22,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned at 1 PM Tuesday.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)