May 15, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
Michael Porter, who played at Kentucky from 2006-09 and started all 36 games of Billy Gillispie’s final season in Lexington, was arrested on sex charges early Tuesday morning.
Porter was booked at Fayette County Detention Center on six charges of sodomy and two charges of sexual abuse, as he’s alleged to have had sexual contact with a 14-year old and a 15-year old on multiple occasions.
According to the police report Porter met the minors while serving as a group leader at church functions. Porter averaged 4.1 points and 2.5 assists per game in his final season at Kentucky, leaving the program to spend more time with his family.
Porter, who was held on $22,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned at 1 PM Tuesday.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1