May 15, 2012, 9:49 AM EDT
Michael Porter, who played at Kentucky from 2006-09 and started all 36 games of Billy Gillispie’s final season in Lexington, was arrested on sex charges early Tuesday morning.
Porter was booked at Fayette County Detention Center on six charges of sodomy and two charges of sexual abuse, as he’s alleged to have had sexual contact with a 14-year old and a 15-year old on multiple occasions.
According to the police report Porter met the minors while serving as a group leader at church functions. Porter averaged 4.1 points and 2.5 assists per game in his final season at Kentucky, leaving the program to spend more time with his family.
Porter, who was held on $22,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned at 1 PM Tuesday.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)