May 16, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Former Ohio State forward J.D. Weatherspoon is transferring to Toledo, the Associated Press is reporting.
The former Top 150 recruit played in 26 games this past season, but saw limited minutes in his two seasons in Columbus, averaging 2.9 points and 1.1 rebounds for the Buckeyes in 2011-12.
Weatherspoon was a high school teammate of Michigan point guard Trey Burke and NBA-bound former Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger.
Standing 6-6 and weighing 215 pounds, Weatherspoon will have two years of eligibility remaining at Toledo, once he sits out the NCAA-mandated year that is placed on transfers. He will be eligible for the 2013-14 season.
He will be coming to a Toledo team that finished 19-17 last season, including 7-9 in the MAC. The Rockets have three played signed from the Class of 2012, including two-star forward Nathan Boothe, a native of Gurnee, Ill.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte