May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EST
A day after Duke landed Top 30 recruit Amile Jefferson of Friend’s Cental (Pa.), a tax return obtained by USA Today shows that Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski is doing pretty well for himself.
The report shows that Coach K brought in more than $7.2 million in compensation during the 2010 calendar year, second only to Louisville head coach Rick Pitino, who pulled in over $8.9 million.
Here is the breakdown:
$1,979,257 in base compensation.
$3,747,906 in bonus and incentive compensation.
$1,447,339 in retirement and other deferred compensation.
$41,894 in other reportable compensation.
$17,580 in non-taxable benefits.
Duke, in its standing as a private institution, is not obligated to make public the contracts with its employees.
During the period the USA Today reported, Duke won the national championship, beating Butler and finishing the season with a 35-5 record.
Krzyzewski became the winning coach in NCAA Division I history in 2011-12, when Duke beat Michigan State in November.
This past year, the Blue Devils were eliminated in the Round of 64 by underdog Lehigh.
To read USA Today’s report in its entirety, click here.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)