May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
A day after Duke landed Top 30 recruit Amile Jefferson of Friend’s Cental (Pa.), a tax return obtained by USA Today shows that Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski is doing pretty well for himself.
The report shows that Coach K brought in more than $7.2 million in compensation during the 2010 calendar year, second only to Louisville head coach Rick Pitino, who pulled in over $8.9 million.
Here is the breakdown:
$1,979,257 in base compensation.
$3,747,906 in bonus and incentive compensation.
$1,447,339 in retirement and other deferred compensation.
$41,894 in other reportable compensation.
$17,580 in non-taxable benefits.
Duke, in its standing as a private institution, is not obligated to make public the contracts with its employees.
During the period the USA Today reported, Duke won the national championship, beating Butler and finishing the season with a 35-5 record.
Krzyzewski became the winning coach in NCAA Division I history in 2011-12, when Duke beat Michigan State in November.
This past year, the Blue Devils were eliminated in the Round of 64 by underdog Lehigh.
To read USA Today’s report in its entirety, click here.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)