May 16, 2012, 1:22 PM EST
A day after Duke landed Top 30 recruit Amile Jefferson of Friend’s Cental (Pa.), a tax return obtained by USA Today shows that Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski is doing pretty well for himself.
The report shows that Coach K brought in more than $7.2 million in compensation during the 2010 calendar year, second only to Louisville head coach Rick Pitino, who pulled in over $8.9 million.
Here is the breakdown:
$1,979,257 in base compensation.
$3,747,906 in bonus and incentive compensation.
$1,447,339 in retirement and other deferred compensation.
$41,894 in other reportable compensation.
$17,580 in non-taxable benefits.
Duke, in its standing as a private institution, is not obligated to make public the contracts with its employees.
During the period the USA Today reported, Duke won the national championship, beating Butler and finishing the season with a 35-5 record.
Krzyzewski became the winning coach in NCAA Division I history in 2011-12, when Duke beat Michigan State in November.
This past year, the Blue Devils were eliminated in the Round of 64 by underdog Lehigh.
To read USA Today’s report in its entirety, click here.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)