May 17, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
While much of the sports world was focused on “The Decision” during the summer of 2010, there was also the question of whether or not Michigan State head coach Tim Izzo would take a job in the NBA.
How close Izzo was to becoming the Cleveland Cavaliers’ head coach is something that only those within the process will know, but at this point it’s highly unlikely he tries his hand at coaching in the NBA.
Izzo was a guest on the WOOD-TV (Grand Rapids, MI) show “Eight West” on Wednesday, where topics such as the NBA and politics came up.
While neither of those jobs may be for him, it seems like he wouldn’t mind working in the television industry once his coaching career ends.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires