May 18, 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
As reported by Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv 2013 wing Troy Williams (Phoebus, VA) has expanded his list to six schools.
Earlier in the spring it was thought that Williams would be ready to make his decision in late April, but he decided to hold off on verbally committing to either Kentucky or North Carolina.
Those two schools have been joined on Williams’ by Florida, Georgetown, Louisville and South Carolina.
Troy’s a slender, highly-skilled prospect who is more than capable of having a major impact wherever he decides to attend college. His uncle, famed AAU coach Boo Williams, is helping with the recruiting process.
As far as Louisville, Troy Williams said, ” Coach Rick Pitino is a really good coach. I get along with him well. They play uptempo and fast.”
On South Carolina and new coach Frank Martin, Williams said: “They play uptempo and fast and I get along with Coach Martin.”
On Florida, Williams said: “Talking with Coach [Billy] Donovan, we get along well. He told me what my weak areas were and I gotta work on them. He knows I can knock down a shot but I’m changing up my shots. I gotta shoot the same way every time.”
On Georgetown, “They have a real good coach [John Thompson III] and a real good system.”
Williams stated in the interview that the six schools are currently even. He’s also one of the 2013 players who will take part in the USA U-18 tryout camp next month.
Photo credit: Diane Matthews/Newport News Daily Press
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights