May 18, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- As we noted a few days ago, Creighton’s non-conference schedule next season is looking rather lackluster. No BCS-conference team wants to schedule a home-and-home series with them, and they weren’t given a marquee matchup in the MWC/MVC Showdown. But The White & Blue Review makes a good suggestion: The Blue Jays should try to schedule VCU. A December showdown between the Rams and Blue Jays would be arguably one of the biggest mid-major non-conference games of the season
- But Creighton isn’t the only mid-major power struggling to schedule a strong non-conference slate. Murray State is having issues too. But again, not very many big-time teams want to travel off the beaten path to take on Isiah Canaan and company
- The Colonial Athletic Association continues to crumble as Old Dominion officially announced they will be joining Conference-USA. What does the demise of the CAA mean for the Dukes of JMU?
- Dana O’Neil says that the CAA needs to do the right thing, which is to help the student-athletes
- So let me get this straight. SMU gains all this PR and media attention for hiring Larry Brown (Who, by the way, already reeled in two quality transfers) then they decide to nuke it all by firing their athletic director? Interesting move to say the least
- Lorie Fine came out swinging against ESPN, and the World Wide Leader does not look to be backing down at all
- Fran Fraschilla ranks the recruiting classes based of instant impact potential
- Myron Medcalf ranks the top incoming freshman based on instant impact potential
- Who are the ten biggest Pac-12 recruiting busts in the past ten years? Pacific Takes has your answers
- Baylor and Mississippi State have agreed to call off the two remaining non-conference games against each other. Speaking of Mississippi State, Dee Bost continues to befuddle the mind with odd NBA draft activity
- Mike Huguenin continues his preview of BCS-conference newcomers. Today he breaks down the fresh blood in the Big Ten
- CBS blogger Jeff Borzello (who, BTW, looks like he’s in 9th grade in his headshot) compiled a list of the ten best high school players since LeBron James. This list comes on the heels of Sports Illustrated’s recent cover featuring high school star Jabari Parker. The top player in the class of 2013 is Mormon, which may derail some thoughts about the “one and done” possibility
- UConn’s Shabazz Napier is never one to mince words. The rising junior spoke out about the exodus from Storrs and the NCAA ban
- With Texas A&M and Missouri entering the SEC, the always entertaining rivalry between Tennessee and Kentucky could see some unwanted changed
- Virginia Tech has finally released Montrezl Harrell from his LOI after a week of back and forth. Kentucky seems to be the clubhouse leader for his services at this point
- Despite popular opinion, the new early entry deadline actually benefited a few schools, like Oregon State, who was able to quickly land a recruit to fill the shoes of Draft-bound Jared Cunningham
- Highly touted point guard recruit Jaquan Lyles is being recruited by Nebraska……for football?
- A high school basketball referee in Kentucky was convicted on two counts of trafficking a controlled substance. For once, the refs were actually getting paid
- Finally, some footage of what Anthony Davis would look like without his trademark “unibrow”
Nov 25, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
The former national champion still has the touch.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
The Barclays Center Classic doubleheader will air on Friday night on NBC Sports Network.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
The Friars could be depleted on the perimeter against two tough opponents.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:24 PM EST
Minnesota will take a hit to its back court with this suspension.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
I hope his joke doesn’t make people ignore the fact the he really felt bad about this.
Nov 25, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
We get some good gauge games on Tuesday night.
Nov 25, 2014, 1:18 PM EST
Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor are near the top, but the rest of the top five may surprise you.
Nov 25, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
Benjamin hurt his ankle against Michigan.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Jason McManamen is trying to prove Billy Hoyle and Sidney Dean wrong.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Michigan was dominated on the glass, but the freshman forward stepped up to ice the victory.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Can a team that runs a pressing system truly be one of the nations elite?
Late Night Snacks: San Diego State and BYU engage in double OT thriller; Nova, Zona earn big wins; Indiana upset at home
Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
A busy night of tournament and non-conference action in college hoops made for some big wins for Villanova and Arizona and a home loss for Indiana.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:51 PM EST
We knew Iowa State had a lot of offensive weapons, but with the return of some key rotation players the Cyclones look really tough.
No. 6 Louisville jumps out to 29-0 lead, holds Savannah State scoreless for nearly 16 minutes in easy win
Nov 24, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Louisville’s defense took it up a notch against Savannah State.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Tennessee is losing an assistant coach as a NCAA investigation into head coach Donnie Tyndall’s time at Southern Mississippi continues.
Nov 24, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
No. 3 Arizona held off Missouri the whole game and cruised to a double-digit win in Maui.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
After spending some time in the hospital battling pneumonia, legendary coach Jerry Tarkanian is leaving the hospital.
Nov 24, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Florida Gulf Coast suspended a key player for three games on Monday.
Nov 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Baylor lost a commitment from a 2015 guard.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
Jerian Grant was dominant in the final 12 minutes against Providence.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)