May 18, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- As we noted a few days ago, Creighton’s non-conference schedule next season is looking rather lackluster. No BCS-conference team wants to schedule a home-and-home series with them, and they weren’t given a marquee matchup in the MWC/MVC Showdown. But The White & Blue Review makes a good suggestion: The Blue Jays should try to schedule VCU. A December showdown between the Rams and Blue Jays would be arguably one of the biggest mid-major non-conference games of the season
– But Creighton isn’t the only mid-major power struggling to schedule a strong non-conference slate. Murray State is having issues too. But again, not very many big-time teams want to travel off the beaten path to take on Isiah Canaan and company
– The Colonial Athletic Association continues to crumble as Old Dominion officially announced they will be joining Conference-USA. What does the demise of the CAA mean for the Dukes of JMU?
– Dana O’Neil says that the CAA needs to do the right thing, which is to help the student-athletes
– So let me get this straight. SMU gains all this PR and media attention for hiring Larry Brown (Who, by the way, already reeled in two quality transfers) then they decide to nuke it all by firing their athletic director? Interesting move to say the least
– Lorie Fine came out swinging against ESPN, and the World Wide Leader does not look to be backing down at all
– Fran Fraschilla ranks the recruiting classes based of instant impact potential
– Myron Medcalf ranks the top incoming freshman based on instant impact potential
– Who are the ten biggest Pac-12 recruiting busts in the past ten years? Pacific Takes has your answers
– Baylor and Mississippi State have agreed to call off the two remaining non-conference games against each other. Speaking of Mississippi State, Dee Bost continues to befuddle the mind with odd NBA draft activity
– Mike Huguenin continues his preview of BCS-conference newcomers. Today he breaks down the fresh blood in the Big Ten
– CBS blogger Jeff Borzello (who, BTW, looks like he’s in 9th grade in his headshot) compiled a list of the ten best high school players since LeBron James. This list comes on the heels of Sports Illustrated’s recent cover featuring high school star Jabari Parker. The top player in the class of 2013 is Mormon, which may derail some thoughts about the “one and done” possibility
– UConn’s Shabazz Napier is never one to mince words. The rising junior spoke out about the exodus from Storrs and the NCAA ban
– With Texas A&M and Missouri entering the SEC, the always entertaining rivalry between Tennessee and Kentucky could see some unwanted changed
– Virginia Tech has finally released Montrezl Harrell from his LOI after a week of back and forth. Kentucky seems to be the clubhouse leader for his services at this point
– Despite popular opinion, the new early entry deadline actually benefited a few schools, like Oregon State, who was able to quickly land a recruit to fill the shoes of Draft-bound Jared Cunningham
– Highly touted point guard recruit Jaquan Lyles is being recruited by Nebraska……for football?
– A high school basketball referee in Kentucky was convicted on two counts of trafficking a controlled substance. For once, the refs were actually getting paid
– Finally, some footage of what Anthony Davis would look like without his trademark “unibrow”
Tourney Snacks: Kentucky, Notre Dame win in Midwest; Arizona, Wisconsin advance to set up Elite Eight rematch
Mar 27, 2015, 1:45 AM EDT
The Elite Eight will feature a rematch in the West Regional between Arizona and Wisconsin and Kentucky battling Notre Dame in the Midwest Regional.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s win also means that the Big 12 is down to one team: Oklahoma.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Arizona played slightly better on both ends of the floor in the second half, and they’ll take on No. 1 Wisconsin as a result.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:48 AM EDT
If you are going to talk, you better be able to back it up
Mar 27, 2015, 12:19 AM EDT
The schedule for Saturday has been released.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:11 AM EDT
Jalen Reynolds dunks everything he gets his hands on, it seems.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
No. 1 Kentucky looked completely dominant in an easy win over No. 5 West Virginia.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
This is nasty.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
After Dekker scored 15 points in the first half, Kaminksy scored 15 in the second half for the Badgers.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
It’s Notre Dame’s first Elite 8 since 1979.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
New Mexico is losing a wing.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Dukes averaged 2.1 points in 7.2 minutes of action per game.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
Josh Jackson, the No. 1 player in the Class of 2016, is down to nine schools.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT
Adam Smith averaged a team-high 13.4 points per game as a redshirt junior.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:13 PM EDT
This is a strong stance from the NCAA.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
Dean Smith was unique, that is for sure.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Here is the schedule for the Sweet 16
Mar 26, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Will Tyndall be able to survive the investigation?
Mar 26, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Archie Miller is one of the hottest names in coaching, and Dayton is trying to keep him around as long as possible.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Xavier’s reached the Sweet 16 in five of the last eight seasons, but is there a point where that won’t be good enough?
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)