May 18, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- As we noted a few days ago, Creighton’s non-conference schedule next season is looking rather lackluster. No BCS-conference team wants to schedule a home-and-home series with them, and they weren’t given a marquee matchup in the MWC/MVC Showdown. But The White & Blue Review makes a good suggestion: The Blue Jays should try to schedule VCU. A December showdown between the Rams and Blue Jays would be arguably one of the biggest mid-major non-conference games of the season
- But Creighton isn’t the only mid-major power struggling to schedule a strong non-conference slate. Murray State is having issues too. But again, not very many big-time teams want to travel off the beaten path to take on Isiah Canaan and company
- The Colonial Athletic Association continues to crumble as Old Dominion officially announced they will be joining Conference-USA. What does the demise of the CAA mean for the Dukes of JMU?
- Dana O’Neil says that the CAA needs to do the right thing, which is to help the student-athletes
- So let me get this straight. SMU gains all this PR and media attention for hiring Larry Brown (Who, by the way, already reeled in two quality transfers) then they decide to nuke it all by firing their athletic director? Interesting move to say the least
- Lorie Fine came out swinging against ESPN, and the World Wide Leader does not look to be backing down at all
- Fran Fraschilla ranks the recruiting classes based of instant impact potential
- Myron Medcalf ranks the top incoming freshman based on instant impact potential
- Who are the ten biggest Pac-12 recruiting busts in the past ten years? Pacific Takes has your answers
- Baylor and Mississippi State have agreed to call off the two remaining non-conference games against each other. Speaking of Mississippi State, Dee Bost continues to befuddle the mind with odd NBA draft activity
- Mike Huguenin continues his preview of BCS-conference newcomers. Today he breaks down the fresh blood in the Big Ten
- CBS blogger Jeff Borzello (who, BTW, looks like he’s in 9th grade in his headshot) compiled a list of the ten best high school players since LeBron James. This list comes on the heels of Sports Illustrated’s recent cover featuring high school star Jabari Parker. The top player in the class of 2013 is Mormon, which may derail some thoughts about the “one and done” possibility
- UConn’s Shabazz Napier is never one to mince words. The rising junior spoke out about the exodus from Storrs and the NCAA ban
- With Texas A&M and Missouri entering the SEC, the always entertaining rivalry between Tennessee and Kentucky could see some unwanted changed
- Virginia Tech has finally released Montrezl Harrell from his LOI after a week of back and forth. Kentucky seems to be the clubhouse leader for his services at this point
- Despite popular opinion, the new early entry deadline actually benefited a few schools, like Oregon State, who was able to quickly land a recruit to fill the shoes of Draft-bound Jared Cunningham
- Highly touted point guard recruit Jaquan Lyles is being recruited by Nebraska……for football?
- A high school basketball referee in Kentucky was convicted on two counts of trafficking a controlled substance. For once, the refs were actually getting paid
- Finally, some footage of what Anthony Davis would look like without his trademark “unibrow”
Aug 27, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
One of the three remaining schools for Henry Ellenson added his older brother to the program in the spring.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Markus Howard decides to remain in the “Valley of the Sun” for college.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
NBC Sports Network will broadcast 33 Atlantic 10 games.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
While there are still some non-conference schedules to complete, the ACC conference schedule is loaded with quality matchups.
Aug 27, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
Zylan Cheatham joins fellow freshman Malik Pope on the sidelines, with the latter still working to rehab a leg he broke twice while in high school.
Aug 27, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
With their two finalists having removed their names from consideration, the College of Charleston is back to square one in its search for a new head coach.
Aug 27, 2014, 5:09 PM EDT
Non-Power 5 programs will be allowed to do just that.
Aug 27, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
Shaw becomes the fourth Bradley front court player in the news this summer.
Aug 27, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
The top two is not a surprise. It gets interesting after that.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
He’s broached the subject a number of times this summer.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
At this point, comparing the two is unfair to Irvin.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
It may not be surprising, then, to hear that their new head coach is a product of Shaka Smart’s VCU staff.
Aug 27, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Richard Pitino had five recruits scheduled to join the program.
Aug 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The College of Charleston is looking to replace Doug Wojcik, who was fired on Aug. 5.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
This is the first commit in the Beavers’ Class of 2015.
Aug 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The 6-foot-10 big man was dismissed from Missouri on April 10.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Some of the best high school players in the country appeared in Elite 24 this weekend in Brooklyn.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Dayton adds depth to its point guard position for the 2014-2015 season.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
The younger brother of Enes Kanter will join the favorite to win the Horizon League.
Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Porter Moser’s team should still take a step forward in the Missouri Valley.
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)