May 19, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
Coming off of a 5-point, 2-for-13 shooting night in the Miami Heat’s Game 3 loss to the Indiana Pacers, it seems guard Dwyane Wade might have needed something to get him back on track, and he may have found it.
On Friday, Wade visited Bloomington, Ind., to check in with his former coach, Indiana’s Tom Crean.
Crean coached Wade at Marquette, a team that reached the Final Four in 2002-03. Wade averaged 21.5 points per game that season and was drafted in that year’s draft, fifth overall to the Heat.
The two have reportedly remained close since Wade’s decision to go pro, while Crean continued at Marquette and eventually moved to Indiana.
Wade has been photographed working out in Indiana shorts and the two continue to speak on a regular basis.
Wade has not shot well from the field in the series against Indiana, despite scoring 29 points in Game 1 and 24 points in Game 2, before his rough outing in Game 3.
The Heat take on the Pacers in Game 4 on Sunday. The Pacers lead the series 2-1. The winner is set to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals to take on the winner of the Boston Celtics-Philadelphia 76ers series.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)