May 19, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
Coming off of a 5-point, 2-for-13 shooting night in the Miami Heat’s Game 3 loss to the Indiana Pacers, it seems guard Dwyane Wade might have needed something to get him back on track, and he may have found it.
On Friday, Wade visited Bloomington, Ind., to check in with his former coach, Indiana’s Tom Crean.
Crean coached Wade at Marquette, a team that reached the Final Four in 2002-03. Wade averaged 21.5 points per game that season and was drafted in that year’s draft, fifth overall to the Heat.
The two have reportedly remained close since Wade’s decision to go pro, while Crean continued at Marquette and eventually moved to Indiana.
Wade has been photographed working out in Indiana shorts and the two continue to speak on a regular basis.
Wade has not shot well from the field in the series against Indiana, despite scoring 29 points in Game 1 and 24 points in Game 2, before his rough outing in Game 3.
The Heat take on the Pacers in Game 4 on Sunday. The Pacers lead the series 2-1. The winner is set to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals to take on the winner of the Boston Celtics-Philadelphia 76ers series.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)