May 19, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving only spent one season at Duke, but, after being drafted first overall in the 2011 NBA draft and winning the Rookie of the Year award, he seems to be a centerpiece of the Cleveland franchise.
The next phase in Irving’s career, though, might be as an old man. In a new Pepsi marketing campaign, Irving dresses as an old guy, named “Uncle Drew,” shows up to a playground in his native New Jersey, and lets the unexpecting players have it.
Check out the spot below:
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)