May 19, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving only spent one season at Duke, but, after being drafted first overall in the 2011 NBA draft and winning the Rookie of the Year award, he seems to be a centerpiece of the Cleveland franchise.
The next phase in Irving’s career, though, might be as an old man. In a new Pepsi marketing campaign, Irving dresses as an old guy, named “Uncle Drew,” shows up to a playground in his native New Jersey, and lets the unexpecting players have it.
Check out the spot below:
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)