May 19, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving only spent one season at Duke, but, after being drafted first overall in the 2011 NBA draft and winning the Rookie of the Year award, he seems to be a centerpiece of the Cleveland franchise.
The next phase in Irving’s career, though, might be as an old man. In a new Pepsi marketing campaign, Irving dresses as an old guy, named “Uncle Drew,” shows up to a playground in his native New Jersey, and lets the unexpecting players have it.
Check out the spot below:
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)