May 19, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving only spent one season at Duke, but, after being drafted first overall in the 2011 NBA draft and winning the Rookie of the Year award, he seems to be a centerpiece of the Cleveland franchise.
The next phase in Irving’s career, though, might be as an old man. In a new Pepsi marketing campaign, Irving dresses as an old guy, named “Uncle Drew,” shows up to a playground in his native New Jersey, and lets the unexpecting players have it.
Check out the spot below:
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)