May 19, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving only spent one season at Duke, but, after being drafted first overall in the 2011 NBA draft and winning the Rookie of the Year award, he seems to be a centerpiece of the Cleveland franchise.
The next phase in Irving’s career, though, might be as an old man. In a new Pepsi marketing campaign, Irving dresses as an old guy, named “Uncle Drew,” shows up to a playground in his native New Jersey, and lets the unexpecting players have it.
Check out the spot below:
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)