May 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
UNLV has recruited some athletes in its past, and that trend should continue with 6-8 swingman Demetris Morant. More evidence came on Saturday.
According to Tristan Aird of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Morant won the Nevada 4A State high jump at 6 feet, 10 inches.
Morant is a two-star prospect out of Bishop Gorman (Nev.), having played alongside top-rated prospect Shabazz Muhammad in high school.
Need proof of his hops? Check out his AAU dunk here.
Morant is part of a strong recruiting class for UNLV in 2012, led by newly signed Findlay Prep (Nev.) big man Anthony Bennett. In addition, the Rebels have signed Katin Reinhardt of Mater Dei (Calif.), DaQuan Cook of Baltimore, and Pittsburgh transfer Khem Birch, who will be eligible in the second semester.
The Rebels finished 26-9 last season, losing in the Round of 64 to Colorado. They will be returning forward Mike Moser, who led the team in scoring and rebounding last season.
Photo courtesy of OregonLive.com.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)