May 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
UNLV has recruited some athletes in its past, and that trend should continue with 6-8 swingman Demetris Morant. More evidence came on Saturday.
According to Tristan Aird of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Morant won the Nevada 4A State high jump at 6 feet, 10 inches.
Morant is a two-star prospect out of Bishop Gorman (Nev.), having played alongside top-rated prospect Shabazz Muhammad in high school.
Need proof of his hops? Check out his AAU dunk here.
Morant is part of a strong recruiting class for UNLV in 2012, led by newly signed Findlay Prep (Nev.) big man Anthony Bennett. In addition, the Rebels have signed Katin Reinhardt of Mater Dei (Calif.), DaQuan Cook of Baltimore, and Pittsburgh transfer Khem Birch, who will be eligible in the second semester.
The Rebels finished 26-9 last season, losing in the Round of 64 to Colorado. They will be returning forward Mike Moser, who led the team in scoring and rebounding last season.
Photo courtesy of OregonLive.com.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0