May 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
UNLV has recruited some athletes in its past, and that trend should continue with 6-8 swingman Demetris Morant. More evidence came on Saturday.
According to Tristan Aird of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Morant won the Nevada 4A State high jump at 6 feet, 10 inches.
Morant is a two-star prospect out of Bishop Gorman (Nev.), having played alongside top-rated prospect Shabazz Muhammad in high school.
Need proof of his hops? Check out his AAU dunk here.
Morant is part of a strong recruiting class for UNLV in 2012, led by newly signed Findlay Prep (Nev.) big man Anthony Bennett. In addition, the Rebels have signed Katin Reinhardt of Mater Dei (Calif.), DaQuan Cook of Baltimore, and Pittsburgh transfer Khem Birch, who will be eligible in the second semester.
The Rebels finished 26-9 last season, losing in the Round of 64 to Colorado. They will be returning forward Mike Moser, who led the team in scoring and rebounding last season.
Photo courtesy of OregonLive.com.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)