May 20, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
According to finances filed by Syracuse University, Jim Boeheim saw a 33% pay raise in 2010, making his total compensation $1.9 million.
It stands as an interesting contrast to some other high-major coaches, as a report last week from USA Today showed that Louisville head coach Rick Pitino was the highest-paid in college basketball during that time, pulling in $8.9 million. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski made a total of $7.2 million.
The Orange finished 34-3 this past season, losing to Ohio State in the Elite Eight to Ohio State.
Going by the 2010 numbers, that would mean Boeheim earned $55,882 per win last season, compared to $296,666 for Pitino and $266,666 for Coach K.
Boeheim also endured a difficult season off the court, beginning with the allegations against and firing of his long-time assistant Bernie Fine, who was accused of sexually abusing children, followed by a controversy about player drug testing on his watch, and the academic ineligibility of star center Fab Melo.
The Orange will be losing Dion Waiters, Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph, and Melo next season, but will be reloading with high school talent that includes big man DeJuan Coleman and swingman Jerami Grant.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)