May 20, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
According to finances filed by Syracuse University, Jim Boeheim saw a 33% pay raise in 2010, making his total compensation $1.9 million.
It stands as an interesting contrast to some other high-major coaches, as a report last week from USA Today showed that Louisville head coach Rick Pitino was the highest-paid in college basketball during that time, pulling in $8.9 million. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski made a total of $7.2 million.
The Orange finished 34-3 this past season, losing to Ohio State in the Elite Eight to Ohio State.
Going by the 2010 numbers, that would mean Boeheim earned $55,882 per win last season, compared to $296,666 for Pitino and $266,666 for Coach K.
Boeheim also endured a difficult season off the court, beginning with the allegations against and firing of his long-time assistant Bernie Fine, who was accused of sexually abusing children, followed by a controversy about player drug testing on his watch, and the academic ineligibility of star center Fab Melo.
The Orange will be losing Dion Waiters, Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph, and Melo next season, but will be reloading with high school talent that includes big man DeJuan Coleman and swingman Jerami Grant.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)