May 20, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
According to finances filed by Syracuse University, Jim Boeheim saw a 33% pay raise in 2010, making his total compensation $1.9 million.
It stands as an interesting contrast to some other high-major coaches, as a report last week from USA Today showed that Louisville head coach Rick Pitino was the highest-paid in college basketball during that time, pulling in $8.9 million. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski made a total of $7.2 million.
The Orange finished 34-3 this past season, losing to Ohio State in the Elite Eight to Ohio State.
Going by the 2010 numbers, that would mean Boeheim earned $55,882 per win last season, compared to $296,666 for Pitino and $266,666 for Coach K.
Boeheim also endured a difficult season off the court, beginning with the allegations against and firing of his long-time assistant Bernie Fine, who was accused of sexually abusing children, followed by a controversy about player drug testing on his watch, and the academic ineligibility of star center Fab Melo.
The Orange will be losing Dion Waiters, Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph, and Melo next season, but will be reloading with high school talent that includes big man DeJuan Coleman and swingman Jerami Grant.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners