May 21, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
After securing a three-man recruiting class for 2012, John Thompson III has grabbed his first player from 2013, St. Ignatius forward Stephen Domingo, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
The 6-7, 200-pound Domingo averaged 15.4 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 3.8 assists in 2010-11 and was named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team.
“It’s a really difficult decision,” Domingo told ESPN. “The part about leaving home isn’t as difficult but the part where you know where your parents won’t be there. That’s tough but I know the school has my back and that’s what I felt with Georgetown.”
Domingo is considered a Top 35 prospect, giving Georgetown an elite-level shooter and length at the forward position. He was named to the San Francisco Chronicle All-Metro Team in 2011.
He was also considering Stanford, UCLA, and Harvard.
Georgetown finished last season with an overall record of 24-9, including 12-6 in the Big East. The Hoyas lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to NC State.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)