May 21, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
After securing a three-man recruiting class for 2012, John Thompson III has grabbed his first player from 2013, St. Ignatius forward Stephen Domingo, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
The 6-7, 200-pound Domingo averaged 15.4 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 3.8 assists in 2010-11 and was named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team.
“It’s a really difficult decision,” Domingo told ESPN. “The part about leaving home isn’t as difficult but the part where you know where your parents won’t be there. That’s tough but I know the school has my back and that’s what I felt with Georgetown.”
Domingo is considered a Top 35 prospect, giving Georgetown an elite-level shooter and length at the forward position. He was named to the San Francisco Chronicle All-Metro Team in 2011.
He was also considering Stanford, UCLA, and Harvard.
Georgetown finished last season with an overall record of 24-9, including 12-6 in the Big East. The Hoyas lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to NC State.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)