May 21, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
After securing a three-man recruiting class for 2012, John Thompson III has grabbed his first player from 2013, St. Ignatius forward Stephen Domingo, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
The 6-7, 200-pound Domingo averaged 15.4 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 3.8 assists in 2010-11 and was named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team.
“It’s a really difficult decision,” Domingo told ESPN. “The part about leaving home isn’t as difficult but the part where you know where your parents won’t be there. That’s tough but I know the school has my back and that’s what I felt with Georgetown.”
Domingo is considered a Top 35 prospect, giving Georgetown an elite-level shooter and length at the forward position. He was named to the San Francisco Chronicle All-Metro Team in 2011.
He was also considering Stanford, UCLA, and Harvard.
Georgetown finished last season with an overall record of 24-9, including 12-6 in the Big East. The Hoyas lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to NC State.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)