May 21, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
After securing a three-man recruiting class for 2012, John Thompson III has grabbed his first player from 2013, St. Ignatius forward Stephen Domingo, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
The 6-7, 200-pound Domingo averaged 15.4 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 3.8 assists in 2010-11 and was named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team.
“It’s a really difficult decision,” Domingo told ESPN. “The part about leaving home isn’t as difficult but the part where you know where your parents won’t be there. That’s tough but I know the school has my back and that’s what I felt with Georgetown.”
Domingo is considered a Top 35 prospect, giving Georgetown an elite-level shooter and length at the forward position. He was named to the San Francisco Chronicle All-Metro Team in 2011.
He was also considering Stanford, UCLA, and Harvard.
Georgetown finished last season with an overall record of 24-9, including 12-6 in the Big East. The Hoyas lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to NC State.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)