May 21, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
After securing a three-man recruiting class for 2012, John Thompson III has grabbed his first player from 2013, St. Ignatius forward Stephen Domingo, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
The 6-7, 200-pound Domingo averaged 15.4 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 3.8 assists in 2010-11 and was named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team.
“It’s a really difficult decision,” Domingo told ESPN. “The part about leaving home isn’t as difficult but the part where you know where your parents won’t be there. That’s tough but I know the school has my back and that’s what I felt with Georgetown.”
Domingo is considered a Top 35 prospect, giving Georgetown an elite-level shooter and length at the forward position. He was named to the San Francisco Chronicle All-Metro Team in 2011.
He was also considering Stanford, UCLA, and Harvard.
Georgetown finished last season with an overall record of 24-9, including 12-6 in the Big East. The Hoyas lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to NC State.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)