May 22, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Yesterday marked the one-year “anniversary” of the devastating tornadoes that struck Joplin, Missouri. Rob Dauster and I had the privilege to stop in Joplin during our #BIAHroadtrip in January. Here is our story from the experience of a lifetime. If you read just one thing today, make sure it is this
- No disrespect to our very own Rob Dauster (Yes, the same Rob Dauster I just promoted in the above link), but this is the most unoriginal and regurgitated headline I’ve ever seen. It’s a good read, but the headline leaves much to be desired. Matt Norlander on the other hand, goes wildly out of control with his expansion-related headline
- Andy Katz tries to determine what’s next for the CAA. Apparently the conference is thinking about adding Davidson and College of Charleston, which would be solid additions for the strong mid-major basketball conference
- according to Spencer Hall, the Big East is dead, and here is it’s epitaph
- In case you didn’t already know, Jeff Eisenberg is unquestionably the best blogger in college basketball. Why you ask? because nobody else covers the in’s and out’s like him. Who else has a story on the childhood home of James Naismith going up for sale?
- Former-Marquette and UNLV forward Reggie Smith is on the move once again
- Mike Huguenin takes a look at the SEC newcomers that we should all watch out for next season
- Bradley director of basketball operations Patrick Beilein, the son of Michigan head coach Jon Beilein, has been named the head coach at West Virginia Wesleyan (DII)
- Dick Vitale’s most recent Gala raised more than $2-million for pancreatic cancer research. Again, you can dislike Dickie-V for his schtick, or his love for the classic institutions, but there is no denying that he is the best ambassador in the college basketball game
- Eamonn Brennan is wondering if Michigan will ever embrace the Fab Five?
- 6-6 small forward Stephen Domingo, a top-30 recruit in the class of 2013, committed to Georgetown yesterday
- Before his heroic game-four performance against the Indiana Pacers, Dwayne Wade made a visit to Bloomington to meet up with Tom Crean
- Notre Dame wants to stay in the Big East, says head coach Mike Brey. But if they don’t, the university has a contingency plan
- CBS has reached a multi-year agreement with ESPN to broadcast ACC, Big-12 and Pac-12 basketball games
- Long-time Pacific head coach Bob Thompson will retire at the end of next season
- John Calipari leaked some pictures of Kentucky’s new state-of-the-art basketball complex
- Hair gel and house music expert Jeff Borzello takes a look at what the ACC has to offer next season (NOTE: I’ve been informed that Jeff does not use hair gel. It’s pomade. Whatever that means)
- Stony Brook is making a major step in improve their overall profile by renovating their outdated arena. The Seawolves home court is not even the largest arena on campus, which they were forced to use for the A-East championship game because their home gym did not meet conference regulations
- Thanks to Syracuse’s PR-nightmare of a season, Jim Boeheim’s large raise went unnoticed
- Speaking of Syracuse, Laurie Fine has officially filed her libel lawsuit against ESPN
- Draft Express has all the measurements from the NBA draft combine
- Former-Valpo guard Jay Harris is transfering to Wagner
- Seton Hall reserve guard Sean Grennan will transfer to Fairfield
- Maryland got a nice backcourt replacement for Terell Stoglin in the form of Albany-transfer Logan Aaronhalt
- A nice top-10 list of the best centers in Michigan State basketball history
Oct 19, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Junior forward Mark Tollefsen may be one of the best dunkers in America.
Oct 19, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
Chris Jones’ three-pointer in the final seconds gave the White team a 75-72 win over the Red.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Evan Smotrycz was re-evaluated Saturday after suffering the injury at the end of practice Friday.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Johnson last played in live action on January 11, when he suffered a torn ACL in the Panthers’ loss to Virginia.
Oct 19, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
With three of their five seniors being front court players, Colorado State needs to add depth ahead of the 2015-16 season. Sunday’s commitment will help in this area.
Oct 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Alan Williams gets most of the attention nationally, but he won’t be alone as the Gauchos look to rebound from last year’s disappointing finish.
Oct 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
La Salle nabbed a talented combo guard.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
A more mobile Dakari Johnson could be a scary thought.
Oct 19, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
An entertaining regular season was followed by a wild conference tournament in 2013-14. Will that once again be the case?
Oct 19, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Purdue is in the unique position of having two talented centers on the roster.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Freshman wing Sam Logwood of New Mexico can get up.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
With Texas Tech’s top two guards being upperclassmen, C.J. Williamson’s commitment is an important one for the program.
Oct 19, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson led the victorious Red team with 13 points, and Stanley Johnson scored a game-high 17 to lead the Blue team.
Oct 18, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Southwest Tennessee CC transfer Chris Hawkins showed off his jumping ability in winning the dunk contest at Memphis Madness.
Oct 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Michigan State’s played in many different places throughout Izzo tenure, but they’ve yet to visit The Palestra.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
UConn showed off its new trophies while also paying homage to some former greats during their annual preseason event Friday night.
Oct 18, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Arkansas, Iowa State, Rutgers and Washington remain in contention for 6-foot-9 Malik Dime.
Oct 18, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Meiko Lyles’ departure means that one of Columbia’s other supplementary pieces will need to step forward.
Oct 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Trayvon Reed will have to wait until December to continue his legal proceedings..
Oct 18, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Both Bernard Thompson and Brett Comer started all three games for Florida Gulf Coast during the 2013 Sweet 16 run. After a one-year hiatus, the Dunk City duo want back in the field of 68.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)