May 22, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- Yesterday marked the one-year “anniversary” of the devastating tornadoes that struck Joplin, Missouri. Rob Dauster and I had the privilege to stop in Joplin during our #BIAHroadtrip in January. Here is our story from the experience of a lifetime. If you read just one thing today, make sure it is this
- No disrespect to our very own Rob Dauster (Yes, the same Rob Dauster I just promoted in the above link), but this is the most unoriginal and regurgitated headline I’ve ever seen. It’s a good read, but the headline leaves much to be desired. Matt Norlander on the other hand, goes wildly out of control with his expansion-related headline
- Andy Katz tries to determine what’s next for the CAA. Apparently the conference is thinking about adding Davidson and College of Charleston, which would be solid additions for the strong mid-major basketball conference
- according to Spencer Hall, the Big East is dead, and here is it’s epitaph
- In case you didn’t already know, Jeff Eisenberg is unquestionably the best blogger in college basketball. Why you ask? because nobody else covers the in’s and out’s like him. Who else has a story on the childhood home of James Naismith going up for sale?
- Former-Marquette and UNLV forward Reggie Smith is on the move once again
- Mike Huguenin takes a look at the SEC newcomers that we should all watch out for next season
- Bradley director of basketball operations Patrick Beilein, the son of Michigan head coach Jon Beilein, has been named the head coach at West Virginia Wesleyan (DII)
- Dick Vitale’s most recent Gala raised more than $2-million for pancreatic cancer research. Again, you can dislike Dickie-V for his schtick, or his love for the classic institutions, but there is no denying that he is the best ambassador in the college basketball game
- Eamonn Brennan is wondering if Michigan will ever embrace the Fab Five?
- 6-6 small forward Stephen Domingo, a top-30 recruit in the class of 2013, committed to Georgetown yesterday
- Before his heroic game-four performance against the Indiana Pacers, Dwayne Wade made a visit to Bloomington to meet up with Tom Crean
- Notre Dame wants to stay in the Big East, says head coach Mike Brey. But if they don’t, the university has a contingency plan
- CBS has reached a multi-year agreement with ESPN to broadcast ACC, Big-12 and Pac-12 basketball games
- Long-time Pacific head coach Bob Thompson will retire at the end of next season
- John Calipari leaked some pictures of Kentucky’s new state-of-the-art basketball complex
- Hair gel and house music expert Jeff Borzello takes a look at what the ACC has to offer next season (NOTE: I’ve been informed that Jeff does not use hair gel. It’s pomade. Whatever that means)
- Stony Brook is making a major step in improve their overall profile by renovating their outdated arena. The Seawolves home court is not even the largest arena on campus, which they were forced to use for the A-East championship game because their home gym did not meet conference regulations
- Thanks to Syracuse’s PR-nightmare of a season, Jim Boeheim’s large raise went unnoticed
- Speaking of Syracuse, Laurie Fine has officially filed her libel lawsuit against ESPN
- Draft Express has all the measurements from the NBA draft combine
- Former-Valpo guard Jay Harris is transfering to Wagner
- Seton Hall reserve guard Sean Grennan will transfer to Fairfield
- Maryland got a nice backcourt replacement for Terell Stoglin in the form of Albany-transfer Logan Aaronhalt
- A nice top-10 list of the best centers in Michigan State basketball history
Nov 28, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Aaron Thomas and Devon Bookert both suffered injuries last weekend that have kept them sidelined.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:25 AM EST
Dez Wells made just five of his 20 field goal attempts against Iowa State. This injury may be the reason why.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:24 AM EST
Providence better focus on Yale and not get caught looking forward to their game at No. 1 Kentucky on Sunday.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:01 AM EST
North Carolina did a better job on the boards while also forcing 23 turnovers in their win over UCLA.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:53 PM EST
Penn State will return to the school’s original colors- black and pink- for their next two games.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:34 PM EST
This is hilarious.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Koenig and Dukan combined to score 18 points in the second half for the second-ranked Badgers.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Khwan Fore’s averaging 7.5 minutes per game in two appearances this season.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
This might have been the best feast week game of all time.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Perkins was kicked in the face by a Georgia player.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
It’s not just football that’s on today.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:14 AM EST
A lot is riding on this season for St. John’s. Can they consistently be the ‘grown up’ team they claimed to be on Wednesday night?
Nov 27, 2014, 3:07 AM EST
Two Big East teams made statements in the Bahamas, and No. 3 Arizona won the Maui Invitational.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:07 AM EST
Arizona scored 22 points off of 14 San Diego State turnovers, and that along with good foul shooting proved to be the difference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 AM EST
Georgetown committed 19 turnovers, but they shot 49 percent from the field and earned another quality win for the Big East.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Through five games Louisville is shooting 24-for-105 from three. They’ll need to shoot better than that when Ohio State visits next Tuesday.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Sir’Dominic Pointer picked off Minnesota center Elliot Eliason’s outlet pass and made the big man pay for his mistake.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Justin Reed was one of America East’s best guards in each of his first two seasons, but that hasn’t been the case in 2014-15.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
After launching 22 three-pointers in the first half, Oklahoma took a wiser approach to the offensive end of the floor as they outlasted No. 22 UCLA.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
It’s hard to put too much stake in one loss, but there are a couple of things from this game that we need to keep an eye on.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)