May 22, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- Yesterday marked the one-year “anniversary” of the devastating tornadoes that struck Joplin, Missouri. Rob Dauster and I had the privilege to stop in Joplin during our #BIAHroadtrip in January. Here is our story from the experience of a lifetime. If you read just one thing today, make sure it is this
- No disrespect to our very own Rob Dauster (Yes, the same Rob Dauster I just promoted in the above link), but this is the most unoriginal and regurgitated headline I’ve ever seen. It’s a good read, but the headline leaves much to be desired. Matt Norlander on the other hand, goes wildly out of control with his expansion-related headline
- Andy Katz tries to determine what’s next for the CAA. Apparently the conference is thinking about adding Davidson and College of Charleston, which would be solid additions for the strong mid-major basketball conference
- according to Spencer Hall, the Big East is dead, and here is it’s epitaph
- In case you didn’t already know, Jeff Eisenberg is unquestionably the best blogger in college basketball. Why you ask? because nobody else covers the in’s and out’s like him. Who else has a story on the childhood home of James Naismith going up for sale?
- Former-Marquette and UNLV forward Reggie Smith is on the move once again
- Mike Huguenin takes a look at the SEC newcomers that we should all watch out for next season
- Bradley director of basketball operations Patrick Beilein, the son of Michigan head coach Jon Beilein, has been named the head coach at West Virginia Wesleyan (DII)
- Dick Vitale’s most recent Gala raised more than $2-million for pancreatic cancer research. Again, you can dislike Dickie-V for his schtick, or his love for the classic institutions, but there is no denying that he is the best ambassador in the college basketball game
- Eamonn Brennan is wondering if Michigan will ever embrace the Fab Five?
- 6-6 small forward Stephen Domingo, a top-30 recruit in the class of 2013, committed to Georgetown yesterday
- Before his heroic game-four performance against the Indiana Pacers, Dwayne Wade made a visit to Bloomington to meet up with Tom Crean
- Notre Dame wants to stay in the Big East, says head coach Mike Brey. But if they don’t, the university has a contingency plan
- CBS has reached a multi-year agreement with ESPN to broadcast ACC, Big-12 and Pac-12 basketball games
- Long-time Pacific head coach Bob Thompson will retire at the end of next season
- John Calipari leaked some pictures of Kentucky’s new state-of-the-art basketball complex
- Hair gel and house music expert Jeff Borzello takes a look at what the ACC has to offer next season (NOTE: I’ve been informed that Jeff does not use hair gel. It’s pomade. Whatever that means)
- Stony Brook is making a major step in improve their overall profile by renovating their outdated arena. The Seawolves home court is not even the largest arena on campus, which they were forced to use for the A-East championship game because their home gym did not meet conference regulations
- Thanks to Syracuse’s PR-nightmare of a season, Jim Boeheim’s large raise went unnoticed
- Speaking of Syracuse, Laurie Fine has officially filed her libel lawsuit against ESPN
- Draft Express has all the measurements from the NBA draft combine
- Former-Valpo guard Jay Harris is transfering to Wagner
- Seton Hall reserve guard Sean Grennan will transfer to Fairfield
- Maryland got a nice backcourt replacement for Terell Stoglin in the form of Albany-transfer Logan Aaronhalt
- A nice top-10 list of the best centers in Michigan State basketball history
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Of Baylor’s five verbal commitments in the Class of 2015 four are guards, including their latest commit.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s on top, but who’s next in line?
Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
Syracuse’s men’s basketball and football programs are under investigation, with the stakes being higher for Jim Boeheim’s program.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Joshua Smith averaged 11.5 points per game before being ruled academically ineligible last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:49 PM EDT
Cam Payne became the star of Murray State as a freshman, but he wouldn’t have gotten there if he had a back up. Why?
Oct 23, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
The preseason favorites to win the Atlantic 10 added a new teammate Thursday.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
Shawn Lester averaged 11.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in the sixth man role last season.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hallice Cooke will have one hip operated on Monday, with the second surgery coming four weeks later.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Christian James joins Rashard Odomes and Akolda Manyang in Oklahoma’s 2015 haul.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
The OVC looks like a three-team race this season.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Nice work editing in the music.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
Who are the top 20 perimeters in the country this season?
Oct 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
This scandal will be a stain on North Carolina’s sports and academic programs for a long time.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
This is about as embarrassing as being POSTERIZED can get.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
The Shockers went to the Final Four in 2013 and undefeated in 2014. What is next for them?
Oct 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Cody Larson was South Dakotas Next Big Thing. He returned in infamy, but that has not stopped him from succeeding.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Wisconsin held its third annual “Shooting Down Cancer” event Wednesday, with their goal being to #MakeBoPay.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Austin Nichols is the reigning American Athletic Conference ROY, and sophomore Avery Woodson is expected to compete for minutes in a crowded by inexperienced backcourt.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Cezar Guerrero knocked down five straight from half-court during the team’s Red and White Hoops Night event Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Oregon didn’t have much depth to begin with due to various personnel issues, so Michael Chandler’s lingering knee problem is a major concern.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)