May 24, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
Troy Williams, a 2013 forward from Phoebus High School and Boo Williams AAU, will transfer to powerhouse Oak Hill (Va.), according to his mother’s Facebook page.
Williams recently took part in the Hoop Group Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, Va., where his Boo Williams team advanced to the semifinals of the tournament. Check out highlights of his performance here.
Oak Hill is renowned for its basketball prominence, having finished 44-0 and as the No. 1 team in the country. The Warriors were led by Tyler Lewis, an NC State signee, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, signed to Georgetown, and Jordan Adams, part of the strong recruiting class coming in at UCLA.
Williams has fluctuated in the 2013 rankings, of late, but is a solid Top 50 talent who will be a solid asset for the team he signs with.
He has a strong mid-range game and can extend out the perimeter, but his biggest asset is his athleticism. He plays well above the rim and is aggressive at the basket. In combination with lightning-quick point guard Anthony Barber with Boo Williams, the two ran the floor and finished in transition.
Williams recently trimmed his list to six: Florida, Georgetown, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)