May 24, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Troy Williams, a 2013 forward from Phoebus High School and Boo Williams AAU, will transfer to powerhouse Oak Hill (Va.), according to his mother’s Facebook page.
Williams recently took part in the Hoop Group Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, Va., where his Boo Williams team advanced to the semifinals of the tournament. Check out highlights of his performance here.
Oak Hill is renowned for its basketball prominence, having finished 44-0 and as the No. 1 team in the country. The Warriors were led by Tyler Lewis, an NC State signee, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, signed to Georgetown, and Jordan Adams, part of the strong recruiting class coming in at UCLA.
Williams has fluctuated in the 2013 rankings, of late, but is a solid Top 50 talent who will be a solid asset for the team he signs with.
He has a strong mid-range game and can extend out the perimeter, but his biggest asset is his athleticism. He plays well above the rim and is aggressive at the basket. In combination with lightning-quick point guard Anthony Barber with Boo Williams, the two ran the floor and finished in transition.
Williams recently trimmed his list to six: Florida, Georgetown, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)