May 24, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Troy Williams, a 2013 forward from Phoebus High School and Boo Williams AAU, will transfer to powerhouse Oak Hill (Va.), according to his mother’s Facebook page.
Williams recently took part in the Hoop Group Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, Va., where his Boo Williams team advanced to the semifinals of the tournament. Check out highlights of his performance here.
Oak Hill is renowned for its basketball prominence, having finished 44-0 and as the No. 1 team in the country. The Warriors were led by Tyler Lewis, an NC State signee, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, signed to Georgetown, and Jordan Adams, part of the strong recruiting class coming in at UCLA.
Williams has fluctuated in the 2013 rankings, of late, but is a solid Top 50 talent who will be a solid asset for the team he signs with.
He has a strong mid-range game and can extend out the perimeter, but his biggest asset is his athleticism. He plays well above the rim and is aggressive at the basket. In combination with lightning-quick point guard Anthony Barber with Boo Williams, the two ran the floor and finished in transition.
Williams recently trimmed his list to six: Florida, Georgetown, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)