May 24, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Troy Williams, a 2013 forward from Phoebus High School and Boo Williams AAU, will transfer to powerhouse Oak Hill (Va.), according to his mother’s Facebook page.
Williams recently took part in the Hoop Group Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, Va., where his Boo Williams team advanced to the semifinals of the tournament. Check out highlights of his performance here.
Oak Hill is renowned for its basketball prominence, having finished 44-0 and as the No. 1 team in the country. The Warriors were led by Tyler Lewis, an NC State signee, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, signed to Georgetown, and Jordan Adams, part of the strong recruiting class coming in at UCLA.
Williams has fluctuated in the 2013 rankings, of late, but is a solid Top 50 talent who will be a solid asset for the team he signs with.
He has a strong mid-range game and can extend out the perimeter, but his biggest asset is his athleticism. He plays well above the rim and is aggressive at the basket. In combination with lightning-quick point guard Anthony Barber with Boo Williams, the two ran the floor and finished in transition.
Williams recently trimmed his list to six: Florida, Georgetown, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)