May 24, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Troy Williams, a 2013 forward from Phoebus High School and Boo Williams AAU, will transfer to powerhouse Oak Hill (Va.), according to his mother’s Facebook page.
Williams recently took part in the Hoop Group Southern Jam Fest in Hampton, Va., where his Boo Williams team advanced to the semifinals of the tournament. Check out highlights of his performance here.
Oak Hill is renowned for its basketball prominence, having finished 44-0 and as the No. 1 team in the country. The Warriors were led by Tyler Lewis, an NC State signee, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, signed to Georgetown, and Jordan Adams, part of the strong recruiting class coming in at UCLA.
Williams has fluctuated in the 2013 rankings, of late, but is a solid Top 50 talent who will be a solid asset for the team he signs with.
He has a strong mid-range game and can extend out the perimeter, but his biggest asset is his athleticism. He plays well above the rim and is aggressive at the basket. In combination with lightning-quick point guard Anthony Barber with Boo Williams, the two ran the floor and finished in transition.
Williams recently trimmed his list to six: Florida, Georgetown, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months