May 25, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
- We know that some coaches have banned their teams from using social media. But did you know that some schools have hired companies to monitor student-athlete social media activity?
- This is both impressive and highly disturbing: A portrait of Anthony Davis made entirely of breakfast cereal
- If college conferences were liquor brands…..
- Two long-time officials, Tim Higgins and Bob Donato, are set to retire. Now if we can only get John Cahill and Teddy Valentine to join them…..
- Remember when we were criticizing Kentucky for dodging teams and putting together a weak schedule? Well, they plan on playing Baylor next year in front of the largest crowd in college hoops history. That’s gotta count for something, right?
- Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari would like to schedule a game with Duke, as long as it’s on a neutral court
- More Kentucky: It looks like the Wildcats won’t be headed back to Washington, D.C. to face Georgetown as part of the Big East/SEC Invitational
- Jon Rothstein breaks down ten mid-major guards to watch for next year, and doesn’t make a single compairison…..impressive (But he does go heavy on the metaphors….”Like a volcano, Lee can explode at any minute”…..Really?….Really?)
- New Mexico center Drew Gordon doesn’t have the best reputation, and his role in the Sports Illustrated article didn’t do him any favors. But to his credit, the Lobos’ big man is working to repair his image
- I first brought this to your attention in The Morning Mix yesterday, but it’s worth noting again, Karl Towns, a 16-year old freshman from New Jersey, will be playing for the Dominican National team. What were you doing at 16? I bet it wasn’t anything remotely associated with a national team
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)