May 25, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
- We know that some coaches have banned their teams from using social media. But did you know that some schools have hired companies to monitor student-athlete social media activity?
- This is both impressive and highly disturbing: A portrait of Anthony Davis made entirely of breakfast cereal
- If college conferences were liquor brands…..
- Two long-time officials, Tim Higgins and Bob Donato, are set to retire. Now if we can only get John Cahill and Teddy Valentine to join them…..
- Remember when we were criticizing Kentucky for dodging teams and putting together a weak schedule? Well, they plan on playing Baylor next year in front of the largest crowd in college hoops history. That’s gotta count for something, right?
- Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari would like to schedule a game with Duke, as long as it’s on a neutral court
- More Kentucky: It looks like the Wildcats won’t be headed back to Washington, D.C. to face Georgetown as part of the Big East/SEC Invitational
- Jon Rothstein breaks down ten mid-major guards to watch for next year, and doesn’t make a single compairison…..impressive (But he does go heavy on the metaphors….”Like a volcano, Lee can explode at any minute”…..Really?….Really?)
- New Mexico center Drew Gordon doesn’t have the best reputation, and his role in the Sports Illustrated article didn’t do him any favors. But to his credit, the Lobos’ big man is working to repair his image
- I first brought this to your attention in The Morning Mix yesterday, but it’s worth noting again, Karl Towns, a 16-year old freshman from New Jersey, will be playing for the Dominican National team. What were you doing at 16? I bet it wasn’t anything remotely associated with a national team
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)