May 25, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
– We know that some coaches have banned their teams from using social media. But did you know that some schools have hired companies to monitor student-athlete social media activity?
– This is both impressive and highly disturbing: A portrait of Anthony Davis made entirely of breakfast cereal
– If college conferences were liquor brands…..
– Two long-time officials, Tim Higgins and Bob Donato, are set to retire. Now if we can only get John Cahill and Teddy Valentine to join them…..
– Remember when we were criticizing Kentucky for dodging teams and putting together a weak schedule? Well, they plan on playing Baylor next year in front of the largest crowd in college hoops history. That’s gotta count for something, right?
– Speaking of Kentucky, John Calipari would like to schedule a game with Duke, as long as it’s on a neutral court
– More Kentucky: It looks like the Wildcats won’t be headed back to Washington, D.C. to face Georgetown as part of the Big East/SEC Invitational
– Jon Rothstein breaks down ten mid-major guards to watch for next year, and doesn’t make a single compairison…..impressive (But he does go heavy on the metaphors….”Like a volcano, Lee can explode at any minute”…..Really?….Really?)
– New Mexico center Drew Gordon doesn’t have the best reputation, and his role in the Sports Illustrated article didn’t do him any favors. But to his credit, the Lobos’ big man is working to repair his image
– I first brought this to your attention in The Morning Mix yesterday, but it’s worth noting again, Karl Towns, a 16-year old freshman from New Jersey, will be playing for the Dominican National team. What were you doing at 16? I bet it wasn’t anything remotely associated with a national team
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)