May 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jay Bilas is one of the most knowledgeable and enlightening TV analysts around today, regardless of sport.
His twitter feed is no different. He takes strong stances on controversial issues, the majority of the time siding with the players — he doesn’t believe there should be any transfer restrictions and he wants the athletes to get a cut of the big money that college sports is producing these days. Bilas not only understands the game of basketball as well as anyone, he’s a lawyer and a Duke grad. His smarts go beyond the court.
But what he is best known for, and what made his feed skyrocket in popularity when he first joined twitter, is his passion for rap, particularly Young Jeezy. Not only is he constantly referring to his swag and how trill he is, but each and every morning he tweets out lyrics to a Young Jeezy before saying “I gotta go to work”.
Case in point: this morning’s tweet:
College basketball fans aren’t the only ones to notice this. Young Jeezy has as well, and he gives Bilas a shout out in his verse on the remix to E-40’s “Function”, saying “we goin’ to work like Jay Bilas.” (The line is at the 3:00 minute mark.)
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)