May 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jay Bilas is one of the most knowledgeable and enlightening TV analysts around today, regardless of sport.
His twitter feed is no different. He takes strong stances on controversial issues, the majority of the time siding with the players — he doesn’t believe there should be any transfer restrictions and he wants the athletes to get a cut of the big money that college sports is producing these days. Bilas not only understands the game of basketball as well as anyone, he’s a lawyer and a Duke grad. His smarts go beyond the court.
But what he is best known for, and what made his feed skyrocket in popularity when he first joined twitter, is his passion for rap, particularly Young Jeezy. Not only is he constantly referring to his swag and how trill he is, but each and every morning he tweets out lyrics to a Young Jeezy before saying “I gotta go to work”.
Case in point: this morning’s tweet:
College basketball fans aren’t the only ones to notice this. Young Jeezy has as well, and he gives Bilas a shout out in his verse on the remix to E-40′s “Function”, saying “we goin’ to work like Jay Bilas.” (The line is at the 3:00 minute mark.)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)