May 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jay Bilas is one of the most knowledgeable and enlightening TV analysts around today, regardless of sport.
His twitter feed is no different. He takes strong stances on controversial issues, the majority of the time siding with the players — he doesn’t believe there should be any transfer restrictions and he wants the athletes to get a cut of the big money that college sports is producing these days. Bilas not only understands the game of basketball as well as anyone, he’s a lawyer and a Duke grad. His smarts go beyond the court.
But what he is best known for, and what made his feed skyrocket in popularity when he first joined twitter, is his passion for rap, particularly Young Jeezy. Not only is he constantly referring to his swag and how trill he is, but each and every morning he tweets out lyrics to a Young Jeezy before saying “I gotta go to work”.
Case in point: this morning’s tweet:
College basketball fans aren’t the only ones to notice this. Young Jeezy has as well, and he gives Bilas a shout out in his verse on the remix to E-40’s “Function”, saying “we goin’ to work like Jay Bilas.” (The line is at the 3:00 minute mark.)
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)