May 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jay Bilas is one of the most knowledgeable and enlightening TV analysts around today, regardless of sport.
His twitter feed is no different. He takes strong stances on controversial issues, the majority of the time siding with the players — he doesn’t believe there should be any transfer restrictions and he wants the athletes to get a cut of the big money that college sports is producing these days. Bilas not only understands the game of basketball as well as anyone, he’s a lawyer and a Duke grad. His smarts go beyond the court.
But what he is best known for, and what made his feed skyrocket in popularity when he first joined twitter, is his passion for rap, particularly Young Jeezy. Not only is he constantly referring to his swag and how trill he is, but each and every morning he tweets out lyrics to a Young Jeezy before saying “I gotta go to work”.
Case in point: this morning’s tweet:
College basketball fans aren’t the only ones to notice this. Young Jeezy has as well, and he gives Bilas a shout out in his verse on the remix to E-40′s “Function”, saying “we goin’ to work like Jay Bilas.” (The line is at the 3:00 minute mark.)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)