May 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jay Bilas is one of the most knowledgeable and enlightening TV analysts around today, regardless of sport.
His twitter feed is no different. He takes strong stances on controversial issues, the majority of the time siding with the players — he doesn’t believe there should be any transfer restrictions and he wants the athletes to get a cut of the big money that college sports is producing these days. Bilas not only understands the game of basketball as well as anyone, he’s a lawyer and a Duke grad. His smarts go beyond the court.
But what he is best known for, and what made his feed skyrocket in popularity when he first joined twitter, is his passion for rap, particularly Young Jeezy. Not only is he constantly referring to his swag and how trill he is, but each and every morning he tweets out lyrics to a Young Jeezy before saying “I gotta go to work”.
Case in point: this morning’s tweet:
College basketball fans aren’t the only ones to notice this. Young Jeezy has as well, and he gives Bilas a shout out in his verse on the remix to E-40’s “Function”, saying “we goin’ to work like Jay Bilas.” (The line is at the 3:00 minute mark.)
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)