May 29, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Fordham has signed head coach Tom Pecora to a contract extension that will keep him in the Bronx through the 2016-17 season, the school announced Tuesday.
Pecora, a New York City native, has been Fordham head coach for the past two seasons, having come over from Hofstra in 2010.
The Rams finished 10-19 last season, including 3-13 in the Atlantic 10.
“I’m grateful to the University for making this commitment to myself, my staff and my family,” Pecora said in a statement. “Since our first day at Fordham we have been doing everything possible to get this tradition-rich program back to where it should be and we will continue to work hard in order to accomplish our goals and represent Fordham in a first-class manner.”
In 2012-13, the Rams will be led by senior Chris Gaston, a versatile forward who averaged 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds this past season.
Pecora has two players coming in from the Class of 2012, and recently scored a commitment from former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes, a New York native.
Rhoomes is working toward eligibility.
Fordham will be welcoming two major additions to the Atlantic 10, Butler and Virginia Commonwealth. News surfaced Tuesday afternoon that Butler would become part of the conference next season.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)