May 29, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Fordham has signed head coach Tom Pecora to a contract extension that will keep him in the Bronx through the 2016-17 season, the school announced Tuesday.
Pecora, a New York City native, has been Fordham head coach for the past two seasons, having come over from Hofstra in 2010.
The Rams finished 10-19 last season, including 3-13 in the Atlantic 10.
“I’m grateful to the University for making this commitment to myself, my staff and my family,” Pecora said in a statement. “Since our first day at Fordham we have been doing everything possible to get this tradition-rich program back to where it should be and we will continue to work hard in order to accomplish our goals and represent Fordham in a first-class manner.”
In 2012-13, the Rams will be led by senior Chris Gaston, a versatile forward who averaged 17.1 points and 9.9 rebounds this past season.
Pecora has two players coming in from the Class of 2012, and recently scored a commitment from former TCU commit Ryan Rhoomes, a New York native.
Rhoomes is working toward eligibility.
Fordham will be welcoming two major additions to the Atlantic 10, Butler and Virginia Commonwealth. News surfaced Tuesday afternoon that Butler would become part of the conference next season.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)