May 29, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
If you live near the fine town of Haddonfield, N.J., you may soon be able to more soundly fill your pastry needs, courtesy of a 7-1 man named Brian Zoubek.
The former New Jersey State Player of the Year and national champion with the Duke Blue Devils is opening a store in his hometown for reasons that, he thinks, are self-evident.
“I’ve loved cream puffs my whole life,” Zoubek told Collingswood.Patch.com. “When I was growing up, I used to get them from another place in town.”
As the website reports, this isn’t the first entrepreneurial endeavor for Zoubek, as he opened a technology store in New York City with some friends from Duke, which he has since left.
During his senior season at Duke when the Blue Devils won the national championship, Zoubek averaged 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, including eight points and 10 rebounds against Butler in the title game.
He was undrafted out of college and went on to sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets, but was later cut.
Now he has turned to pastries.
Zoubek’s store will be called Cream Puff Creations, amended from “Heavenly Cream Puff Creations,” after that name didn’t align with city code that requires signs to have no more than three words.
Now, with everything in line, he is ready to pursue his second passion.
“I love to make cream puffs,” he told the website. “I’m just a fat kid, at heart.”
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)