May 29, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
If you live near the fine town of Haddonfield, N.J., you may soon be able to more soundly fill your pastry needs, courtesy of a 7-1 man named Brian Zoubek.
The former New Jersey State Player of the Year and national champion with the Duke Blue Devils is opening a store in his hometown for reasons that, he thinks, are self-evident.
“I’ve loved cream puffs my whole life,” Zoubek told Collingswood.Patch.com. “When I was growing up, I used to get them from another place in town.”
As the website reports, this isn’t the first entrepreneurial endeavor for Zoubek, as he opened a technology store in New York City with some friends from Duke, which he has since left.
During his senior season at Duke when the Blue Devils won the national championship, Zoubek averaged 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, including eight points and 10 rebounds against Butler in the title game.
He was undrafted out of college and went on to sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets, but was later cut.
Now he has turned to pastries.
Zoubek’s store will be called Cream Puff Creations, amended from “Heavenly Cream Puff Creations,” after that name didn’t align with city code that requires signs to have no more than three words.
Now, with everything in line, he is ready to pursue his second passion.
“I love to make cream puffs,” he told the website. “I’m just a fat kid, at heart.”
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)