Jun 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
In a release issued by Villanova, it was announced that freshman forward Markus Kennedy has decided to leave the program.
A Philadelphia native, Kennedy averaged 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 14.8 minutes per game as a freshman last season.
But while talented, Kennedy did attend multiple high schools so this news isn’t exactly a stunner. Kennedy will have three seasons of eligibility remaining at his next institution.
“Markus has been a valued member of our basketball family,” stated Villanova head coach Jay Wright in the statement. “We wish him the best in his new endeavor.”
Villanova returns JayVaughn Pinkston, Maurice Sutton and Mouphtaou Yarou to their front court rotation in 2012-13, and 6-10 freshman Daniel Ochefu should figure into Jay Wright’s plans as well.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims