Jun 1, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
Kyle O’Quinn was most recently seen helping the Norfolk State Spartans shock the Missouri Tigers in the first round of the NCAA tournament (yes, I am aware that it is technically the second round. I’m not much for technicalities). That national coming-out party has the shot-blocking whiz under serious consideration by NBA teams in need of a defensive stopper.
Here, O’Quinn talks with Antoine Perry about the rigors and joys of preparing for the NBA draft.
O’Quinn is something special: a self-made MEAC star with a made-for-TV personality. Would he be here without the huge upset of the Tigers last March? Doubtful. Here’s hoping he keeps living the dream, because he’s pure joy to watch, on the court and off.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He believes the children are our future.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)