Jun 1, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
Kyle O’Quinn was most recently seen helping the Norfolk State Spartans shock the Missouri Tigers in the first round of the NCAA tournament (yes, I am aware that it is technically the second round. I’m not much for technicalities). That national coming-out party has the shot-blocking whiz under serious consideration by NBA teams in need of a defensive stopper.
Here, O’Quinn talks with Antoine Perry about the rigors and joys of preparing for the NBA draft.
O’Quinn is something special: a self-made MEAC star with a made-for-TV personality. Would he be here without the huge upset of the Tigers last March? Doubtful. Here’s hoping he keeps living the dream, because he’s pure joy to watch, on the court and off.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He believes the children are our future.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)