Jun 4, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Colorado’s basketball program seems to be on the upswing under Tad Boyle, but the program’s history isn’t exactly storied; if it seems like every notable event that’s happened with Buffalo hoops can be written on a single sheet of toilet paper, well, that’s because it probably can.
Chauncey Billups played for the school and went on to become the No. 3 pick in the NBA Draft, an NBA champion and known as Mr. Big Shot. (Ironically, that is also a nickname I gave myself in college for my beer pong skill.) They also, umm, won the Pac-12 tournament in 2012 and advanced to the Round of 32 in the NCAA tournament. And, uhh, they once had a player make a cameo on the Real World.
I’m not missing anything, am I?
That sterling reputation as a hoops school is probably why Colorado is able to auction off their 16 year old basketball court for the hefty price tag of $5,000:
This Basketball/Volleyball court flooring came from the University of Colorado Boulder and is in fair/good condition.The floor is a Robbins “AllStar plus” portable maple basketball floor. Size is 60ft by 112ft, with a separate extension of identical construction which is 48ft by 24ft. Floor has been sanded and stripped down once. The floor was initially purchased in 1996. This flooring is being sold AS/IS WHERE/IS with NO warranty or refunds. It is the sole responsibilty of the winning bidder to provide for the removal of this flooring including any costs, labor and truck(s) to remove.
Yes, for the cost of a 2004 Toyota Camry, you can own a 60 ft. X 112 ft. portable maple basketball floor that is in fair/good condition that Chauncey Billups once played on.
That’s the kind of deal I can pass on.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 0
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 0
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 0
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 11
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball