Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to walk a mile in Anthony Davis’ shoes? Want to be in the center of the national spotlight for the reigning national champions?
Most importantly, do you have $7,500 in disposable income?
If you’ve checked “yes” for all of the above, you might enjoy the John Calipari Basketball Experience, a four-day weekend that offers “unprecedented access to Coach Cal and the inner workings of UK basketball,” allows you to “attend private social functions,” and the chance to play tournaments and games at Rupp Arena.
We’ve seen events like this in college basketball, notably from Bill Self at Kansas and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke. It seems like a fantasy experience for the typical “super fan,” the grown man who goes to every game at Rupp, face painted and all, or the woman who dyes her hair blue and gets an “I <3 ‘Cats” tattoo.
According to the website, those who attend also get an “exclusive swag bag of NIKE branded UK apparel and gear,” and “expert coaching from UK basketball staff, UK legends and national, elite level guest coaches.”
Is it worth $7,500? If you have a certain credit card affiliation, they’ll be glad to knock off another $1,500. It’s a bargain compared to Coach K’s camp, which will lighten your pockets by $10,000.
There are only 80 spots available. Get that phone ready.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)