Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to walk a mile in Anthony Davis’ shoes? Want to be in the center of the national spotlight for the reigning national champions?
Most importantly, do you have $7,500 in disposable income?
If you’ve checked “yes” for all of the above, you might enjoy the John Calipari Basketball Experience, a four-day weekend that offers “unprecedented access to Coach Cal and the inner workings of UK basketball,” allows you to “attend private social functions,” and the chance to play tournaments and games at Rupp Arena.
We’ve seen events like this in college basketball, notably from Bill Self at Kansas and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke. It seems like a fantasy experience for the typical “super fan,” the grown man who goes to every game at Rupp, face painted and all, or the woman who dyes her hair blue and gets an “I <3 ‘Cats” tattoo.
According to the website, those who attend also get an “exclusive swag bag of NIKE branded UK apparel and gear,” and “expert coaching from UK basketball staff, UK legends and national, elite level guest coaches.”
Is it worth $7,500? If you have a certain credit card affiliation, they’ll be glad to knock off another $1,500. It’s a bargain compared to Coach K’s camp, which will lighten your pockets by $10,000.
There are only 80 spots available. Get that phone ready.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)