Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to walk a mile in Anthony Davis’ shoes? Want to be in the center of the national spotlight for the reigning national champions?
Most importantly, do you have $7,500 in disposable income?
If you’ve checked “yes” for all of the above, you might enjoy the John Calipari Basketball Experience, a four-day weekend that offers “unprecedented access to Coach Cal and the inner workings of UK basketball,” allows you to “attend private social functions,” and the chance to play tournaments and games at Rupp Arena.
We’ve seen events like this in college basketball, notably from Bill Self at Kansas and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke. It seems like a fantasy experience for the typical “super fan,” the grown man who goes to every game at Rupp, face painted and all, or the woman who dyes her hair blue and gets an “I <3 ‘Cats” tattoo.
According to the website, those who attend also get an “exclusive swag bag of NIKE branded UK apparel and gear,” and “expert coaching from UK basketball staff, UK legends and national, elite level guest coaches.”
Is it worth $7,500? If you have a certain credit card affiliation, they’ll be glad to knock off another $1,500. It’s a bargain compared to Coach K’s camp, which will lighten your pockets by $10,000.
There are only 80 spots available. Get that phone ready.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)