Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to walk a mile in Anthony Davis’ shoes? Want to be in the center of the national spotlight for the reigning national champions?
Most importantly, do you have $7,500 in disposable income?
If you’ve checked “yes” for all of the above, you might enjoy the John Calipari Basketball Experience, a four-day weekend that offers “unprecedented access to Coach Cal and the inner workings of UK basketball,” allows you to “attend private social functions,” and the chance to play tournaments and games at Rupp Arena.
We’ve seen events like this in college basketball, notably from Bill Self at Kansas and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke. It seems like a fantasy experience for the typical “super fan,” the grown man who goes to every game at Rupp, face painted and all, or the woman who dyes her hair blue and gets an “I <3 ‘Cats” tattoo.
According to the website, those who attend also get an “exclusive swag bag of NIKE branded UK apparel and gear,” and “expert coaching from UK basketball staff, UK legends and national, elite level guest coaches.”
Is it worth $7,500? If you have a certain credit card affiliation, they’ll be glad to knock off another $1,500. It’s a bargain compared to Coach K’s camp, which will lighten your pockets by $10,000.
There are only 80 spots available. Get that phone ready.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 8
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles