Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to walk a mile in Anthony Davis’ shoes? Want to be in the center of the national spotlight for the reigning national champions?
Most importantly, do you have $7,500 in disposable income?
If you’ve checked “yes” for all of the above, you might enjoy the John Calipari Basketball Experience, a four-day weekend that offers “unprecedented access to Coach Cal and the inner workings of UK basketball,” allows you to “attend private social functions,” and the chance to play tournaments and games at Rupp Arena.
We’ve seen events like this in college basketball, notably from Bill Self at Kansas and Mike Krzyzewski at Duke. It seems like a fantasy experience for the typical “super fan,” the grown man who goes to every game at Rupp, face painted and all, or the woman who dyes her hair blue and gets an “I <3 ‘Cats” tattoo.
According to the website, those who attend also get an “exclusive swag bag of NIKE branded UK apparel and gear,” and “expert coaching from UK basketball staff, UK legends and national, elite level guest coaches.”
Is it worth $7,500? If you have a certain credit card affiliation, they’ll be glad to knock off another $1,500. It’s a bargain compared to Coach K’s camp, which will lighten your pockets by $10,000.
There are only 80 spots available. Get that phone ready.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 0
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 2
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)