Jun 5, 2012, 9:44 AM EST
Donte Morales, a 6-7 forward who in April announced his intent to transfer from UNC-Wilmington, was arrested on multiple drug charges Tuesday.
Among the charges are felony possession of marijuana, conspiracy to sell or deliver, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bond has been set at $35,000.
Morales played two seasons with the Seahawks, with the better of his two years coming in 2011-12, when he averaged 7.2 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.
He was the first player recruited by coach Buzz Peterson in his time at UNC-Wilmington and is a native of Virginia Beach, Va.
According to Brian Mull of the Wilmington Star-News, Morales was enrolled in one summer class, in hopes of improving his GPA or the school’s APR before transfer.
“Either you want to be here or you don’t,” Peterson told the paper after Morales’ transfer, which coincided with the departure of two other players. “We have guys in the program who want to be here. This lets us move forward and get ready for next year.”
In April, the school was denied a second appeal by the NCAA, as the Seahawks tried to avoid a penalty that stemmed from a low Academic Progress Rate, claiming limited school resources.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)