Jun 5, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Donte Morales, a 6-7 forward who in April announced his intent to transfer from UNC-Wilmington, was arrested on multiple drug charges Tuesday.
Among the charges are felony possession of marijuana, conspiracy to sell or deliver, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bond has been set at $35,000.
Morales played two seasons with the Seahawks, with the better of his two years coming in 2011-12, when he averaged 7.2 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.
He was the first player recruited by coach Buzz Peterson in his time at UNC-Wilmington and is a native of Virginia Beach, Va.
According to Brian Mull of the Wilmington Star-News, Morales was enrolled in one summer class, in hopes of improving his GPA or the school’s APR before transfer.
“Either you want to be here or you don’t,” Peterson told the paper after Morales’ transfer, which coincided with the departure of two other players. “We have guys in the program who want to be here. This lets us move forward and get ready for next year.”
In April, the school was denied a second appeal by the NCAA, as the Seahawks tried to avoid a penalty that stemmed from a low Academic Progress Rate, claiming limited school resources.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)