Jun 6, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Vermont freshman standout Four McGlynn has requested a release from the school and will likely seek to transfer to another institution, according to the Twitter account of the York Ballers, McGlynn’s former AAU team.
McGlynn led the Catamounts to an America East title this past season, averaging 12.6 points per game.
He made his way into the national spotlight in the postseason, when he had 14 points in a nationally televised Vermont win over Stony Brook to win the conference title, and another 18 points in a First Four win over Lamar in the NCAA tournament.
The Catamounts finished with an overall record of 24-12, including 13-3 in the America East. Their season ended with a 77-58 loss to North Carolina in the Round of 64.
McGlynn is a native of Dallastown, Penn., which is about two and a half hours southeast of Penn State.
He is solid shooter who can score the basketball, and may perhaps be looking to play at a higher level.
He was a two-star prospect, coming out of high school.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles