Jun 8, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
The champion of the CollegeInsider.com “Shots from the Heart” head coaches competition was finally crowned last week, with Arizona’s Sean Miller beating Detroit’s Ray McCallum Sr. by a final score of 55-43.
McCallum, who entered the finals having not missed a single free throw, missed his final four shots of the championship round and that proved to be his downfall.
As for the champion, in the video below not only does Coach Miller guarantee a repeat in 2013 but he also sends out a challenge to John Calipari (Kentucky) and Billy Donovan (Florida).
Neither of those two took part in the event, which benefits the Skip Prosser Foundation. But if Miller’s invitation can get them in then that’s even better.
Boston University assistant Carmen Maciariello won the assistant coaches competition last month.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)