Jun 8, 2012, 11:53 PM EST
Robbie Hummel couldn’t catch a break at the end of his college career. Two serious knee injuries ruined Purdue’s chances for national title runs in 2010 and 2011. He spent most of last season doing everything he could to ensure the Boilermakers’ rebuilding season wouldn’t be a complete mess.
When the 6-8 forward caught fire in the first half of their second-round NCAA tournament game against Kansas, it seemed he might get a mini-Hollywood ending with a big upset. But it didn’t happen. Instead, he had to settle for an honorable mention All-America mention and the Lowe’s senior class award.
Now it that Hummel, one of the game’s classiest players and one who deserves a break, is finally getting one.
A report by Vin Parise from the NBA draft combine indicates the Bulls are very impressed by Hummel and could take a chance on him come draft day.
Fingers crossed for that one. Hummel could use some luck. For once.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)