Jun 8, 2012, 11:53 PM EST
Robbie Hummel couldn’t catch a break at the end of his college career. Two serious knee injuries ruined Purdue’s chances for national title runs in 2010 and 2011. He spent most of last season doing everything he could to ensure the Boilermakers’ rebuilding season wouldn’t be a complete mess.
When the 6-8 forward caught fire in the first half of their second-round NCAA tournament game against Kansas, it seemed he might get a mini-Hollywood ending with a big upset. But it didn’t happen. Instead, he had to settle for an honorable mention All-America mention and the Lowe’s senior class award.
Now it that Hummel, one of the game’s classiest players and one who deserves a break, is finally getting one.
A report by Vin Parise from the NBA draft combine indicates the Bulls are very impressed by Hummel and could take a chance on him come draft day.
Fingers crossed for that one. Hummel could use some luck. For once.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)