Jun 8, 2012, 11:53 PM EDT
Robbie Hummel couldn’t catch a break at the end of his college career. Two serious knee injuries ruined Purdue’s chances for national title runs in 2010 and 2011. He spent most of last season doing everything he could to ensure the Boilermakers’ rebuilding season wouldn’t be a complete mess.
When the 6-8 forward caught fire in the first half of their second-round NCAA tournament game against Kansas, it seemed he might get a mini-Hollywood ending with a big upset. But it didn’t happen. Instead, he had to settle for an honorable mention All-America mention and the Lowe’s senior class award.
Now it that Hummel, one of the game’s classiest players and one who deserves a break, is finally getting one.
A report by Vin Parise from the NBA draft combine indicates the Bulls are very impressed by Hummel and could take a chance on him come draft day.
Fingers crossed for that one. Hummel could use some luck. For once.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)