Jun 8, 2012, 11:53 PM EST
Robbie Hummel couldn’t catch a break at the end of his college career. Two serious knee injuries ruined Purdue’s chances for national title runs in 2010 and 2011. He spent most of last season doing everything he could to ensure the Boilermakers’ rebuilding season wouldn’t be a complete mess.
When the 6-8 forward caught fire in the first half of their second-round NCAA tournament game against Kansas, it seemed he might get a mini-Hollywood ending with a big upset. But it didn’t happen. Instead, he had to settle for an honorable mention All-America mention and the Lowe’s senior class award.
Now it that Hummel, one of the game’s classiest players and one who deserves a break, is finally getting one.
A report by Vin Parise from the NBA draft combine indicates the Bulls are very impressed by Hummel and could take a chance on him come draft day.
Fingers crossed for that one. Hummel could use some luck. For once.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)