Jun 8, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
The 2013 recruiting class has received a nice boost according to ESPN’s Paul Biancardi, with shooting guard Wayne Selden moving back into his original class (subscription required).
Selden, who attends the Tilton School, was a 2014 prospect ranked in the Top 15 by ESPN (12th), Rivals (13th) and Scout (6th).
“I believe I am physically and academically ready to go back to my original class,” Selden told Biancardi.
Academics were a key reason why Selden originally moved into the 2014 class upon arrival at the Tilton School, and this move back into 2013 indicates that he’s done well in that regard.
While this news won’t have the impact on the 2013 class that Selden’s former Tilton School (and BABC) teammate Nerlens Noel had when he reclassified to 2012, this is will be something to note.
Selden joins the likes of James Young, Aaron Harrison and Keith Frazier at the head of the class when it comes to highly sought after off-guard prospects in 2013.
According to Biancardi, Selden’s list includes Florida, UCLA, Harvard, Kansas, Ohio State, Kentucky and UConn with other high-major programs showing interest.
Photo credit: Nation of Orange
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)