Jun 8, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
The 2013 recruiting class has received a nice boost according to ESPN’s Paul Biancardi, with shooting guard Wayne Selden moving back into his original class (subscription required).
Selden, who attends the Tilton School, was a 2014 prospect ranked in the Top 15 by ESPN (12th), Rivals (13th) and Scout (6th).
“I believe I am physically and academically ready to go back to my original class,” Selden told Biancardi.
Academics were a key reason why Selden originally moved into the 2014 class upon arrival at the Tilton School, and this move back into 2013 indicates that he’s done well in that regard.
While this news won’t have the impact on the 2013 class that Selden’s former Tilton School (and BABC) teammate Nerlens Noel had when he reclassified to 2012, this is will be something to note.
Selden joins the likes of James Young, Aaron Harrison and Keith Frazier at the head of the class when it comes to highly sought after off-guard prospects in 2013.
According to Biancardi, Selden’s list includes Florida, UCLA, Harvard, Kansas, Ohio State, Kentucky and UConn with other high-major programs showing interest.
Photo credit: Nation of Orange
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)