Jun 8, 2012, 12:06 PM EST
The 2013 recruiting class has received a nice boost according to ESPN’s Paul Biancardi, with shooting guard Wayne Selden moving back into his original class (subscription required).
Selden, who attends the Tilton School, was a 2014 prospect ranked in the Top 15 by ESPN (12th), Rivals (13th) and Scout (6th).
“I believe I am physically and academically ready to go back to my original class,” Selden told Biancardi.
Academics were a key reason why Selden originally moved into the 2014 class upon arrival at the Tilton School, and this move back into 2013 indicates that he’s done well in that regard.
While this news won’t have the impact on the 2013 class that Selden’s former Tilton School (and BABC) teammate Nerlens Noel had when he reclassified to 2012, this is will be something to note.
Selden joins the likes of James Young, Aaron Harrison and Keith Frazier at the head of the class when it comes to highly sought after off-guard prospects in 2013.
According to Biancardi, Selden’s list includes Florida, UCLA, Harvard, Kansas, Ohio State, Kentucky and UConn with other high-major programs showing interest.
Photo credit: Nation of Orange
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)