Jun 8, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, but isn’t expected to miss any time this season and should be ready for the Vols’ upcoming exhibition tour of Italy in August.
Maymon apparently had a recent swelling in the knee, which prompted the surgery.
The 6-7, 265-pound senior-to-be led the Vols in scoring (12.7 ppg) and rebounding (8.1 rpg) last season, including a breakout performance (32 points, 20 rebounds) against Memphis in the Maui Invitational.
You also can follow me on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3