Jun 13, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s day-3 of the re-inspired Morning Mix. I feel like I haven’t missed a beat. It’s probably because I haven’t. Yeah, I said it.
- Xavier and Tennessee will begin a home-and-home series. That could be fun
- Washington revealed their non-conference schedule for the 2012-2013 season. They will face three 2012 NCAA tournament teams at home, Loyola (Md), Colorado State and Saint Louis. They will also travel to Storrs, CT to take on the UConn Huskies.
- Speaking of non-conference schedules, Jeff Goodman ranked the top fifty non-conference games of next season. I’m looking forward to #10 – Syracuse vs. San Diego in the Midway Classic. C.L. Brown of the Courier-Journal does the same
- I’ve been involved in college basketball media for four years, and I have not met anybody that comes remotely close to being as funny as KSR’s Drew Franklin. Yesterday was his birthday
- Marcus Jordan, son of his airness, may not return to UCF next season. That would be a huge blow to the Knights, who have been making steady progress in the past few seasons
- Jeff Borzello trotted out his conference-by-conference team recruiting rankings. Really? I’m pretty sure we had these two months ago. Quit going to the beach on weekdays and get some real work done
- In case you missed it yesterday, Temple’s Khaliff Wyatt was busted for soliciting an undercover cop in Atlantic City on his 21st birthday
- You watched Game-1 of the NBA Finals last night, didn’t you? Well if you did, you might have noticed a bevy of former college stars scampering up and down the hardwood in OKC
- West Virginia landed yet another transfer, this time, Boston College’s Matt Humphrey
- All signs point to a sensational rookie year for Wisconsin freshman Sam Dekkar
- North Carolina State-transfer Tyler Harris is closing in on a landing destination. Providence, Temple, South Florida, UAB and Dayton are all in the mix to land the 6-8 forward
- It’s becoming a week;ly trend for somebody to write about how masterful John Calipari is at recruiting, and I always agree
- NBADraft.net previews the top centers in the draft, headlined by “The Brow” Anthony Davis
- According the Jeff Eisenberg, Bill Chambers’51-rebound game back in 1953 will never be broken
- Erin Andrews in a bikini? Yes please
Apr 24, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
According to a report, UConn center Amida Brimah will need to undergo surgery on his left shoulder.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Shaka Smart filled a vacancy on his staff Wednesday, hiring former Vanderbilt assistant David Cason.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Less than a week after making an official visit to the school, it was reported that Malek Harris had committed to Kansas State. But that may not be the case.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Frank Haith announced his coaching staff Wednesday, with the trio combining to have more than 90 seasons of coaching experience.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
UConn and Duke will reportedly play each other just before Christmas in New Jersey.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Former St. John’s commit Darrick Wood verbally committed to attend DePaul on Wednesday.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
After playing well in Kentucky’s run to the national title game, Dakari Johnson has decided to return for his sophomore season.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
LSU should have the pieces to be a tournament team in 2014-2015.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
Minnesota landed a commitment from a 6-foot-11 three-star recruit.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Adala Moto was a top 150 recruit in the class of 2012.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Allen will be one of the keys to Arizona’s season. Click to see why.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Randle talks favorite NBA players and the one-and-done rule.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Southern coach is receiving a contract extension.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Loyd is converting from point guard to wide receiver.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)