Jun 13, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
It’s day-3 of the re-inspired Morning Mix. I feel like I haven’t missed a beat. It’s probably because I haven’t. Yeah, I said it.
– Xavier and Tennessee will begin a home-and-home series. That could be fun
– Washington revealed their non-conference schedule for the 2012-2013 season. They will face three 2012 NCAA tournament teams at home, Loyola (Md), Colorado State and Saint Louis. They will also travel to Storrs, CT to take on the UConn Huskies.
– Speaking of non-conference schedules, Jeff Goodman ranked the top fifty non-conference games of next season. I’m looking forward to #10 – Syracuse vs. San Diego in the Midway Classic. C.L. Brown of the Courier-Journal does the same
– I’ve been involved in college basketball media for four years, and I have not met anybody that comes remotely close to being as funny as KSR’s Drew Franklin. Yesterday was his birthday
– Marcus Jordan, son of his airness, may not return to UCF next season. That would be a huge blow to the Knights, who have been making steady progress in the past few seasons
– Jeff Borzello trotted out his conference-by-conference team recruiting rankings. Really? I’m pretty sure we had these two months ago. Quit going to the beach on weekdays and get some real work done
– In case you missed it yesterday, Temple’s Khaliff Wyatt was busted for soliciting an undercover cop in Atlantic City on his 21st birthday
– You watched Game-1 of the NBA Finals last night, didn’t you? Well if you did, you might have noticed a bevy of former college stars scampering up and down the hardwood in OKC
– West Virginia landed yet another transfer, this time, Boston College’s Matt Humphrey
– All signs point to a sensational rookie year for Wisconsin freshman Sam Dekkar
– North Carolina State-transfer Tyler Harris is closing in on a landing destination. Providence, Temple, South Florida, UAB and Dayton are all in the mix to land the 6-8 forward
– It’s becoming a week;ly trend for somebody to write about how masterful John Calipari is at recruiting, and I always agree
– NBADraft.net previews the top centers in the draft, headlined by “The Brow” Anthony Davis
– According the Jeff Eisenberg, Bill Chambers’51-rebound game back in 1953 will never be broken
– Erin Andrews in a bikini? Yes please
Mar 4, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
These are the small league favorites that can win a game in the NCAA tournament.
Mar 4, 2015, 11:51 AM EST
Hank Gathers died on the court during the WCC tournament.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:42 AM EST
Perry Ellis suffered a nasty looking knee injury last night.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
I’ve never seen this happen before.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:41 AM EST
Justin Anderson has been out for more than three weeks after fracturing a finger.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Two strong teams enter the Valley Conference Tournament with numerous others trying to enter the frame.
Mar 4, 2015, 12:26 AM EST
Kentucky is learning how to win games when they don’t play well. That’s scary.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:58 PM EST
No. 9 Kansas topped No. 20 West Virginia but now the Jayhawks must worry about the health of Perry Ellis.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:59 PM EST
Georgetown and Iowa earn big road wins.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:01 PM EST
All of Tuesday’s bubble action, right here.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Cincinnati could be losing an experienced guard for next season.
Jahlil Okafor, D’Angelo Russell among 10 finalists for Wayman Tisdale Award as nation’s best freshman
Mar 3, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
A lot of productive players on the Wayman Tisdale Award finalist list, led by Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Ohio State’s D’Angelo Russell.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:52 PM EST
Albany is looking for its third NCAA tournament appearance in as many years. Stony Brook is attempting to once again get over that conference tournament hump.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:47 PM EST
Kaminsky has all but locked up the award in my mind.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:32 PM EST
Murray State rolled through the OVC unbeaten and enters the conference tournament as the heavy favorite.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Rasheed Sulaimon was reportedly publicly accused of sexual assault.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
This is the last true road game for the Wildcats this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
Andrew Chrabascz had missed the last two weeks with a broken hand
Mar 3, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
A three-game margin separated the top seven teams, so don’t be surprised if things don’t go according to the seeds in Conway, South Carolina.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
The National Player of the Year talks hoops, soccer and senior years.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)