Jun 13, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s day-3 of the re-inspired Morning Mix. I feel like I haven’t missed a beat. It’s probably because I haven’t. Yeah, I said it.
– Xavier and Tennessee will begin a home-and-home series. That could be fun
– Washington revealed their non-conference schedule for the 2012-2013 season. They will face three 2012 NCAA tournament teams at home, Loyola (Md), Colorado State and Saint Louis. They will also travel to Storrs, CT to take on the UConn Huskies.
– Speaking of non-conference schedules, Jeff Goodman ranked the top fifty non-conference games of next season. I’m looking forward to #10 – Syracuse vs. San Diego in the Midway Classic. C.L. Brown of the Courier-Journal does the same
– I’ve been involved in college basketball media for four years, and I have not met anybody that comes remotely close to being as funny as KSR’s Drew Franklin. Yesterday was his birthday
– Marcus Jordan, son of his airness, may not return to UCF next season. That would be a huge blow to the Knights, who have been making steady progress in the past few seasons
– Jeff Borzello trotted out his conference-by-conference team recruiting rankings. Really? I’m pretty sure we had these two months ago. Quit going to the beach on weekdays and get some real work done
– In case you missed it yesterday, Temple’s Khaliff Wyatt was busted for soliciting an undercover cop in Atlantic City on his 21st birthday
– You watched Game-1 of the NBA Finals last night, didn’t you? Well if you did, you might have noticed a bevy of former college stars scampering up and down the hardwood in OKC
– West Virginia landed yet another transfer, this time, Boston College’s Matt Humphrey
– All signs point to a sensational rookie year for Wisconsin freshman Sam Dekkar
– North Carolina State-transfer Tyler Harris is closing in on a landing destination. Providence, Temple, South Florida, UAB and Dayton are all in the mix to land the 6-8 forward
– It’s becoming a week;ly trend for somebody to write about how masterful John Calipari is at recruiting, and I always agree
– NBADraft.net previews the top centers in the draft, headlined by “The Brow” Anthony Davis
– According the Jeff Eisenberg, Bill Chambers’51-rebound game back in 1953 will never be broken
– Erin Andrews in a bikini? Yes please
Apr 19, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
With their leading rebounder off to the NBA, UCLA is hoping that this 6-foot-11 center can be of service in that area.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
With Cady Lalanne and Maxie Esho out of eligibility, this addition gives UMass some added front court experience.
Apr 19, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
A former Iowa State guard will continue his career in the Valley.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Foster struggled as a sophomore, but a change of scenery could do him some good.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Kansas State badly needed some bodies after an offseason filled with roster turnover. They landed a three-star forward on Sunday.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Louisiana Tech might have found its new starting point guard for next season.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
One of the best players left in the 2015 class is down to eight schools.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Rhode Island is getting E.C. Matthews back for his junior season.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A former top-100 player found a new home in the ACC.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
A former top-150 prospect is heading from the SEC to Georgia State.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
DeAndre Ayton is one of the best prospects in high school basketball.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Wood returning would ensure that this young but talented front line wouldn’t lack for experience.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:56 PM EDT
Missouri is hopeful that these two junior college products can help them rebound from a tough 2014-15.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Josh Speidel hadn’t spoken since the crash February 1. His first word: “Mom.”
Apr 18, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Chris Collins and his staff have done a good job of recruiting local talent, and they reeled in another player Saturday.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Lightfoot was on the receiving end of offers from Arizona State and Utah before committing to UNM, and the new staff at ASU has already reached out to him.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Miller averaged 16.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per game last season, and he’s an important addition for the UConn front court.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
More arrests at Iowa State as two more members of the 2014-15 roster were charged within the last week.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Boise State received some encouraging news this week as Anthony Drmic is returning for another season.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:36 PM EDT
Hammons’ decision to return makes the Boilermakers a Top 25 team.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)