Jun 13, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s day-3 of the re-inspired Morning Mix. I feel like I haven’t missed a beat. It’s probably because I haven’t. Yeah, I said it.
– Xavier and Tennessee will begin a home-and-home series. That could be fun
– Washington revealed their non-conference schedule for the 2012-2013 season. They will face three 2012 NCAA tournament teams at home, Loyola (Md), Colorado State and Saint Louis. They will also travel to Storrs, CT to take on the UConn Huskies.
– Speaking of non-conference schedules, Jeff Goodman ranked the top fifty non-conference games of next season. I’m looking forward to #10 – Syracuse vs. San Diego in the Midway Classic. C.L. Brown of the Courier-Journal does the same
– I’ve been involved in college basketball media for four years, and I have not met anybody that comes remotely close to being as funny as KSR’s Drew Franklin. Yesterday was his birthday
– Marcus Jordan, son of his airness, may not return to UCF next season. That would be a huge blow to the Knights, who have been making steady progress in the past few seasons
– Jeff Borzello trotted out his conference-by-conference team recruiting rankings. Really? I’m pretty sure we had these two months ago. Quit going to the beach on weekdays and get some real work done
– In case you missed it yesterday, Temple’s Khaliff Wyatt was busted for soliciting an undercover cop in Atlantic City on his 21st birthday
– You watched Game-1 of the NBA Finals last night, didn’t you? Well if you did, you might have noticed a bevy of former college stars scampering up and down the hardwood in OKC
– West Virginia landed yet another transfer, this time, Boston College’s Matt Humphrey
– All signs point to a sensational rookie year for Wisconsin freshman Sam Dekkar
– North Carolina State-transfer Tyler Harris is closing in on a landing destination. Providence, Temple, South Florida, UAB and Dayton are all in the mix to land the 6-8 forward
– It’s becoming a week;ly trend for somebody to write about how masterful John Calipari is at recruiting, and I always agree
– NBADraft.net previews the top centers in the draft, headlined by “The Brow” Anthony Davis
– According the Jeff Eisenberg, Bill Chambers’51-rebound game back in 1953 will never be broken
– Erin Andrews in a bikini? Yes please
Mar 27, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
This is a pretty nice move from Amile Jefferson.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Wardle spent five seasons as coach at Green Bay.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:47 PM EDT
Will play the winner of Michigan State-Oklahoma.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:39 PM EDT
Caleb Martin’s only two points of the game.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
Gonzaga defeated UCLA to advance to the Elite 8 for the first time under head coach Mark Few.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:22 PM EDT
Andy Toole has been with Robert Morris for five seasons.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:53 PM EDT
Nice big man-to-big man pass.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Class of 2015 five-star center Diamond Stone committed during a surprise announcement on Friday night.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
UNLV freshman Rashad Vaughn addresses NBA Draft rumors.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
One of three assists in the first half for Cat Barber.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Aaron Harrison left Thursday night’s game briefly with a finger injury.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
For the second time this month, the Indiana athletic director backed the school’s head coach.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Arizona hasn’t been to the Final Four since 2001, but all involved are focused on Wisconsin and not that streak.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Frazier is projected as a second round pick.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The 6-foot-7 forward has two years of eligibility left.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Rick Barnes has been with Texas for 17 seasons.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:39 PM EDT
Lavin had been with the St. John’s program for five years.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Prohm was one of the hottest names on the coaching carousel.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Nigel Hayes has become a national sensation this tournament.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Two transfers in one week is not a good thing.
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 0
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)