Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting.
According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright might be willing to take him back and wouldn’t see any possible delays from the administration or from compliance to make the move happen.
Kennedy averaged 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season for the Wildcats, who finished with an overall record of 13-19, including 5-13 in the Big East.
Villanova will be bringing in a two-man recruiting class and, though not large, features two solid prospects in guard Ryan Arcidiacono and center Daniel Ochefu.
Were Kennedy to return, Ochefu could end up taking some of his minutes, though the Wildcats could still use him in the frontcourt alongside Mouphtaou Yarou and Maurice Sutton.
The most difficult thing for Villanova, looking forward, is how it will compensate for the loss of its two top scorers, moving into 2012-13.
Both Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek declared early for the NBA draft, leaving a scoring void of more than 30 points per game.
That leaves Yarou as the top returning scorer, having averaged 11.3 points per game, along with sophomore-to-be JayVaughn Pinkston, who averaged 9.6 per game this past season.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)