Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EST
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting.
According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright might be willing to take him back and wouldn’t see any possible delays from the administration or from compliance to make the move happen.
Kennedy averaged 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season for the Wildcats, who finished with an overall record of 13-19, including 5-13 in the Big East.
Villanova will be bringing in a two-man recruiting class and, though not large, features two solid prospects in guard Ryan Arcidiacono and center Daniel Ochefu.
Were Kennedy to return, Ochefu could end up taking some of his minutes, though the Wildcats could still use him in the frontcourt alongside Mouphtaou Yarou and Maurice Sutton.
The most difficult thing for Villanova, looking forward, is how it will compensate for the loss of its two top scorers, moving into 2012-13.
Both Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek declared early for the NBA draft, leaving a scoring void of more than 30 points per game.
That leaves Yarou as the top returning scorer, having averaged 11.3 points per game, along with sophomore-to-be JayVaughn Pinkston, who averaged 9.6 per game this past season.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)