Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting.
According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright might be willing to take him back and wouldn’t see any possible delays from the administration or from compliance to make the move happen.
Kennedy averaged 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season for the Wildcats, who finished with an overall record of 13-19, including 5-13 in the Big East.
Villanova will be bringing in a two-man recruiting class and, though not large, features two solid prospects in guard Ryan Arcidiacono and center Daniel Ochefu.
Were Kennedy to return, Ochefu could end up taking some of his minutes, though the Wildcats could still use him in the frontcourt alongside Mouphtaou Yarou and Maurice Sutton.
The most difficult thing for Villanova, looking forward, is how it will compensate for the loss of its two top scorers, moving into 2012-13.
Both Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek declared early for the NBA draft, leaving a scoring void of more than 30 points per game.
That leaves Yarou as the top returning scorer, having averaged 11.3 points per game, along with sophomore-to-be JayVaughn Pinkston, who averaged 9.6 per game this past season.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)