Jun 14, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Two weeks after announcing his intent to transfer from Villanova, it appears there is a possibility Markus Kennedy might not be going anywhere after all, Philly.com is reporting.
According to the report, Kennedy has expressed an interest to stay and has contacted Villanova head coach Jay Wright about his intentions. Website sources indicate that Wright might be willing to take him back and wouldn’t see any possible delays from the administration or from compliance to make the move happen.
Kennedy averaged 3.0 points and 4.4 rebounds per game last season for the Wildcats, who finished with an overall record of 13-19, including 5-13 in the Big East.
Villanova will be bringing in a two-man recruiting class and, though not large, features two solid prospects in guard Ryan Arcidiacono and center Daniel Ochefu.
Were Kennedy to return, Ochefu could end up taking some of his minutes, though the Wildcats could still use him in the frontcourt alongside Mouphtaou Yarou and Maurice Sutton.
The most difficult thing for Villanova, looking forward, is how it will compensate for the loss of its two top scorers, moving into 2012-13.
Both Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek declared early for the NBA draft, leaving a scoring void of more than 30 points per game.
That leaves Yarou as the top returning scorer, having averaged 11.3 points per game, along with sophomore-to-be JayVaughn Pinkston, who averaged 9.6 per game this past season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)